Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

STOP CHASING VALIDATION

randomdude34 December 28th, 2023

In recent years, there is a certain group of people say you need to do what gets you rich, not your passion. They say that following your passion implies laziness, and that you can't do the things you don't want to that will get you rich. And/or you should delay following your passion until you have your finances in order.

I strongly disagree with this. Yeah sure, some people who are following their passion might be avoiding other things they need to do if financial freedom is their dream, I get that. But for one, there's often ways to wrap your financial or business goals around your passion. Just because you have a dream in life that is perceived to be unrealistic because it's your passion, doesn't mean you can't get there, or that there's not realistic steps you can take to get there.

And secondly, this type of mindset completely overlooks people who are absolutely OBSESSED with their passion. What if someone really wants to become a musician, it's all they think about, 24/7. It's their lifelong dream, they are driven, and they will do whatever it takes to get there. Is that person automatically a lazy loser because they didn't sign up for a 50 dollar course on e-commerce instead? No!

Some people, depending on what career they are pursuing, and the level of opportunities in that path, simply might not have the time to do other things that will be more likely to get them rich. They are not lazy, they are not losers, and they are not "brokies". Besides, money isn't the only thing that matters. As long as you are actively looking for opportunities(especially in networking), taking a close look at all the options available to you, and are doing the absolute best you can, that 100% shows your work ethic.

Being rich is not my primary focus. Becoming SUCCESSFUL is. I'd rather get 5 million dollars without a network, without signing up for an online business course, and being "lazy", then getting 100 million dollars by selling my soul and learning about the ancient wisdom of dropshipping. And I won't even delay my passion for after I get rich from those things.

My dreams can't wait. Forget what the haters say. Do what you love, first and foremost, no matter what. It's as simple as that.💯

Mya000 January 4th

@randomdude34 I appreciate your perspective! Pursuing passion and success on your terms is truly valuable. Your determination and focus on what you love are inspiring. Keep chasing those dreams! ✨