Community /

Reading & Writing

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
What are you currently reading?
by tommy
Last post
September 18th
...See more Tell us what book you're currently reading! Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it to someone else so far? {GIF of a cat reading a book}
Reading & Writing Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
August 12th
...See more Welcome to the Reading & Writing Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 27 August (updated by @tommy) @amiableBunny4016 @calmmoon2104 @dancingGrotto @GwydionRowan @hanasophia @HarmonyBlossom @HatsEatYou @LoveMyMoonflowers @softForest4843 @tommy
mental
by alexlemon
Last post
August 24th
...See more sometimes I think my dreams are just dreams  friends are just people to leave and people (the mean ones) are here to teach you a lesson but have we ever thought that the people we are around need more help than just one person can give TW abuse: me as a 14 year old who get hit over every mistake who still tries everyday gets told I cant be gay I cant be any kind of LGBTQ because I'm to young don't people understand that hurts , but the people who help may be going through worse the person I love who apologizes for every disappearance over a long period of time  makes me feel a little less empty I worry if he finds out I'm gay he will hate me. the cycle I'm stuck in of meaningless words the empty hole in my heart over being abandoned multiple times by loved ones makes the emptiness worse every time my friends come to me with their problems  I make them feel better with the fake smile I have plastered on my face but the one person when I'm talking to them its a genuine smile the beginning to the end of my time I will always love that one person, who helped who saved me the little kid inside who was crying for help  to this day I feel less and less empty when I'm talking to the one friend who I love but I'm also afraid of leaving me.                                                           to my dear friend                                                                      cherry      
Any other teen authors in here?
by miannaisanauthor
Last post
August 17th
...See more Hello. This is an excerpt from my upcoming debut novel, "ENDOCTORO." Let me know what you think. When I finally opened my eyes to the unblurred world behind my sadness, I found myself bathing in a calm part of the river along with the animated field of friendly fish and their familial relationships, whom graze across the brevity of bare skin at my feet and flow along with the river. Dark sand falls off of my fabric, somehow oily and slick off of my gloved fingers. It is now completely silent outside of the riverbed, the symphony is over and the ambience has been slaughtered. I didn’t get to keep my gift after all, the gift of being distinct from other women or anyone else for such a matter. Yet, something still lingers and chained to me, a faded image of her smile as she looks up at me, another of us holding hands in secret yet still bathing in the sunlight as we sit upon one of those tall trees on the edge of our world, the world before the hills that we could hide away in and roll down were turned into mills churning the workers until they reach their knees. There’s another small story that I have heard from the other parents when I was there, apparently passed down with the knowledge of its ever-so-true gods and kings. All the way in the sky where it hides perfectly, and in the place where the light gets sucked in despite its own immeasurable speeds, there always appears a pair of opposites when the beast that floats is finished with its meal. They are as such by colour, intent, dreams, and anything else, really. For years, decades, centuries, millennia, they wander in the noise of the beast’s extinguished appetite without any vision of each other and they are stuck in impossibly blazing heat. One day, they become closer to each other. Both of them die by the end of it as they touch each other and fade back into the noise that they had arisen from. Yet I have still lived in the vibrations as I stare into the beast’s expanse that I couldn’t find any other soldier traversing without their demise in mind. I wonder if the vibrations will take me too or if they will finally spare me in the mess of the reality. And as I keep staring for as long as I possibly can, I wonder if any of your songs could be stored somewhere in the lonely placed where I think and exist except for when I don’t. You always had a voice that could fill the room with something that nobody else could know quite as I did. I would have had an amount of joy bigger than the money and opportunities of the world to have my demise belated for the opening of your own concert hall dedicated to the people who kept you locked as you grew before you could be considered human.
Confess
by trueconfidant123
Last post
August 11th
...See more Hey everyone! I'm back with yet another twisted question for the community.  We all have secrets. Dark, neat, wild, and all the kinds that can possibly exist. No one is a saint. No one can be a saint. We all have a past. A past worth cherishing or a past worth loathing. What's your best kept secret?  Or  What's something no one knows about you? ------------------------- Let's CONFESS
