Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Letting go of hope

Alwaysaway81 May 24th, 2020

I've been single for nearly a month now. There hasn't been any contact for a couple of weeks. I'm finding it very difficult to let go of hope even though I know that I have to. I've been using this time for self reflection to figure myself out and to become a better person. I have been seeing a therapist who is helping me through this, but how do I get past this feeling that she will reach out when I know that she won't?

Lillypad25 May 26th, 2020

@Alwaysaway81

thanks for sharing. Well done for going no contact, I myself are in no contact at the moment as well. I think a couple of weeks is too soon to tell! You need to let go completely, and if it's meant to be it will come back to you. Try not to obsess over the days and just work on yourself! Be kind to yourself, eat well and exercise.

everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be it will be. Keep going with the no contact as that's the best way to find out! Lots of YouTube videos out there for you to watch for support! Good luck x

Alwaysaway81 OP May 26th, 2020

@Lillypad25 Thanks! I'm doing alright with everything. I haven't been overwhelmed by it in any regards. I'd just like to be moved on. I know it's coming, but that it takes time.

My therapist thinks that after a month of no contact that I should mail her a letter. She has me writing it now, but taking the time to edit it over the next couple of weeks. I think I'm also going to finish a crafty project we had been doing together and include that as well. I don't know what the letter will say in a couple of weeks, but by then hopefully I am well into the process of moving on.