Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It's not getting better

Luca222 July 24th, 2021

I was diagnosed with bpd quite young, at 15 to be exact, now i tured 18 this week and im so frustrated. Ive been trying so hard to get better, i did dbt again and again, i basically stopped self harming and i graduated. But how I'm back in the psych ward and i just don't feel like I'm moving forward. It always feels like one step forward, 50 steps back. Im exhausted and alone and i don't know how much fight I have left in me.
Is there anything that really helped you guys make progress?

RarelyCharlie July 24th, 2021

@Luca222 I'm not an expert on this, but I know that many DBT treatments are not real DBT. They're a kind of DBT-lite that doesn't go all the way. This means one thing to explore with your psychiatrist, maybe, is whether you've ever really had full-strength intensive DBT.

And another thing maybe worth exploring is that DBT isn't the only treatment. I've heard there are a couple of other approaches, and it's possible one of them might work better for you.

If you'd ever like to chat about your situation, just click on my profile picture and message me.

Charlie

Luca222 OP July 24th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie
yeah i probably only ever got the light version of everything bc i was a teen, i know there's a really good bpd clinic in my town for adults but the treatment is three months and id lose my home if i was gone for so long :/
but you're right i should talk to my therapist about different treatments bc this obviously isn't working