Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

oneofakind February 6th, 2016

@MeteorShower that's what I've been doing

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@MeteorShower what got my heart beating was fear and violence and being stalked and being in harms way alone and standing alone its talking to someone over the phone the challenging part was i wasnt able to talk to my dad i only had my dad and he never helped me and my mom is dead and gone i like your post and message and what you said its intrests me it helps me thank you

CaringJoy February 6th, 2016

Simply grateful-coffee

CaringJoy February 7th, 2016

"Let's try not to let our pain and struggle push away those who love us and want to support us."

Image result for centerpieces

Let's avoid isolation...

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@CaringJoy thats what i want to avoid isolation i dont like being isolated from others its from my friend in mexico her name is reyna and also i feel so isolated my family doesnt pick up my call the only ones who are not isolated not away from me are my friends and my favorite aunt sheyla

Versatchy February 8th, 2016

Everyday you look back and realize it is a day you thought would never come.

CaringJoy February 8th, 2016

such a divine word..:

Steelymic February 8th, 2016

Positive doodles! Find them on Facebook

February 9th, 2016

ItsPreeti February 9th, 2016

Ors February 10th, 2016

In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order. - Carl Jung

OfTheSpotlessMind February 10th, 2016

There are no perfect people in this world, ... only perfect intentions.

February 10th, 2016

CaringJoy February 10th, 2016

Don't settle for less because you deserve better than that...

8steplisten February 11th, 2016

Don't tell people how to cope. Listen. Let them talk about how they're coping.

cuddlyHugs123 February 12th, 2016

@8steplisten I cannot agree with this enough! So true!

8steplisten February 13th, 2016

@cuddlyHugs123 Thanks!

To listen is to put someone else's speaking, thinking, feeling needs first.

Don't interrupt.

Don't advise.

Don't judge.

8steplisten February 17th, 2016

Don

8steplisten February 11th, 2016

Listening is the answer to the universal human need to be heard.

Iam80Here February 17th, 2016

@8steplisten - You're right, dear 8steplisten. :-) I agree with you, it's the best we can do to make our counterparts feel warmer, feel as if they are not alone. You see, so many of us do not listen to care for and understand, we listen to reply. Honestly, I used to do this too - even during the beginning of the previous year - but now, as I started to realize these things and as I am progressing on my journey, I don't do this at all. It has, eventually, lead to a great transformation!

cuddlyHugs123 February 12th, 2016

The best way to solve a problem is to face it #7cupsbook

Ors February 13th, 2016

Our finger prints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Judy Blume

8steplisten February 13th, 2016

Every story needs a listener.

CaringJoy February 14th, 2016

Try to accept and love yourself in the present moment instead of waiting to love yourself after you lose weight, after you get that new job, after you start that new relationship. Start today and stop putting off loving yourself.

happy22icecream February 15th, 2016

"Beautiful people are not always good, but good people are always beautiful"

aquaClementine1773 February 24th, 2016

@wowbillk aww how nice :)

ScreamingForSanity February 16th, 2016

Speaking is good, and silence is good, but it's best to know when to do which.

ProximaCentauri February 16th, 2016

"We're the diver to think on the jaws of the shark, he would never lay hands on the precious pearl." - Saadi

ProximaCentauri February 16th, 2016

Were*

Auto-incorrect strikes again!

"Come, come, whoever you are, wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving - it doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vow a hundred times. Come, come again, come."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī

"You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī

LilWriter1401 February 17th, 2016

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

-Alexander Graham Bell

CaringJoy February 17th, 2016

c42cdf82d5334124a22731bfa4bd01a0.jpg

Babiilocks February 18th, 2016

@CaringJoy I absolutely love this!

CaringJoy February 19th, 2016

@Babiilocks I'm so glad you love that quote because it had the same effect on me. Let's keep pressing on and I hope you feel better. Have a wonderful day! smiley

8steplisten February 17th, 2016

Don

Ors February 18th, 2016

Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing.
And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle.

But...if me, my birth, if that's a thermodynamic miracle... I mean, you could say that about anybody in the world!.

Yes. Anybody in the world. ..But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point. As if new, it may still take our breath away. Come...dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home.

Alan Moore, Watchmen

@Ors Wow. So beautiful..

Ors February 18th, 2016

@Babiilocks Thanks :) It's definitely one of the highlights in the book/movie.

@Ors I haven't actually seen the movie but I'm thinking maybe I should!! I love how that quote invokes so many thoughts!!heart