Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Prompt!!

zealousGrace5023 February 22nd, 2022

Character A is anxiously awaiting an open door.

write something inspired by these points:

• A front door, decorated for the season
  • Character A, anxiously waiting for the door to open
  • A reason for Character A to be anxious (your choice whether to reveal this to the reader or not!)
  • An object for Character A to hold
Evelynna February 23rd, 2022

@zealousGrace5023

Amy just can't seem to stop pacing. Jo knows exactly why Amy is feeling so anxious. Jo glances towards the ebony-coloured front door of a house beautifully decorated with Christmas wreaths and streamers, she walks towards Amy with her boots crunching the soft fluffy snow that seemed to have started falling a few hours ago. Looked like it was gonna be a white Christmas after all. Jo quietly obstructed a distraught Amy's path with a gentle hand on her abdomen.
"You don't understand Jo!" Amy whispers as she leans into Jo for a hug.
Jo pats Amy's back as she whispers, "It's gonna be okay, okay?"
And she smiles and cups Amy's cheek.
"We'll still have each other no matter what happens, hmm?"
They disengage from the hug, removing all physical contact as Amy closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths and Jo looks at her and smiles softly.
After a few breaths Amy seems a lot calmer and she holds out her hand for her girlfriend to take it. Seeing the hand Jo's smile widens. The two women hold each other's hands tightly as Amy finally knocks on the door and they both smile at the older woman who opens the door.
(I don't write so feel free to leave me your constructive criticism and guidance)
zealousGrace5023 OP February 25th, 2022

@Evelynna could've fooled me, this is pretty well written

i feel like the and in "And she smiles and...face" can be omitted but its not necessary

thats about it

Evelynna February 25th, 2022

Which smile bit you talking about, the last bit? :o Sorry, a lil confused lmao

zealousGrace5023 OP February 25th, 2022

@Evelynna "And she smiles and cups Amy's cheek."

sorry it was cheek not face šŸ˜…

comfortableNight4463 February 27th, 2022

@Evelynna Nice!

Character A is standing in an empty, brightly but naturally lit hallway. The door she is standing in front of is stained wood with a wreath of bright pink flowers. The mat in front of the door is black and ā€œWELCOMEā€ written on it.

Character A has long blonde hair that falls hip length. She is wearing a short black dress with a denim jacket. She is holding a bottle of red wine. Her left hand is holding onto the neck of the bottle and her right hand is on the bottom and and sheā€™s gently tapping the bottle with her fingers. She has a green tote bag hanging on her right arm that appears to be half full.