Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

should I break up?

indigoOrange9898 October 20th, 2022

my boyfriend cheated on me 2 years ago now, he apologised and tried to make it better. He really does, I was toxic in the past and he cheated on me to get away from me. He used to do everything for me while I wasn't as serious about the relationship as he was. We are doing better now, but sometimes I still feel mistrust, discomfort and just want distance. Especially when things come up that relates to him cheating on me. I can't explain how exactly I feel. He's very serious about our relationship and I'm trying to be that too, but triggers of the past hurt me.

BodhisattvaKuato October 20th, 2022

The only thing that gets hurt is the ego. Breaking up can be the wrong choice and continuing can also be the wrong choice, the reason behind doing either thing matters, the intention. Stay together to try and make it work or leave in self defense because of the fear of pain. Stay because of the fear of being alone or leave to allow more room for healing.

🙏

reservedMango5210 October 23rd, 2022

@indigoOrange9898 this decision is ultimately up to you. Breakups are painful but you don’t want stay just because you feel obligated. It seems like for obvious reasons you still have distrust in him, which is very understandable. I will say in my opinion if you are questioning it than it is probably best to breakup now as things will only get more serious. I hope whatever you decide makes you happy ♥️

A987A789 October 28th, 2022

@indigoOrange9898 That must be really hard having distrust in your partner. What makes you feel that he takes the relationship more seriously than you do?