Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Shining with Sun

February 7th, 2022

Interviewee: @sunisshiningandsoareyou

AlM_6bdiG3jdLiGhhjsBpvA6h00SgWf7BGszP3Eu22zI8-fcX8O271hzEf-gdKIFqpnjjoNF-2TYwURXlRUv4vbjVU7NdDXKvxTG_VXiHWSJVS7mDZuI5S6RXpvycrn-aFoUiphu

Many of us on cups have been blessed by the sunshine of our sun! They are one of the most humble, kind and adorable creature on the 7cups Planet. They can literally be called sun of cups, given the warmth they so generously shower on us, in forums, in chatrooms, and I am sure in pms to many too!

How were your initial days on 7 cups like?

Sun: Ooof initial days, been a while hehe! My initial days were like any other new listener's I think, where I had many different kinds of chats, members, good and bad experiences etc. For a good amount of time, I didn't know the world outside PMland lol, it was astonishing and still is to see just how huge this place is and how much 7 cups has to offer to us. I'd like to address myself as a forever newbie though, it's just easier and better that way, to always leave a certain room open for exploring, learning and growing!

What change do you see in yourself as the result of your stay on cups?

Sun: I do feel like an overall better person as a result of my stay in cups. I'd say, each interaction here, everyone I've met here has left an impact, it's fascinating to learn different things from different people (sometimes even when they are not "actively" teaching stuff). To pick a specific one though, I'd say, I've never thought about self care or even used that word as much as we all use, talk about and value in 7 cups. It's a good reminder for me being here, how important self care really is and how I should continually make it a priority (or at least try to xD).

What is something you’d like to learn more about?

Sun: I'm open to learning everything that's around to learn and grasp, and maybe even, to share with others, on a later date. But something that I'd like to make as a forever favorite subject is "balance". For me, it's a diverse word with many different meanings and attachments. My focus is to learn the art of balancing between on and off cups, self care and hustle (for the lack of a better word at the moment).

What is one challenge you’ve faced and what progress have you made in conquering that challenge?

Sun: Ahhh difficult question lol, challenge is part of this learning process hehe, balance in itself is a whole different challenge, it gets difficult to sometimes establish boundaries and to implement what I know should be implemented. So something that I've been working on is better prioritizing things, establishing and affirming my boundaries (personal and those with other factors involved).

I'd say, my goal is something neither short term nor long term, it's what I see as a "continual" goal, that will always have to stay close and worked upon efficiently/ without a miss, to make my experience as fruitful and satisfying in every possible way, and it has been going alright thus far, I think! *self pats*

When not at cups, what do you like doing the most?

Sun: Good question for someone who's mostly at cups xD *remembers balance*

I am a simple sun hehe, I like to take naps, listen to music, watch something fun and lighthearted, take walks etc, anything that makes me feel good and relaxed!

What’s something you’d like to work on for the rest of your life?

Sun: Myself, in every way possible, be it physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally!

“The best project you’ll ever work on is you.”

— Sonny Franco

What are the top 5 things good for your mental well being?

Sun: That's a great question, it gave me a chance to reflect also! Okay so I feel, 5 things are:

Alone time/ me time, it helps me recharge lol

Being around loved ones

Being around people who have a certain positive vibe, they uplift me and bring the best in me

Traveling, exploring and learning new things

Musicccc, other forms of art and media and,

Special mention to Pizza :P

Sun, you care for us a lot, carry a lot of warmth for us, and this community wishes the same warmth for yourself. Keep shining!

Living with Leaders Tag-list: @rrretsuko @Smilingfuture @blindHeart12 @HealingTalk

If you want to be added to this list, let me know @fristo

This interview is part of the Living with Leaders Interview Series. Learn about the series here

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 8th, 2022

@HealingBrokenWIngs

Hey hey Wings, good to see you! Thankyouuu for taking the time to read the interview, I'm glad you found it insightful! ❤️

MsVee2021 February 9th, 2022

I started 7 cups in April of 2021. It initially started as a class project while I was obtaining my bachelor of science degree in behavioral health science. Even after the class was over I decided I wanted to stay with this site. Being able to give sunshine to someone who is being challenged, feels lonely, or feel that they no longer want to be on this Earth truly helps me to put myself in that person's place. I would want someone who was understanding and compassionate.

My first few days I was very nervous. I didn't want to say the wrong thing and I didn't want someone to leave our conversation feeling worse than they did when we started. After about a week I became comfortable and I like the fact that there are notes flashed while you are listening to a member. These notes really helped me to stay on the right track and to encourage me to be a better listener.

rubyjane00 February 9th, 2022

Hello fellow human beans

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 25th, 2022

Hey there @rubyjane00 ❤

VaryingCloud February 11th, 2022

Thank you @Fristo for such an apt and wonderful intro about our ‘Sun of Cups’.❤️ Thoughtful and lovely questions too as always!😊

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Shinieee Sunnieee, it is always such a delight to read whatever you write and the way you write!❤️Something that always makes ‘complete sense’ I’d say, so much so that sometimes it feels part of your very own mind is talking. : p That’s actually your outstanding ability to reflect and to be able to connect with each and everyone around so awesomely well! I loved the ‘forever newbie’ concept for every reason and the talk about self-care is sure to leave a mark too! (Specifically the words in brackets there as they resonated with me the most! xD xD)

Actually, it is difficult to pick and choose the parts that I liked because all your responses are so 'spot on' as usual hehe! But you had me at the mention of ‘continual goal’... Definitely a better way to look at such goals I think, and a take away for me! : ) ❤️

*Specially baked pizzas for you*❤️