Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Parenting & Pregnancy

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Parenting & Pregnancy Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
July 5th
...See more Welcome to the Parenting & Pregnancy Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply to this thread and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 12th July 2024 (updated by @Misty) @KindCatEars @Iyyana @MistyMagic @tommy @Truth22
Come and Check-in For All!
by MistyMagic
Last post
June 20th
...See more I am posting this on a Frijayyyyyy! The start of the weekend when many people are thinking of relaxing and having a lie-in but for many of us the weekend routine is not really that different from the weekdays. So I have found some tips and tricks for you all Pregnancy Tips1. Rest and Relaxation * Nap Time: Take short naps to boost your energy levels. * Prenatal Yoga: Try prenatal yoga or gentle stretching exercises to relax your body and mind. 2. Healthy Eating * Meal Prep: Prepare healthy meals and snacks ahead of time to ensure you’re getting the nutrients you need. * Hydration: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. 3. Pampering Yourself * Massage: Consider a prenatal massage to relieve aches and pains. * Bath Time: Enjoy a warm (not hot) bath to soothe sore muscles. 4. Bonding with Your Baby * Talk to Your Baby: Spend a few minutes talking or singing to your baby bump. * Reading: Start reading baby books to get into the parenting mindset. * Play music: (not too loud and no concerts yet lol!) 5. Education and Preparation * Prenatal Classes: Sign up for online prenatal classes to learn about childbirth and baby care. * Nursery Setup: Use the weekend to organize the nursery and ensure everything is ready for the baby’s arrival. Parenting Tips1. Quality Time * Family Activities: Plan activities that everyone can enjoy, like a trip to the park, a picnic, or a family game night. * Reading Time: Spend time reading with your baby or children to promote literacy and bonding. 2. Routine and Structure * Consistent Schedule: Try to keep a consistent schedule for meals, naps, and bedtime to provide a sense of security. * Chore Time: Involve kids in age-appropriate chores to teach responsibility. 3. Outdoor Fun * Nature Walks: Go for a nature walk or hike to explore the outdoors and get some fresh air. * Sports and Games: Play sports or engage in physical activities to burn off energy. * Garden play: Show them gardening and grow from seeds. 4. Creative Activities * Craft Projects: Set up a craft station with supplies for drawing, painting, or building. * Baking Together: Bake some simple treats like cookies or cupcakes with your kids. * Pizza Making!: Never too young to start on healthy pizza making, get them to arrange their own toppings from healthy vegetables. 5. Parent Self-Care * Relaxation: Make sure to set aside some time for yourself, whether it’s reading a book, taking a bath, or enjoying a hobby. * Date Night: If possible, arrange a date night with your partner to reconnect and recharge. General Tips for Both1. Plan Ahead * Make a To-Do List: Write down the activities you want to accomplish over the weekend to stay organized. * Flexible Planning: Be flexible with your plans and open to spontaneous activities. 2. Social Connections * Playdates: Arrange playdates with other families to provide social interaction for both kids and parents. * Support Groups: Join a parenting or pregnancy support group to share experiences and advice. 3. Mindfulness and Mental Health * Meditation: Practice mindfulness or meditation to reduce stress and stay present. * Journaling: Keep a journal to document your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. By incorporating these tips, you can have a balanced and enjoyable weekend whether you’re expecting a baby or already parenting. So now it's your turn. Please introduce yourself so we can all get to know each other. Pick out a few tips that you do already or that you may start to use. How are you feeling this week?
Parenting Hacks
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
June 11th
...See more What are your favorite parenting tips/hacks?
Expecting a Bundle of Joy? Introduce Yourself!
by Truth22
Last post
September 5th
...See more Are You Expecting? Congratulations! Introduce yourself here! Feel free to add the following: - Your Due Date - Whether you're having a boy or girl or leaving the gender a secret
Understanding Periods, Ovulation Tracking, and Conceiving: A Guide to Planning Pregnancy
by Icecreamsoul
Last post
August 26th
...See more Writing this to help members asking for queries of conceiving....  Note: this article helps to understand basic information only for educational purpose  for more information you need to reach out to your medical consultant!  Auditors can edit if found any tough words Here you go.... ! Planning a pregnancy involves understanding your menstrual cycle, tracking ovulation, and knowing the best times to conceive. Here’s a concise guide to help you navigate these essential aspects. Menstrual Cycle The menstrual cycle is a monthly process that prepares the female body for pregnancy. It typically lasts between 21 to 35 days, with an average of 28 days. The cycle begins on the first day of your period (menstrual bleeding) and ends the day before your next period starts. Understanding your cycle is crucial for tracking ovulation and planning conception. Ovulation Tracking Ovulation is the release of an egg from the ovary, usually occurring around the midpoint of your menstrual cycle. Tracking ovulation helps identify your most fertile days, increasing the chances of conception. Here are some methods to track ovulation: • Calendar Method: Track your menstrual cycle on a calendar. Ovulation typically occurs about 14 days before your next period. • Basal Body Temperature (BBT): Measure your body temperature daily. A slight increase in BBT indicates ovulation. • Cervical Mucus: Observe changes in cervical mucus. It becomes clearer, thinner, and more slippery around ovulation. • Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs): These kits detect the surge in luteinizing hormone (LH) that occurs before ovulation1. Conceiving To maximize your chances of conceiving, have intercourse during your fertile window, which spans a few days before and after ovulation. Here are some tips: • Timing: Engage in regular intercourse during your fertile window. • Healthy Lifestyle: Maintain a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. • Prenatal Vitamins: Start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid at least one month before trying to conceive2. • Medical Advice: Consult with a healthcare provider for personalized advice and to address any underlying health issues. Understanding your menstrual cycle, tracking ovulation, and timing intercourse can significantly enhance your chances of conceiving. By staying informed and proactive, you can better plan for a healthy pregnancy. 