Community /

Reading & Writing

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
What are you currently reading?
by tommy
Last post
September 18th
...See more Tell us what book you're currently reading! Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it to someone else so far? {GIF of a cat reading a book}
Reading & Writing Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
August 12th
...See more Welcome to the Reading & Writing Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 27 August (updated by @tommy) @amiableBunny4016 @calmmoon2104 @dancingGrotto @GwydionRowan @hanasophia @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @LoveMyMoonflowers @softForest4843 @tommy
💜
by Purpleskies69
Last post
August 21st
...See more
What do you think of this quote?
by Percy9
Last post
July 8th
...See more "The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world." Hi everyone, I stumbled across this quote by Hermann Hesse's Demian the other day and wanted to hear some different interpretations. If it speaks to you too, let me know your thoughts on it.
Embracing sadness
by Percy9
Last post
May 9th
...See more Hi fellow book-lovers, I've been making it through Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet recently and wondering why I put off reading it for so many years. Many of the passages in this book have moved me, given me wisdom, or comforted me. In one letter, Rilke explains that sadness can bring along new changes, which he hopes will make us look inward at our transformation with curiosity and awe. I found this passage very impactful: "Were it possible for us to see further than our knowledge reaches, and yet a little way beyond the outworks of our divining, perhaps we would endure our sadnesses with greater confidence than our joys. For they are the moments when something new has entered into us, something unknown; our feelings grow mute in shy complexity, everything in us withdraws, a stillness comes, and the new, which no one knows, stands in the midst of it and is silent."
I loved this quote
by Beesandbooks
Last post
March 17th
...See more "People are not mirrors- they don't see you how you see yourself" - Sometimes I Lie (page 7)
Quote of the Day- My Favorite Songs
by integrityblues
Last post
March 10th
...See more I'd been posting quotes from my favorite songs that I found motivational, inspiring, or just fun while the feed was still around. So, since it's not around I'd like to start quoting my favorites again! Please feel free to join in on the fun, but don't post the words to entire songs. Here's an example: You've haunted me in colors I've never seen. I feel strange and unprotected, but I'm weightless like I'm falling on the moon. I'm falling slow for you. - "Manta Rays" by Ludo
Quotes from book
by Tulipsmile
Last post
February 21st
...See more Hello friends 🌷 I hope you are all well Actually, I was reading the book The Art of Indifference and I liked some of the quotes and wanted to share them with you : “Happiness comes from solving problems. If you avoid your problems or feel as if you don’t have any, then you are on your way to making yourself a miserable person. If you see that you have problems that you cannot solve, then you will make yourself a miserable person as well. The Magic Mixture It lies in solving those problems, not in the absence of problems in your life.” 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 "If you want to live without the waste of life accumulating inside you, you must reduce your awareness, and know that awareness is drowned. It requires you not to miss mistakes while you are still, not to go along with things without moving something in you, and to lose all those Monotonous days, and tranquility sometimes seems far away, like a dream" 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 No one but you is ever responsible for your situation. Many people may blame you for being unhappy, but no one is responsible for your unhappiness except you. This is because you are the one who can always choose how to look at things, how to respond to them and how to evaluate them" ⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘ Do you have any favourite quotes from a book 🤗😍 Tulip🌷
A powerful quote from Walden
by Percy9
Last post
November 19th, 2023
...See more Wanted to share this quote from Walden by Henry David Thoreau, wherein he explains the reason he lived alone in the woods for two years. I often come back to this book when I need to be reminded of modern life's tendency to over-complicate matters. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...”
the QUOTES I found
by thatmk
Last post
March 15th, 2023
...See more "Gentle... Always strive to be gentle. Especially with something new, you never know how fragile it is." ~ Xada's Dad (LoveBot)
My spin on my favorite quote
by Retr0ne
Last post
February 25th, 2023
...See more "When one is born into a burning house, well, they might think the whole world is on fire!" -Richard Keydrey ended it there....I prefer my additions though "When one is born into a burning house, well, they might think the whole world is on fire! But it's not, you just need to walk away from the flames. But don't go to far- or you will end up colder than ever, and any heat will burn you." -Richard Keydrey and Retr0ne
What is your favorite quote?
by HipsterChic
Last post
February 25th, 2023
...See more What is your favorite quote? Here’s my fav quote: “she wears all black just like her soul yet her heart is made of gold” — anonymous <<copy and paste your favorite quote in response to this post.🖤>>
Quote wall
by AvyIsKing
Last post
November 12th, 2022
...See more I had previously posted this in the writing forum because I didn't know this one existed. I have a quote wall, and I am looking for deep quotes for young adult novels. My quotes are like coping for me :)
Enjoy
by Tariq47
Last post
October 29th, 2022
...See more

Reading & Writing

Welcome to Reading & Writing! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Reading & Writing.

What are the different forum topics for Reading & Writing?

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Writing Prompts: Need something to help inspire you? Find writing prompts here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Reading & Writing FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Leaders
Forum Supporter