ItzLeo October 5th, 2022

list at least 2 or 3 of your fav books

it can be any book you want

here are mine

Camp by L.C Rosen and Willow by Julia Hoban

SleepyShyCat October 5th, 2022

@ItzLeo

Books are one of my favourite things! Reading is such a relaxing activity ๐Ÿ“š

I've not heard of either of those books before, what are they about?

Some of my favourites I have to include: 'a thousand splendid sun's' by Khaled Hosseini, 'the great gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and then my encyclopedia on cats (of course a favourite for me) ๐Ÿ˜ธ

๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ“š

morningJasmine202 October 5th, 2022

@SleepyShyCat

thereโ€™s encyclopedia for cats? I needthat one ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

SleepyShyCat October 5th, 2022

@morningJasmine202

Yes! You can get encyclopedias for both domestic cats and wild cats! (and also other animal themed encyclopedias) They are usually filled with lots of photos which is fun, and lots of facts ๐Ÿ˜ธ

donkeysteve October 8th, 2022

@SleepyShyCat Borgel by Daniel Manus Pinkwater. It's a kind of philosophical thriller aimed at children/teens. Also very absurdist and surreal. Really great.

Another would have to be Animal Farm by George Orwell. It gives me goosebumps each time I read it, and it's a really quick and easy read that gets your mind really working.

Miminty4549 October 9th, 2022

Animal Farm is one of my favorites as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š

beingrahul November 12th, 2022

Mine too

Moonythefriendlywerewolf October 5th, 2022

@ItzLeo

Harry potter and the prisoner of askaban

Young Werewolfs Under the moon

donkeysteve October 8th, 2022

@Moonythefriendlywerewolf

Prisoner is the best film IMO, but my fave book would either be Chamber of Secrets or Deathly Hallows. Chamber is just so dark when compared to the previous one, and you really start to feel the paranoia that Harry feels about maybe being the heir of Slytherin. And it's a great mystery and the end bit is a total adventure.

Deathly Hallows is just great because it's nonstop adventure with a lot of "missing lore" that we finally get to partake in and of course the exciting climax (but I always skip the stupid epilogue).

But Prisoner film is simply the best - the cinematography, the "girl power" Hermione subplot, but especially the music. The main theme for that film is really nice, plus did you ever notice the ticking clock when they go back in time?

LPyMP October 5th, 2022

Stephen King's The Stand

Owen King's Sleeping Beauties

Liv125 November 12th, 2022

Stephen King is an amazing author, i love his books ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourites! ๐Ÿ’—

ivoryCat3815 October 5th, 2022

Praise- a 4 series book by Sara Cate

Credence by Penelope Douglas

I like how varied each of these books are ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing! ๐Ÿ’›

crimsonCup1866 October 5th, 2022

Layla by colleen hoover and saving everest by Sky chase

I loved ''Layla", it was an interesting read and i get why you like it ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing! โค

kindPomegranate4816 October 5th, 2022

Anthem by Ayn Rand, Animal Farm by George Orwell, The Clockwork Twin by Walter R. Brooks and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Sorry, thatโ€™s 4. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Animal Farm is another great classic, which such deep meaning behind the story ๐Ÿ˜Š 4 books is never enough, and thank you for sharing your favourites! ๐Ÿ’—

quinnsdrift227 October 5th, 2022

@ItzLeo ugly love by colleen hoover

Colleen Hoover is a fantastic author ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite book! ๐Ÿ’—

Robin0001 October 6th, 2022

Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstein for sure. Its something I read at a time in my life when I was at my happiest and I always get those residual feelings back whenever I read it again

It's lovely to hear that reading that book brings back the nostalgia from the time, and the happy feelings of before ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite book and the reasoning behind it!

Celc October 7th, 2022

@ItzLeo Almost Home by Joan Bauer. I highly recommend it, as it's extremely underrated.

Hmm, i would love to read this book! ๐Ÿ˜Š It always hurts to see underrated author's talents go to waste due to lack of recognition, so a big thank you for sharing it here ๐Ÿ’—

ThadSterling October 8th, 2022

The Sunset Limited by Cormac McCarthy (runner up: All the Pretty Horses by him)

The 10th of December by George Saunders (anything by Saunders, his short story "Escape From Spiderhead" is the best short story ever written as far as I'm concerned, makes me cry every time.)

A tie between the Harry Potter series and the Lord of the Rings trilogy <3

OH MAN, but I can't forget to mention my favorite living novelist...so I'll add Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.

โ€œBeyond the edge of the world, thereโ€™s a space where emptiness and substance neatly overlap, where past and future form a continuous, endless loop. And, hovering about, there are signs no one has ever read, chords no one has ever heard.โ€โ€• Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Harry Potter and LOTR are both such iconic series, i love each of them equally too ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourites! ๐Ÿ’›

jenniroyve October 8th, 2022

One of my favorite books is โ€˜ Not your perfect Mexican daughterโ€™ itโ€™s an easy read book and it truly portrays a Mexican girl and it deals with acceptance, grief and mental health( which isnโ€™t talked enough about in the Latin community!

ohwhattodo42 October 9th, 2022

@jenniroyve

been wanting to read this one, so I'm glad to hear it comes recommended. Erika Sรกnchez's memoir Crying in the Bathroom is quite impactful as well.

SmilySmile October 8th, 2022

@ItzLeo i would say its 4HOUR WORKWEEK and ATTACHED. Both are some of the best in their respective field.

I didnt hear of these before, but i am interested to learn more about them both now ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite books!

Bean007 October 8th, 2022

I read "Feminism is for Everybody" and it totally changed my in-depth level perspective of what feminism is.

Currently reading Norwegian Wood- "Haruki Murakami".

Both are good book reccommendations, and i am happy to hear that they provided insight into your knowledge ๐Ÿ˜Š I wonder if you finished reading Haruki Murakami by now. Thank you for sharing your favourite books! ๐Ÿ’—

Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall October 8th, 2022

1984 by George Orwell, No longer human by Ozamu Dazai and Howls Moving Castle, its funny that the last one has a whole different vibe to the other two lol)

These are an amazing range of different books, and written by some great authors as well. I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli, and i love Howl's Moving Castle too! ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite books ๐Ÿ’—

Comphi October 8th, 2022

@ItzLeo

I used to read a lot once.....

So, two of my favorite books are.....

A Strangeness in My Mind by Orhan Pamuk

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Both Authors are Nobel Prize winners in Literature...

helpfulTurtle6349 October 9th, 2022

@PoliteForLife

Never let me go is an excellent book

avidreader81 October 8th, 2022

My fav one that I still think about to this day

Gothikana by Runyx ๐Ÿฅฐ

It sounds like this book had a huge impact on you, which is nice to hear ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing about it! ๐Ÿ’—

HarvestMoonFan October 9th, 2022

My ultimate favorite book is the King James Bible, other than that I really like The Giver.

Thats lovely to hear, i will have to look more into 'The Giver' soon ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite books! ๐Ÿงก

kazuhalover69 October 9th, 2022

i really enjoyed between shades of gray by Ruta (no its not part of the 50 shades of gray thing.) I really enjoyed that book and recommend it to anyone.

Ohh that is a lovely book, i have read it before and i liked it too๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for sharing your favourite book! ๐Ÿงก