1: What to Expect - Ovulation Calculator 2: BabyCenter - Ovulation Calculator If you have any specific questions or need further assistance talk to your medical consultant. 
The weight of pregnancy
by CallMeRachel4
Last post
July 27th
...See more I am scared to be a single mom. My sweet girl will come in September. My body is so weird. I have back pain. My feet are swollen and my arms are fat. My belly isn't pretty. i have no money. I go to college by scholarship and I am financially supported by my father. Recently he hasn't care too much about me just so we can prioritize the baby. He's helping me buy things for the baby - and baby daddy's mom too. I'm selling books and jewels to have money for myself, for skin care or going to the movies. Things to relax. Father will no longer pay for my heath insurance after the baby so he can pay for the baby's insurance. So I cannot get sick. Baby daddy's mom will stay with the baby sometimes during my classes so me and the father can go to college in peace. But sometimes we're gonna have to bring the baby with us bc she is a nurse and works all night once and a while. My breasts are huge and my nose is swollen. I'm not liking my body. I am just looking foward to meet my baby and not worry so much. It's gonna be so hard. #pregnancy #family
pregnant at 14
by tealPapaya5453
Last post
July 10th
...See more hi, im 30 weeks pregnant and im 14. i got beaten up the other day in the street, i had an operation to save the baby and now im home again. im really scared for labour and delivering the baby. im not allowed a csection or pain relief because im too young. my doctor said im probably going to be in labour for around 30 hours. does anyone have any advice on delivering a baby or teenage pregnancy?
Update
by romasgirl
Last post
June 5th
...See more in my last post I mentioned I was 4 1/2 monthes pregnant, I am 5 monthes and the triplets are doing well, we found out its 2 girls and 1 boy, I am so very happy and so is my girlfriend, I will update you all every 15 days until my due date I love you all thank you all for the support and love you have shown to me as a young mom, I have been pushing through being 17 and pregnant, I have been doing virtual school to help and if you have any recomendations for helping with cravings I would really appreciate it
I need advice
by romasgirl
Last post
June 5th
...See more I am 4 and 1/2 months pregnant and I live with the guy who got me pregnant, I ran away, and here's the thing I am lesbian and I got drunk and you know the rest of it, and the father knows I am lesbian and I don't know how to tell my mom I'm going to have triplets, I am already struggling enough, but the father has agreed to help me through it all and pay for everything, I am very round, I have no names yet, but I know its going to be 2 girls and a boy, I am only 16 and he is 15, his family supports us and knows. I am very nervous, the father has agreed to pay all expenses, his family comes with wealth and said they are willing to do anything to support me, my ex girlfriend found out and wants me back and she wants to be the mom too, and fathers family said they will only support us as long as they get to see the triplets but here's the hard thing, my mom is very verbally abusive and I don't know how to tell her, I have not seen her in 4 monthes, she is very homophobic and she is against teen pregnancy and I'm scared and I dont want to tell her but the fathers family said they will come along so I need advice... Do I just drive to my moms house and tell her, or do I bring the father family and we discuss it over dinner?
15 and 34 weeks pregnant
by Patienceiscool
Last post
June 5th
...See more Hi my name is Patience and i am having a hard time as a teen who has autism, Anxiety, depression, and ADHD, Social anxiety etc finding it hard to know where I stand at its hard I don't really know what to do..
19 and Pregnant
by funnyPapaya3568
Last post
June 5th
...See more I found out I was pregnant two weeks ago.  In these two weeks I have been back and forth between abortion and keeping my baby. I have always wanted to be a mother, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. My partner is supportive and plans to support me, but I have a hard time putting all my trust in him that he will take care of me.  I live with my father currently and he supports me financially, and once he finds out I'm pregnant I believe he will kick me out. Any advice from other young moms?
Why
by El2002snow
Last post
June 5th
...See more Why is pregnancy so hard?
Pregnant
by El2002snow
Last post
June 5th
...See more I'm a 21 year old college student, and I'm pregnant. What do I do?
Early miscarriage
by Prettypaws8618
Last post
June 5th
...See more I had a very early miscarriage, I'm just looking for some support, and answers.
Pregnant and scared
by worthlessfelix
Last post
June 5th
...See more Please excuse me as this is my first time on this app (or seeking any help since I was a kid) but I didn’t have anywhere else to turn. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and lately I’ve been dealing with extreme depression and anxiety about the new baby and my 2 year old son that it I can’t really handle it anymore. I talked to my husband about it and he recommended this app to me. I’m scared that if I seek help with my mental health that the doctors would try to get cps involved and they might try to take my son and unborn baby. Idk what to do, but I know I need help. What do I do?