Taru's Woodnotes ☘️
by calmmoon2104
Last post
July 13th
...See more Hello everyone, I am Taru, just a fellow cupser 💙 Nice to meet you all, welcome to Taru's Woodnotes! 💙 This forum thread will contain posts made by me on short essays with deeper meanings and the topic of this essays will change time to time, they can be on moods, feelings, any mental health disorders and others. They mostly will contain how I feel about things and will convey emotions through the lines of the essays💙 The main theme of the essays will be this all and it will also be dealing with nature and man made objects (like machines), which will be used as the way to express the feelings and thoughts. 💙 I have just started to write and I am really a newbie to writing so they may not even make any meanings and seem bad ( one of the reasons can be that English is not my first language) , but I will keep on improving them 💙 Thank you very much for reading this and I hope you will subscribe to this thread if you like it 💙 Have a amazing day or night 💙 ♡~ sending peaceful vibes ~♡
Improv Writing
by Rareshadow666
Last post
May 28th
...See more I knew as I passed through the hallway that I was being followed, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, the faint scuff of shoes on concrete. I knew that I was being followed. Wildly, I searched myself, hoping that I had some something on me that I could use against my assailant. But I found nothing of use. I wasn't even supposed to be in this part of town. I was supposed to be at home with my wife and kids, but she insisted that the groceries couldn't wait.  The store closest to us was closed so here I was, on the dingy side of town, where the worst things happen.  I saw a figure come around the corner, holding something sharp and I ran, abandoning my shopping cart. I ran until I got a painful stitch in my side and I was sure that I had left the person far behind. I bend over to catch my breath, and when I get back up a tall masked man with dark eyes is standing there. "How-" I start to say but my words were cut off as he stabs my stomach with the object. Pain explodes in my abdomen, and I can feel the stomach acid eating away at my flesh. Then man pushes me to the ground where I collapse and I know that I'm going to pass away, alone and afraid. An image of my two daughters flit through my mind, their happy faces as they danced in the field near our house. My wife and her constant obsession with making food. And the pure love I can see in her eyes every time she looks at me.  I sigh to myself and feel the pain fading away. Then everything goes black.
Poems I create
by incredibleRainbows2036
Last post
May 15th
...See more Here I will post poems which are really close to me and were written during I was going through hardships.   Some might be triggering for others so putting ( TW)    I promise these are not plagiarized,  I never do that .  These are my own and reflects my feelings .  Who relates to them , big hugs for you and don't think you are alone , I am always here for you 💗☺
Write a sad story in 6 words...
by peacefulHug92
Last post
February 18th
...See more NB: Please make sure stories are suitable and non-offensive or they will be removed. I know that's sad, but it's in 6 words! What story's can you come up with? 💕 Hit send, then hit a tree
Food for soul. [TW]
by Rivelino3
Last post
January 31st
...See more I will be sharing my writings here, quotes and poems. Some content might talk about Suicide and desth with graphic references. I will mark such posts at the start of posting it, so that any reader doesnt get triggered.
Unnamed [Emotive writing]
by Avaria
Last post
January 30th
...See more 𝑈𝑛𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 #𝟏 𝑈𝑛𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 #𝟐 𝑈𝑛𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 #𝟑 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒: 𝐼 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝐼ˊ𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑢𝑚 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛٫ 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚. 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑔𝑜𝑟𝑦٫ 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛ˊ𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑡𝑦٫ 𝑠𝑜 𝐼ˊ𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝘩𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑔𝑜. 𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠٫ 𝐼 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑎𝑔𝑜. 𝑇𝘩𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝘩𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑒٫ 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑚 𝑎𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒. 𝐼 𝘩𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛ˊ𝑡 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒. 𝑀𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑚 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑎𝑛٫ 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑎𝑧𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑐𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝐺𝑃𝑇 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒. 𝑇𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑠 - 𝐼 𝘩𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑎𝑡ˊ𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚.  𝐼ˊ𝑑 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘٫ 𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑠٫ 𝑒𝑡𝑐. 𝐴𝑛𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛. ------------------------- 𝐼𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑠: https://ibb.co/bKc88jS [https://ibb.co/bKc88jS], https://ibb.co/SVmgCGC [https://ibb.co/SVmgCGC], https://ibb.co/m8rdVgB [https://ibb.co/m8rdVgB] 
