Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

BPD Self Regulation Clinic

Disabledfemme October 5th, 2015

Hello all!! I've been accepted to a self-regulation clinic for BPD and my intake will be in November :)

The clinic description is as follows: "The Borderline Personality Self-Regulation Clinic Serves individuals, 18 years of age and older, who have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and are experiencing difficulties managing their symptoms using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). The goals of this 1 year, twice weekly program includes: reducing symptomatology, maladaptive behaviours, and current psychological distress associated with BPD, decreasing frequency of admissions to in-patient units and ER visits, decreasing length of stay in in-patient services, increasing coping skills, and improving quality of life for individuals who have been diagnosed with having BPD.

Clinic services include:

Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Standard Program
Step-down phase support
After-care support
Individual, couple and family counselling
Intensive group therapy "

has anyone been through anything similar?

SpaghettiOak37 October 5th, 2015

The new treatments for Borderline are a real improvement on the old ones. I believe, in this day and age, that improved treatment will help the large amount of people with BPD see more results.

Just take the center with a grain of salt, while staying hopeful. You can do it.

Lee October 5th, 2015

@SpaghettiOak37

I love your positivity, and your knowledge on the subject. Thank you for sharing how you feel, and I really hope things are well with you.

Love,

Lee.

Lee October 5th, 2015

Hey @Disabledfemme,

Wow! Congratulations on your acceptance into the program! I think that's absolutely amazing and I am so excited for you to have this opportunity.

I have familiarity with similar programs, and can tell you that DBT was an amazing resource for me to have. I hope that it serves you well, and you achieve everything you want to achieve and more!

Love,

Lee.

blitheSun94 November 17th, 2015

This sounds amazing. Best of luck to you on your way. I am jealous! I just had to re-book my first therapy appointment in ten years.

JessicaJS December 2nd, 2015

That sounds like a really great opportunity - I truly hope you find it helpful. Let us know how it goes if you would like to!

(a){var b=document.getElementById('$th_texthelpReturnValueID');b!=null&&(b.setAttribute('result',a),a=document.createEvent('Events'),a.initEvent('$th_texthelpReturnEvent',!0,!1),b.dispatchEvent(a))}; (aData){$th_doReturn(aData);};