Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My heart is torn and I don't know what to do

pioneeringSkies8568 February 2nd, 2021

Hi! I've recently been through a break up. My ex boyfriend broke up with me because he said he wasn't sure if he's ready to commit into a relationship. He said he's tired and wants to focus on things in his life like his health and his family. I understand that, but it just hurts so much when I gave him all my love, and he's the only one who genuinely lnows me. Right now we're bestfriends, and as an overthinker, I piss him off sometimes which also affects his mental health. I don't know what to do. I don't know who to talk and if I should talk to anyone. I'm not close with my parents and i think they won't understand me. My ex was really the only one who knows my fears, secrets, and everything about me… no one else… just him… and i'm sad and i really don't know what to do… i think this breakup has also triggered the mental health issues i've been trying to keep in my own bottle. What should I do?😞

lifeisbeautiful37 February 2nd, 2021

Here are some suggestions maybe you haven’t heard before, to distract yourself for a bit: Listen to music you like Write about your feelings Write songs or poems about your feelings Write him a letter and then tear it up Watch your favorite tv show Paint your nails Pluck your eyebrows Take a shower Get a massage Go out with a friend Get extra sleep Learn something new Read a book Catch up with an old friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a while AND... Schedule “worry time”. Pick a time each day to think about your break up for 15-30 minutes. Then when the time is up you have to move on with your day. Good luck!!

pioneeringSkies8568 OP February 2nd, 2021

Thank you for these suggestions, especially the last ones… because of the pandemic it's been really hard for me to go out with friends, and i've tried listening to music amd wayching my faborite tv shows, however, i feel so distracted checking my phone hoping for a notification from him😞 i know it's stupid but i will try these methods you've suggested! Thank you so much! This is much appreciated🤗

lifeisbeautiful37 February 3rd, 2021

I hope things work out either way. Just believe things will work out for the best :)

affableWater6293 February 2nd, 2021

I'm older than you but in the same boat. There will be others and you will look back on this in the future and know you got through it

pioneeringSkies8568 OP February 2nd, 2021

I hope so too! Thank you so much!