Parenting and Pregnancy Support

Welcome to the Pregnancy and Parenting Support! We are so pleased you have stumbled across our little internet corner. Our community is here to support you through your parenting and pregnancy journey. From pregnancy woes and wins, milestones with your little ones, resources, general support, offering personal experiences, and more! Feel free to discuss anything and everything related to the life that is raising a child, growing a child, supporting someone who is growing and or raising a child, or co-parenting while raising a child. 

What are the different forum topics for Parenting and Pregnancy?

Community Space: A place to introduce yourself and participate in our community check-ins, games, and more!

CoParenting: A place to connect with others in a co-parenting arrangement, share your story, and support others!

Parenting: A place to receive support, ask questions, and start and participate in discussions regarding the parenting journey!

Pregnancy: Want to share your pregnancy experience? Have questions and want to hear the experiences of others? Discuss it here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Parenting and Pregnancy FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Guidelines

1. Include a trigger warning (TW) when referencing sensitive topics such as miscarriages, death, abortion, etc.

2. Respect the views of other members within the sub-community. Parenting is not easy and is often done differently from person to person.

3. Do not attempt to diagnose another member's child. You may share your experience with your child with the same or similar symptoms and the outcome, but diagnosing should be left to a medical professional. 

Not Helpful: “[I think] Your child has [xxx].

Helpful: “My child had/has symptoms [xxx] and [xxx] and was/is diagnosed with [xxx]; you might consider taking your child to a medical professional to rule this out.”

Community Resources