Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Empty

ivoryCamp2081 November 2nd, 2019

Hey, first birthday without my wife, and really first birthday alone. I honestly can say its been the worst bday Ive ever had and wasnt a lot of celebrating. Having to spend it no family no wife no son isnt exactly the best. With my ex spouse choosing to go to an event instead of spending the bday with me, it might be the clear sign of no matter how much you change and how patient you are it takes two for a relationship. And I want to be perfectly clear thats my ex wife were not together and shes not obligated to spend time with me, but it doesnt make the sting any less painful. Patience is key, but if a person wants to be with you (this is especially true in my opinion with an ex) they would. I believe in self happiness and being true to myself, because I couldnt love someone and make them feel loved if I didnt love myself. With that being said I still feel how I do with wanting my ex spouse, but if there was ever a sign that she doesnt feel the same I feel it was today.
thanks Any and Everyone for listening, needed to vent.
be strong everybody, were all here together and if anyone needs it Im here to listen.

MrsAshleyMarie November 2nd, 2019

Hi there,

First of all, I want to wish you a happy birthday. Spending a brithday alone can feel really lonely, and it sounds like you had a really tough day. Thank you for coming here to talk about it. I think simply talking about something to someone can help us tremendiously sometimes.

I couldn't agree with you more that it takes two in a relationship. You brought up some excellent points that I wish everyone could hear. Self happiness is truly important. Sometimes it takes a while for us to figure out how we can achieve happiness by ourselves, but I hope you never give up. You deserve happiness.

Take care.

ivoryCamp2081 OP November 3rd, 2019

@MrsAshleyMarie Thank you for the post, its always helpful and supportive. I appreciate the the birthday wishes, today has been really hard but Im definitely undecided at this point shes still the only one I want but, if she doesnt feel that way as well I feel I should respect that and move on, even though my feelings hasnt changed

adventurousBranch3786 November 3rd, 2019

@ivoryCamp2081 Happy birthday. I'm sorry to hear that you are having to spend the day alone without your ex-wife and family.

ivoryCamp2081 OP November 3rd, 2019

@adventurousBranch3786 thank you so much it means a lot.

kitty54 November 3rd, 2019

@ivoryCamp2081 Happy birthday :) possibly belated at this point. empty is such a bad lonely feeling. Hopefully, something positive will come of this and you will be in a better postion to move forward with your life :) Changing for someone isn't always positive, changing for yourself is always good. Make yourself happy, do what makes you feel good, and do it for you.