Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Seventy Percent

Enthenia May 21st

1000003986_1716305711.jpg

I decided to go back to school because of job dissatisfaction. The company I'm with offers reimbursement for approved courses. Unfortunately, the first university I tried took two months to get the reimbursement from. So, after talking to a co-worker who was looking at programs also, I went with a university my company had an agreement with.

I wanted to study data analytics but it wasn't available in the self-paced format. So, I opted for a general IT degree which would give experience with many subjects. I started in February of last year. I just submitted the last assignment for my current course and I have three more courses to go and then the final project.

It hasn't been a walk in the park though. I had to rebuild a database because my hard drive died & had to get a new one. Then I had to get a new computer because something went wrong with the one that had been fixed two months prior. Then the screen on my laptop went out because something got on it but I was able to use a monitor from work and I had to get a wireless keyboard because some of the keys wouldn't respond (which was fine because I'd wanted a number pad anyway). I failed the mock Comp-tia+ one course had me take because all the acronyms confused me. Found an app that gives you practice tests and questions but I still haven't passed one (too many acronyms to keep straight). And in my current class it took me two weeks to do an assignment because I forgot to add an entry in the system directory for the computer to pull resources fromΒ 

All this on top of my constant overwhelming workload at work and sporadic stress at home.Β 

But, I got into the honors society at my university and my lowest grade so far has been a "B" so even though my current place of employment doesn't seem to believe I am making an effort and doing things correctly, I am in actuality, doing something right.

I do not know what I will do once I get the degree but at least I will have more options in the future than what I currently have.

innateJoy9602 May 21st

@Enthenia

Above all else you are persevering though it! Give yourself many pats on the back!!Β 
Congrats on getting into the honors society! So impressive! Keep up the awesome work. You got this πŸ’žπŸ’œ
rabbit-bunny.gif

Enthenia OP May 22nd

@innateJoy9602 Thanks! If my strength was perseverance, I think I'd be good to stay at my current job (which I really don't want).Β 

My next course is software design and user experience which is something I have never done before so I don't know if I can keep my streak going.

Tinywhisper11 May 22nd

@Enthenia πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ well done ❀ despite all the things that weren't going in your favour, you've done remarkably well ❀ you should be very proud of his well your doing. Personally I think you should treat yourself to something special, just for you. IT is a complicated course to take, and I'm sure this will bring the so many options. This is just the start of better things to come ❀

Enthenia OP May 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 Thanks! I don't know about rewards. It's awkward doing things like that. I have to force myself to take days off (been that way no matter what my current job was) but I might get something for the animalsΒ 

That was one setback I neglected to mention. Or maybe I did. If I go back and look, it wipes this response out. Also I'm currently tired because someone jumped on me at midnight wanting to play which made the span of time between that and my alarm going off at 3:45 seem extremely short.

Tinywhisper11 May 23rd

@Enthenia one of your animals I hope???Β 

awww animals are sooo cute, maybe not at that time in the morning thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Enthenia OP May 23rd

@Tinywhisper11 yes. She wanted to play or she was playing with the cat. I don't know. She jumped up onto the bed for a couple of seconds then left. She would have stayed longer if she had wanted to sleep.

Tinywhisper11 May 23rd

@Enthenia awww ❀

Enthenia OP May 23rd

@Tinywhisper11 she can be very affectionate. She can also be annoying and I think there's a bit of rivalry with the cat. Sometimes the cat wants to sleep near me but the dog forces her off then takes the spot.

Tinywhisper11 May 24th

@Enthenia πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ animals are funnyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

dapperPark8808 May 23rd

Have you heard about AI quantum investment ??

Enthenia OP May 23rd

@dapperPark8808 I have not heard of it.