Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Cycle

understandingCamp1248 November 18th, 2019

I am in therapy. It has helped my regulation a lot. However I have been splitting recently. Alienating people and withdrawn. My relationships don't seem to be as strong I'd like them to be after I invest. My family does not "believe" in mental illness. So it's a cycle of having to feel guilty I'm don't feel great, hiding it, pretending to be well-adjusted, shaming and being discredited for anything I dont agree with. It's hard because I'm trying to get better. I need support. I dont wanna feel guilty because this feeling exists and I am the way I am. I just want to address it. But instead I have to feel bad because "I handled things differently than other people" people who had it worse. This is my response. I'm so depressed I dont wanna go to work. I dont wanna end up in crisis. I wanna address everything while I'm still functional but I'm taken seriously when I'm in crisis and maybe that's part of the attraction. Anyways, having a bad day. A couple of bad days. Trying to make it through.

November 19th, 2019

Hi there @understandingCamp1248. Thank you for sharing all this with us, I am really proud of you for doing this. I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day (or a few bad days), and I honestly think you are doing your best at dealing with it. You show a very good awareness of your emotions, feelings and thoughts. It is sad when we do not receive support from those who are near us. I understand how difficult it would be having your family not on your side and having to pretending all the time to be different.

I very much agree with you and I would like to validate this for you, if you let me... you should never feel guilty for who you are and for the feelings you have.

I hope we will be able to make you feel supported here

understandingCamp1248 OP November 19th, 2019

@admaiorasemper Thanks

November 19th, 2019

@understandingCamp1248 you are very welcome!