Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

my bf just broke up with me

Lolie January 29th, 2017

I'm feeling lost and lonely. He told me he has been been trying to force his feelings for the Last 3-4 months. He said he really tried. I feel so stupid I feel now all the last months were a lie. I feel really lonely and don't know how to start again. I don't feel like socialize but I definitely don't want to be by myself. All kind of thoughts are hurting me now. Where to begin? I'm really scared

DarkLord01 February 13th, 2017

@Lolie I am going through the same thing.

ForceSensitive February 13th, 2017

@Kashish1234567890 a man who has to force his feelings for you never had feelings for you at all not even from the get go he was just wantin some attention. You deserve better and when you find better you can sit back and say it's his loss not mine

friendlySkies927 January 29th, 2017

@Lolie I am sorry you are feeling so lost and alone. I went through a terrible breakup myself not too long ago. I felt betrayed, confused, alone and felt like I could never love again. I cannot take away the pain you are feeling but I can tell you that your journey does not end here. Your boyfriend may need time to get through something that may have nothing to do with you. In return, take time and focus on YOU. Surrond yourself with positive people, things that make you happy, keep a journal - consistently repeat positive affirmations. I am thinking of you.

Lolie OP January 29th, 2017

@friendlySkies927 you have no idea how much it means your message for me now. Thank you so much for your support

friendlySkies927 February 5th, 2017

@Lolie you are more than welcome. I hope this gave you some sense of encouragement. Please know you have support here.

ShaiB January 29th, 2017

@Lolie

I am so sorry :( <3 I have been there, it's heart breaking. Just know that it's okay to not feel okay right now, take your time. Cry, if that's all that you can manage, let it all out. The pain won't go untill you feel all of it. Allow yourself to feel. But always rememeber, you are enough and this will pass, slowly but surely you will feel fine again. When you fel like it, indulge in some self care, take a long bath, treat yourself to something, watch a funny movie, anything that makes you feel better. *hugs* It'll be fine <3 Hang in there <3

@ShaiB thank you! !! All of these support messages have helped me to ease the lonely feeling.

dancingStrawberry34 January 29th, 2017

@Lolie

I am here if you ever need someone :)

@dancingStrawberry34 hi. I would like to share a feeling I'm struggling right now with. for some reason I'm a bit scared of tonight. Of The night. I barely could get some sleep I struggled with anxiety I'm scared it will kick in in any moment. I'm scared of being by myself for that reason :( wish time would just go faster now

imontheoutside January 29th, 2017

Dear @Lolie,

You must be going through a massive heartbreak right now, and I am sorry that you have to feel this way. Heartbreaks, heartaches, and pain are part of the many things we experience in life. Sometimes your breakup is a breakthrough for a greater journey to happen - which you will walk alone. It's okay to be alone after a long while, and I must say that it's also okay to feel alone at this time when you've recently broken up. Loving is never easy, especially when we're loving ourselves. It will be hard to start over again, but it gets easier. I hope that you will learn to get through this breakup and I wish you the best with whatever is yet to come for you. How would you love yourself? Isn't this the time to find out? :)

Warm Regards,

Outside <3

@imontheoutside thank you for your strength in your message! <3 its tricky not knowing where you begin. I guess is time to find it out again!

Lolie OP February 3rd, 2017

@countrygirl1231 thank you! It gives me strength to read all this messages

Lolie OP February 5th, 2017

I have been dealing with a bit of anxiety since yesterday. I decided to send him back his belongings. (No intention at all to contact him) it was through fedex. But as soon as the delivery was arranged something hurt so bad inside me.it was really painful. His stuff will be arriving on Monday to his office. I don't know why my mind brings that fact so many times. The hardest part was to pack his stuff and send literally given then to a stranger for the delivery. I felt it was me making a closure happening less than a week from breaking up. I was telling myself that day that it is ok and healthy to let that go...that he is not there on his belongings. .thay he made the decision of leaving me ... I just want to get over with all of this emotions. And it kills me to think that he might be doing great focusing all his sadness or whatever he feels going crazy working.

friendlySkies927 February 6th, 2017

@Lolie believe it or not depsite all the emotions you are feeling, you are very brave and doing what is right for you. I wish I had half the strength that you do. I held on to a relationship, wanting it to work, and letting all those negative feelings make me feel like what I was doing was wrong. You will look back on this and be okay with your decision. You will be okay with putting yourself first. And don't think about what he's feeling, going through, etc. You will drive yourself mad with such thoughts. Let him process it the way he needs to and you will process it the way you need to.

Azureee February 13th, 2017

I am hurt because I feel like I could have gone even further with my boyfriend. people keep telling me to give up and move on but I don't want to.

2cupsofteaa February 14th, 2017

@Lolie

Hi there, I hear you :( Break ups are very difficult to handle, but mainly because they are such huge transitional changes in our lives. You have invested so much of your time, love and care into this relationship which is now over, and so understandably, this loss will leave a mark. Ultimately, you are grieving right now, over something that you have considered dear to you. So be kind to yourself. It is not an easy stage and many people have gone through this at one point in their lives. So know that you're not alone. You have a place here in the 7Cups community if you want to connect with someone and just talk about your feelings. Healing will take time, and it will happen, even if you don't believe that it's possible. My thoughts are with you! If he was truly yours to begin with, he will come back - that is a phrase that really got me through my break up. If not...well, you deserve someone who does not take your presence for granted :) Some positive thinking there!

caringLight February 20th, 2017

@Lolie

I'm sorry to hear this .It's very difficult the process of healing but healing comes eventually ,once your heart has healed and you can move on then you can find someone else that will make you happier ❤wish you all the best