Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chatroom Moderators' Growth Path: Ideas & Feedback

ASilentObserver April 2nd, 2021

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well.

As you might know, we introduced Custom Growth Paths in February 2021. Admins, Ambassadors, and SubCom leaders are working on creating custom growth paths on different topics. And, I was thinking maybe we would like to create Group Support Chat rooms focused on custom growth paths for Chatroom Moderators, Room Supporters, Members, and Listeners. So, I open this thread for a discussion on what kind of growth paths you may find helpful and what growth paths we can create.

I invite you to help me create good growth paths in this category. Because you know the needs, demands, support, guidance that a chatroom moderator might need. It would be great to team up where we collectively share what has helped us learn, understand, how to become effective chatroom moderators.

These can be personal experiences, things people have said to us, or ideas we have come across, talks or short videos we have found on YouTube, images that we find helpful, etc.

Please share your one or all thoughts and we could all individually create at least one step and that will be included in the Moderator Growth Path. Every thought, idea, the suggestion would count to create a helpful growth path I am looking forward to hearing from you all about it. Let's do this!!

Tagging Chatroom Moderators
@kieran000 @CommunityModAlex @CommunityModJennie @CommunityModElliot @amiablePeace77 @CommunityModAnne @emmaishereforyou88 @CommunityModCharlie @CommunityModRobin @soulsings @Asherwolfice @ASilentObserver @Gozzil @LuLuRings @vivelespatates @AlwaysEli @LoveLilly @CheeryMango @blitheEmbrace27 @AnnaTess @CommunityModEllie @azuladragon34 @PeaceLoveandPaws @caringPanda45 @competentParadise6344 @CommunityModParker @Clara139175 @DreamTouch @musicalHarmony @CommunityModMorgan @gentleSun78 @DonaldDraper @CommunityModLynn @CompassionateDreamer8522 @kindSoul10 @KateDoskocilova @compassionateTree4567 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @WeedyGarden @Isentropic @CommunityModSage @ColorfuldogsofParadise @leafycup @cuteOrange213 @BlindGrapefruit @hopedreamlove @enchantedlove @shiningSky3745 @Mimi @SuryanshSingh @SummerBreeze00 @Erica @PoliteOcean @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @Amy @Azalea98 @Mankka @brilliantTurtle89 @Jenna @Listeningsarinn @pamharley003 @JessHobson @VerseArt @KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC @rhlvrma94 @SoulfullyAButterfly @glowingHeart4796 @RumpleSteeleSkin @Sher217 @rachsxo @Anusha @crystalclearnow @starryskies108 @bouncyVoice4149 @Ines1229 @RebekahRoyal @CaringBrit @bookworm4 @Samar27 @River

KatePersephone April 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver thanks for the information on this! i believe we could create a step as a refreshment for some of the modding rules / muting rules :)

ASilentObserver OP April 2nd, 2021

@KateDoskocilova Sounds like a great idea Kate. Would you like to share more on this? what rules you have in mind?

KatePersephone April 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver some rules like when in what situations to mute somebody, or to choose the correct reason for each time they mute/mod someone as a refreshment

April 2nd, 2021

We could consider growth paths in areas such as: Social anxiety - lots of people struggle with that, so we can help them open up about what they are going through and find motivation to interact with wide range of people. I found some refuse to share about their personal issues because they think it’s not important enough or cause others to feel distressed. Abuse - it’s a delicate topic for many and sometimes it’s hard for some to open about their experiences and sometimes they don’t know where to get support. How about creating a safe and welcome space for them to feel like they aren’t alone and they are others who can relate too. Anger management - how to more effectively manage negative emotions and feelings. Place to vent and express yourself. Effective communication skills - important to know how to communicate your ideas feelings and points across in a way that others can better understand and feel more supported Personal development - helps to focus on our strength and our value as an individual Healthy lifestyle - diet exercise sleeping habits etc Healthy relationships - support each other through tough challenging times and learn together how we can become better partners. Addictions of any sort (games, alcohol, spending) Financing and budgeting - money management (financial difficulty during lockdown and for people out of jobs) Self care - provide and share tips then put to practise. Come back together at the end of the week and talk about the changes made and outcome after practising self-care on 7 cups and outside 7cups. Discuss new ideas and plan as and if needed to successfully continue on practising self-care and making it our priority. Use quiz questionnaire or regular discussions on the topic and keep each other up to date on the progress we all make each week. I hope you all find this somewhat helpful. Thanks.

April 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver We often used to get parts of training guides in between the growth paths.

If we create a guide for Mods (with each rule on a different page with explanation and mcqs at the bottom of every page)

Those pages could become the growth path for Mods.

It will be very technical, I know. But that's the first thing that came to mind

TortueDesBois April 3rd, 2021

@ASilentObserver again a perfect example of how this site is "created and designed BY LISTENERS", and how you seek to consult LISTENERS, to adapt a content for members. why MEMBERS are not consulted? why you dont bring back the mega member role? or take members in leadership roles who completed the compassion course or some trainings?