Writing & Depression
by juiceyhammo
Last post
December 1st, 2023
...See more Hello everyone, I'm not 100% certain that this is the right place for this post, I hope it is and I'm sorry if I turn out to be wrong! It's difficult to put down in words what is so clearly written out in my mind, a feeling a lot of you will be familiar with I'm sure, but I'll give it a go - For over two years now I have been working on a novel, it's a fantasy, and I'm on what I'd like to think is the second draft. However, for many months now I have been struggling with it. It isn't that I don't want to write, that I have 'writers block', or that I'm just short on time or ideas. I've thought over it and examined the situation very careful, and I don't think I'm 'excusing' it, as it were. I firmly believe that if you want to write it should be fun, if it isn't fun you shouldn't be doing it (Exception of school work!), and I do want to write. 'The key to writing is to sit down and do it', is a phrase used more or less by a lot of authors giving advise to aspiring ones. I think about my writing every day, and I feel drawn to it - I want to lose myself in this world I have created, that is still developing and changing and growing. It's exciting for me to be there, but something is stopping me. Due to complications in life, just the thought of writing is draining, it's exhausting to think about doing, as are many things (physically and emotionally). It leaves me feeling desperately sad, I wish that I could push on with my writing, to keep going with it. I find that I have spurts where I can revise a chapter or two, but then there are weeks that are barren, I won't even open the folder I keep it all in, though every day I will think about it. I am still reading in my spare time, which due to visa reasons I have far too much of right now (Delving into some work by Mr. King, in fact, and enjoying it!). I am struggling with depression and anxiety a lot of the time. In the past I've delt with this in my own way, and overcome it to write. I would spend my lunch break at work writing, or spend days off in a pub or cafe where I could be alone and relax, but unfortunately that is no longer possible. I guess my question to you is, put bluntly, how can I write when I feel depressed, anxious and trapped most of the time? I'm not expecting anything close to a set answer to end it, but any suggestions, or encouragement would be warmly welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to read this! J
[TW] Numbness
by yourlocalIKEA
Last post
October 22nd, 2023
...See more An emptiness at the back of your throat, a murky feeling lurking at the pit of your stomach. They threaten to consume you whole, Have you ever drowned in that? Those moments when the laughter of others  ring in dissonance, raw and untamed. The objects around you seemingly opaque, but you stand in the middle, transparent. When time slips through your fingertips, like sand sliding down an hourglass. You reminisce your childhood memories, but it leaves a saccharine taste on your mouth. The sensation of prickling needles, that fixes you numb in its place. As if someone stitches up all orifices, and leaves a small enough gap for you to breathe. You scream, shout, cry, pleading for this turmoil to fade away. And when you wake up from this dream-like haze, you are faced with the consequences of your actions.
[TW] A little something I wrote
by tiredandscared09
Last post
September 15th, 2023
...See more I'm sorry I guess it's not all your fault I guess I came on too strong Cared too much Did too much loved too much I swear for you I would have killed myself I guess all I do makes you feel in debt It leaves a weight on your chest But my love wasn't meant to be a competition I just wanted to help to make you feel loved to make you feel special Because to me you were I tried so hard to keep you safe But it’s not my job I tried so hard not to let this end Guess that's where I went wrong I chained a soul that always wanted to flee Promise I won’t do that anymore If all of it goes down in flames I won’t resist the burn I hope someday you find a love you can digest And I find one that doesn’t run. -20/07/2023

Reading & Writing

Welcome to Reading & Writing! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Reading & Writing.

What are the different forum topics for Reading & Writing?

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Writing Prompts: Need something to help inspire you? Find writing prompts here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Reading & Writing FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Leaders
Forum Supporter