Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Stuck and confused...

wonderingsoul95 February 16th, 2018

My partner who I am still in love with broke up with me after 2.5years. We both have ban saying we never experienced this sort of emotional and intimate connection with no one else before ( we both had long term relationships b4) . The breakup happened mainly because of lack of communication and loss of understanding of and appreciation for one another. Ive been having some downs to do with my anxiety too but no major events like cheating etc took place. It happened a month ago and since he said he wants to try again then gone back on his word then I said I dont want to talk about anything but business ( mutual tenancy that needs giving up) . He messaged me the other night asking how I was so I said Im getting by. He then said it will get better... I said its really hurtful how he is still sounding like he is forcing himself to stay away and tries to force me to think its for the better too. No reply but thats not unusual. I dont know what to think I cant and dont want to move on cause I think there is still something there...

UntilThen February 16th, 2018

@wonderingsoul95

Breakups are hard, especially when one or both of you still have some lingering feelings - which sounds like it may be the case from your description. Despite this, if the relationship was not healthy and you agreed on that, I would stick to the breakup. If you DO want to try again at some point, it should be after a long enough period of time that you can both work on personal growth. Stay strong <3

wonderingsoul95 OP February 16th, 2018

@UntilThen thank you for your response. If Im being honest I think it can definitely work out if we both take some time to think and I am focusing on taking care of myself and self improvement and I hope that it is what my ex partner is doing also. Theres no feelings of animosity between us, quite the opposite we have said to one another that we are wonderful people ... hopefully with a bit more of self discovery we will either decide to reunite and if not we will get comfortable with letting go and moving on . Its just really, really hard . We are both stubborn which I think could be putting up some barriers so Im just trying to be open with my communication as much as I can. The community here has much helped, I have just so much positive feelings that I cannot allocate now I find it helpful just trying to help people as well as getting some amazing feedback to my struggles

brilliantPeace1123 February 17th, 2018

@wonderingsoul95 you are working on yourself and that is always something to be proud of. You might find you've grown in ways you didn't think you would.

wonderingsoul95 OP February 17th, 2018

@brilliantPeace1123 thank you and I hope so. I just get set back every time I feel that he still cares about me it makes me feel low because this hope is born every time and it just overwhelms me because nothing comes out of it.