Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

safeandsoundta April 5th, 2016

"If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all." -John Green

"If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain." -Dolly Parton

"Go confidently in the directon of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect." -Demi Lovato

These are my top four favorite quotes. They're inspiring, positive reminders by some truly incredible people! :)

safeandsoundta April 5th, 2016

@safeandsoundta I forgot one! "Hope is so much stronger than fear." -from the song Battle Scars by Paradise Fears

SincerelyJulesx April 8th, 2016

@safeandsoundta I have the Henry David Thoreau one on my bedroom wall opposite my bed. It's the last thing I look at before I go to sleep and the first thing I look at when I wake up. smiley

safeandsoundta April 8th, 2016

@SincerelyJulesx That's so awesome and inspiring! I had that quote on a coffee mug until it broke :/

inventiveKite540 April 5th, 2016

Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.

Henry Thoreau

MrsTunechi April 5th, 2016

The hardest thing will ever have to do, is let go of something we thought was real. 💔

courageousComfort70 April 6th, 2016

Don't get too caught up in making money or having a job, get excited about the fact that you can design your life.

- Darren L. Johnson

casicanhelp April 7th, 2016

"Create things that will silence the world.. Don't just create noise. There's already too much noise."

Birdwatching April 7th, 2016

If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you , it was always yours ,if not it never was.

Montiebella April 7th, 2016

For all those with insecurities <3 (mine is my chronic illness)

"Nothing is more beautiful and attractive than someone who we think has reasons to not be confident, yet is still unstoppable"

TalkToChance April 8th, 2016

Life gets better but you have to stick around long enough to see it 💕

Ely277 April 8th, 2016

I will survive

going to survive

still surviving

forever a warrior !

Nothing can't stop me

thesilverlining April 8th, 2016

Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

IsSad April 11th, 2016

@thesilverlining

this quote strikes me the most... pls allow me to post it in my fb.. tnx

GentleAngel10 April 8th, 2016

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs. heart

Ryanallester April 9th, 2016

@GentleAngel10 sometimes it's not stairs but a rope you have to climb or even a cable line you have to cross. Point is - it's never easy to get to success. Good luck on your journey.

emmax7 April 8th, 2016

Things will get better in time

@emmax7 sure they do! But they get worse again... And then we go back to that stage of anticipating for them to get better. It goes on and on.

TalkToChance April 8th, 2016

The outcomes are always better for things we worked our butt off doing. wink

Imusic4lifeI April 8th, 2016

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

April 8th, 2016

Every end is a new beginning :)

@EclipseAria "Every new beginnings come from some other beginning's end."

backtolife April 8th, 2016

I'm suffering! :(
its been 6 months since the breakup, and I'm still thinking about her, she's just stuck in my head, thinking about her became something that I think it's innate! At times I think I'm obsessed! I'm sure!
Now I'm surely better than the first months but I'm afraid, they say that scientists says that we get over a love withing 7 months , so I still have only 1 months, I'm afraid what if this months will pass without taking her love from my heart :(
i see her everyday, and I hate her , I hate her as much as loved her and maybe more, but the love I have for her could never let me hurt her back, I can't see her getting hurt despite the fact that she literary destroyed my life!
She knew I had a heart failure but she never cared about me going through sever depression, I can't count the nights I ended up in hospital because if her. She never cared, she was just growing more cruel ! It scares me , it freaks me out! Her inner darkness and cruelty, she has no mercy
she knew I fails in fall semester because of depression, I abandoned my studies and almost every aspect of my life
She never cared. It shocks me that she doesn't care, her merciless shockes me! And my mind just can't accept it, how can someone be that much of a bad person?
I can't wait for the day I'm finally completely over her
MismatchedMittens April 9th, 2016

@backtolife hey there bud. I know I know... you sound so very sad and distressed about everything. You must be so shocked that someone you had never thought would do this to you. You need to give yourself time. And whether scientists say what ever.... I feel everyone grieves at different paces. So don't over think regarding this. So let yourself grieve...let your heart cry...bring all the sadness out of your system. I think...you need closure from her. Tell me if you've already tried this. Sometimes it helps. Just realising that maybe we two are better off like this.I don't know if you'll approach her again but if you can't then you need to find closure in a differnt way. You sound like you truly care for her. And that's what hurts me the most. The fact that you love her so much even after everything and she has decided to not acknowledge it.... listen.... it's her call.... it's her loss not yours. So don't be guilty... you have nothing to be guilty for. You know what they say about loving someone... set them free and if they come back...they are yours forever. So let her go...and if she comes back...she's all yours. But if she doesn't. .well you have another girl in your life somewhere hiding...she may just surprise you when you least expect it. Ping me if you wanna talk.

"To counter our tendencies to exaggerate and panic, we must meditate on our utter insignificance when measured against aeons of time and space."

🙇💭📜♎🌅🌌

cdname April 9th, 2016

"You have work to do? You can either think about it or you can dance about it." -Kid President

courageousComfort70 April 9th, 2016

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

- Vince Lombardi

Hopefullness April 9th, 2016

Enjoy the the little things,for one day you may look back and realizethey were the big things.☺

sarcasticgirl April 10th, 2016

@Hopefullness enjoying even little moments help us to enjoy life to its fullest :D

Dodan134 April 10th, 2016

@Hopefullness 😃 very inspiring thank you

Hopefullness April 12th, 2016

@Dodan134 Always welcome☺

minipenguin1308 April 9th, 2016

Wrists are for bracelets, not for cutting

- Kellin Quinn

emmax7 April 9th, 2016

Things will get better in time

Birdwatching April 9th, 2016

Embrace the positive, let it fill you up, then there's no room for what brings you down

kittie3 April 10th, 2016

Today I close the door to the past, open the door to the future, take a deep breath and step on through and start a new chapter in my life !!! Amen 🙏

courageousComfort70 April 10th, 2016

I don't go around regretting things that dont happen.

- Virgil Thomson

SymbolofHope April 10th, 2016

Positivity creates hope. Negativity gives you a reason to hope. Though storms are temporary, our hearts are forever. Hope is what makes us so unique. We are the only things that are made to have it. So hope today. For a greater tommorow🙂

CaringJoy April 11th, 2016

"If we believe we can do it we're halfway there..." smiley

courageousComfort70 April 11th, 2016

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

- Charles R. Swindoll

CoraCoraline April 11th, 2016

🙂Courage is not the absence of fear but the inner strength to feel the fear and do what needs to be done anyway." Nancy Bardacke 🤗