Community /

Reading & Writing

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
What are you currently reading?
by tommy
Last post
September 18th
...See more Tell us what book you're currently reading! Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it to someone else so far? {GIF of a cat reading a book}
Reading & Writing Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
August 12th
...See more Welcome to the Reading & Writing Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 27 August (updated by @tommy) @amiableBunny4016 @calmmoon2104 @dancingGrotto @GwydionRowan @hanasophia @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @LoveMyMoonflowers @softForest4843 @tommy
Prompts
by StarrySkies1236
Last post
September 2nd
...See more Imagine I'm that person that you wish would come up to you....what would you say to them?  Imagine I've just met you and you have one thing to say to me....what is it?
Letter to Self
by VioletNotes
Last post
July 22nd
...See more Hello! (I'm Violet) TCR can have some silly conversations… and as we were discussing whether or not love letters are still “a thing,” @CommunityModAnne told us that we should all write a letter to ourselves! I think that can be a great way to slow down and get out whatever feelings you have towards yourself.  Here are some things you could maybe write about: * What can I forgive myself for? * What do I like about myself? * What encouragement can I offer myself? What do I need to keep working on? * Where do I see myself in 5, 10, 20 years? And how can I get there? * Whatever else you can think of! Feel free to keep your letter private, save it for your future self to read, or share it here! I’ll share mine soon to get the thread going. Update me on your progress! What are you writing about, if you don’t want to share the entire letter? How did it feel to write it all out? ------------------------- And so, in honor of Anne, you could start it like she suggested!  “Dear Self, Mod Anne the tea cup on 7 cups told me to write to you…” Tagging people in the room for the discussion: @reliablebunny23 @versatileWhisper1571 @KiminoSuizouwoTabetai @Anycat123 @dinosaurBlitz @CommunityModAnne @Apeatrice @Heartsandrosesandpaws And some other people too: @DingoOliver @PastaIsVeryUnderrated @MickMoss @Noor511 @DarkerPlaces @theboymoana
Prompt!!
by zealousGrace5023
Last post
July 20th
...See more Character A is anxiously awaiting an open door. write something inspired by these points: * A front door, decorated for the season * Character A, anxiously waiting for the door to open * A reason for Character A to be anxious (your choice whether to reveal this to the reader or not!) * An object for Character A to hold *
Writing Advice
by inventiveOcean3313
Last post
July 17th
...See more Hi everyone :) As a writer, I would like to know : what are the elements / storylines you guys think should be incorporated more in stories ? What clichés should be watered down and what makes a good plot / an interesting character according to you guys ? I mostly write love stories in the YA/New Adult genre, so I was hoping you could help me improve myself : ) Thank you.
New Prompt!
by AnnaJ718
Last post
July 12th
...See more Create a poem, short story, or plotline with this prompt! "I don't know you anymore." Can be happy, sad, motivating, anything! I would like to see your creativity! (Also there hasn't been a new post recently, so I decided to make one! I'll be doing a couple more throughout the month, and if you want to be added to the taglist, say "I would like to be added to the taglist please!")
Journal Guide Suggestion
by TJItalia
Last post
July 7th
...See more Do you every feel stuck in the morning or evening when you would like to journal?  Have tried a writing  prompt? Here is a writing prompt for your journal.  (GIFT) G Gratitude (list three to five things you are grateful for) I Intention (what is your intention for today) F feelings (what emotions are you feeling now or big ones you've experienced today) T Thoughts (write out anything that you want, perhaps proud moments or tasks you accomplished or simple plans for the next day) Please note: Journaling is your way of expressing your thoughts and feelings. This prompt is not for everyone and just a suggestion. So I would like only Positive experiences or journal suggestions that would help others in the comments. Be Well.
Teeny's writing prompt #2
by teenytinyturtle
Last post
May 6th
...See more Hello! This one is a little different.... Write about a land based on your mood. If you are happy, it might be colourful and lively etc.
Favorite Words
by SarahKind
Last post
April 29th
...See more What are your favorite sensory words?
Writing Prompts!
by jesusredeemedme2425
Last post
April 24th
...See more List any writing prompts you have here, to inspire others to write! <3 I'll start... Got this one off the internet lol A crumpled piece of paper holding an unexpected message is carried by the wind. Where did it come from, and where is it going? [https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/mystery/a-crumpled-piece-of-paper-holding-an-unexpected-me/]
What you wanna hear
by Tauriel98
Last post
March 11th
...See more Hi everyone 👋 I have a question: " what is that overwhelming sentence you wanna hear from someone which makes you feel good?"🤔
Sleep Hygiene Tips
by Holmes33
Last post
January 23rd
...See more Let's discuss good sleep habits and strategies for a restful night
Writing Prompt: The Old Dusty Book
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
January 15th
...See more "The old, dusty book sat untouched on the shelf for decades until one day..." Using the prompt above feel welcome to write in any style/form and share what you end up creating!

Reading & Writing

Welcome to Reading & Writing! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Reading & Writing.

What are the different forum topics for Reading & Writing?

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Writing Prompts: Need something to help inspire you? Find writing prompts here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Reading & Writing FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Leaders
Forum Supporter