Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Parenting & Pregnancy

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Parenting & Pregnancy Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
July 5th
...See more Welcome to the Parenting & Pregnancy Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply to this thread and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 12th July 2024 (updated by @Misty) @KindCatEars @Iyyana @MistyMagic @tommy @Truth22
Come and Check-in For All!
by MistyMagic
Last post
June 20th
...See more I am posting this on a Frijayyyyyy! The start of the weekend when many people are thinking of relaxing and having a lie-in but for many of us the weekend routine is not really that different from the weekdays. So I have found some tips and tricks for you all Pregnancy Tips1. Rest and Relaxation * Nap Time: Take short naps to boost your energy levels. * Prenatal Yoga: Try prenatal yoga or gentle stretching exercises to relax your body and mind. 2. Healthy Eating * Meal Prep: Prepare healthy meals and snacks ahead of time to ensure you’re getting the nutrients you need. * Hydration: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. 3. Pampering Yourself * Massage: Consider a prenatal massage to relieve aches and pains. * Bath Time: Enjoy a warm (not hot) bath to soothe sore muscles. 4. Bonding with Your Baby * Talk to Your Baby: Spend a few minutes talking or singing to your baby bump. * Reading: Start reading baby books to get into the parenting mindset. * Play music: (not too loud and no concerts yet lol!) 5. Education and Preparation * Prenatal Classes: Sign up for online prenatal classes to learn about childbirth and baby care. * Nursery Setup: Use the weekend to organize the nursery and ensure everything is ready for the baby’s arrival. Parenting Tips1. Quality Time * Family Activities: Plan activities that everyone can enjoy, like a trip to the park, a picnic, or a family game night. * Reading Time: Spend time reading with your baby or children to promote literacy and bonding. 2. Routine and Structure * Consistent Schedule: Try to keep a consistent schedule for meals, naps, and bedtime to provide a sense of security. * Chore Time: Involve kids in age-appropriate chores to teach responsibility. 3. Outdoor Fun * Nature Walks: Go for a nature walk or hike to explore the outdoors and get some fresh air. * Sports and Games: Play sports or engage in physical activities to burn off energy. * Garden play: Show them gardening and grow from seeds. 4. Creative Activities * Craft Projects: Set up a craft station with supplies for drawing, painting, or building. * Baking Together: Bake some simple treats like cookies or cupcakes with your kids. * Pizza Making!: Never too young to start on healthy pizza making, get them to arrange their own toppings from healthy vegetables. 5. Parent Self-Care * Relaxation: Make sure to set aside some time for yourself, whether it’s reading a book, taking a bath, or enjoying a hobby. * Date Night: If possible, arrange a date night with your partner to reconnect and recharge. General Tips for Both1. Plan Ahead * Make a To-Do List: Write down the activities you want to accomplish over the weekend to stay organized. * Flexible Planning: Be flexible with your plans and open to spontaneous activities. 2. Social Connections * Playdates: Arrange playdates with other families to provide social interaction for both kids and parents. * Support Groups: Join a parenting or pregnancy support group to share experiences and advice. 3. Mindfulness and Mental Health * Meditation: Practice mindfulness or meditation to reduce stress and stay present. * Journaling: Keep a journal to document your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. By incorporating these tips, you can have a balanced and enjoyable weekend whether you’re expecting a baby or already parenting. So now it's your turn. Please introduce yourself so we can all get to know each other. Pick out a few tips that you do already or that you may start to use. How are you feeling this week?
Parenting Hacks
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
June 11th
...See more What are your favorite parenting tips/hacks?

Parenting and Pregnancy Support

Welcome to the Pregnancy and Parenting Support! We are so pleased you have stumbled across our little internet corner. Our community is here to support you through your parenting and pregnancy journey. From pregnancy woes and wins, milestones with your little ones, resources, general support, offering personal experiences, and more! Feel free to discuss anything and everything related to the life that is raising a child, growing a child, supporting someone who is growing and or raising a child, or co-parenting while raising a child. 

What are the different forum topics for Parenting and Pregnancy?

Community Space: A place to introduce yourself and participate in our community check-ins, games, and more!

CoParenting: A place to connect with others in a co-parenting arrangement, share your story, and support others!

Parenting: A place to receive support, ask questions, and start and participate in discussions regarding the parenting journey!

Pregnancy: Want to share your pregnancy experience? Have questions and want to hear the experiences of others? Discuss it here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Parenting and Pregnancy FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Guidelines

1. Include a trigger warning (TW) when referencing sensitive topics such as miscarriages, death, abortion, etc.

2. Respect the views of other members within the sub-community. Parenting is not easy and is often done differently from person to person.

3. Do not attempt to diagnose another member's child. You may share your experience with your child with the same or similar symptoms and the outcome, but diagnosing should be left to a medical professional. 

Not Helpful: “[I think] Your child has [xxx].

Helpful: “My child had/has symptoms [xxx] and [xxx] and was/is diagnosed with [xxx]; you might consider taking your child to a medical professional to rule this out.”

Community Resources