Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you became your culture’s food ambassador, what would be the three dishes that you recommend?

chyni November 15th, 2023

im-making-a-traditional-dish-ahmed.gif

communicativePond1728 November 17th, 2023

@chyni

That's cool, I'll check them out. Great cultures think alike?

chyni OP November 21st, 2023

@communicativePond1728

fasho pond 🙃🤞🏾

communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@chyni

I can't find it...all that comes up is mushroom burgers. :/

Disneywoman November 17th, 2023

Does it have to be from the country we live in or  foods from countries we have ties with? 

chyni OP November 17th, 2023

@Disneywoman

it could be either 😊

Disneywoman November 18th, 2023

Even though I lived in Canada all my life - I grown up with a lot of Asian food (East asian-Korean to be specfic) and South Asian food.  I'm actually been learning Korean for the past 3 years now starting in June 2020.   

If I was the cultural ambassador for my Korean culture is pulgogi (Bulgogi), Fritters, and the bachan (side dish) of kimchi

chyni OP November 18th, 2023

@Disneywoman

i did some research and the Bulgogi sound and looked really good, thank you for sharing ☺️❤️ 

Comphi November 18th, 2023

@chyni

Not aware if there is such a thing, but if there is, I will stick to Mala Kofta, Shahi Paneer and garlic naan😋

chyni OP November 18th, 2023

@Comphi

ouu, 🤤 i’d eat these.. except the Shahi Paneer.. i saw that one of the ingredients is yogurt? and i don’t like that. thanks for sharing comphi 

Comphi November 18th, 2023

@chyni

You would love them😋

navyAcai7124 November 18th, 2023

@chyni kåldolmarkalops, pea soup

chyni OP November 19th, 2023

@navyAcai7124

I'd love to taste cabbage rolls.. in my culture we also made pea soup.. it's the absolute best 😍 we use red peas only though. thanks for sharing acai 

helloSail6144 November 22nd, 2023

@chyni 

Puri aur aloo dum

Payesh

Besi belle bhat

chyni OP November 25th, 2023

@helloSail6144

i definitely love the looks of the Puri aur aloo dum, looks like something i’d definitely enjoy, thanks so much for sharing 🫶🏽

SamNearSunset November 23rd, 2023

@chyni screenshot-20231123-132448-swiggy_1700726478.jpgThalassery biriyani. I am going to order this now.😋

screenshot-20231123-132806-swiggy_1700726538.jpgAppam

screenshot-20231123-132842-swiggy_1700726562.jpgChicken curry

@SamNearSunset

chicken curry?? i never get why in some countries they called it chicken curry instead of curried chicken, after all that’s what you do, curry the chicken 😭 anywhoo, that’s a dish i absolutely love and eat almost everyday! thanks for sharing 🫶🏽

safetysource12 November 23rd, 2023

Hi @chyni

I'm Indian (Tamil) and I will definitely recommend

1. Rice with mutton curry, long beans, cabbage pirattal, raita, mor milagai, podalankaai (snake gourd) poriyal and appalam.

2. Rice with fish curry, tayiru (yogurt), uruka (indian pickles), long beans and appalam

3. Rice with saambaar, kattirikkaai (brinjal) pirattal, muttakos (cabbage) pirattal, tofu sambal, urukai and appalam

I'm literally starving while typing this

@safetysource12

aww, why are you starving? or are you just hungry for these foods? 😬 i love curry so i think anything curry i’ll eat 😂😂 once it’s done properly ofc. thank you so much for sharing ☺️🫶🏽

safetysource12 November 27th, 2023

@chyni I was craving for them🤤

glisteningLight2506 November 23rd, 2023

@chyni 

1. Biryani: Biryani is a flavorful and aromatic rice dish made with basmati rice, meat (often chicken or mutton), and a blend of spices. It's typically cooked with yogurt, onions, and tomatoes, creating a fragrant and savory dish.

2. Nihari: Nihari is a slow-cooked stew, usually made with beef or lamb, simmered overnight to enhance its flavors. It's seasoned with a blend of spices, including ginger, garlic, and aromatic spices, resulting in a rich and hearty dish often enjoyed with naan or rice.

3. Seekh Kebabs: Seekh kebabs are flavorful, grilled or skewered minced meat, usually made with beef, chicken, or lamb. They are seasoned with spices, herbs, and sometimes gram flour, creating a savory and succulent kebab that is commonly served with chutney or flatbread.

These dishes represent a small fraction of the diverse and delicious cuisine that Pakistan has to offer. Each region in Pakistan has its own specialties, contributing to the rich tapestry of Pakistani food.

@glisteningLight2506

wow, okay so i can’t remember all the names but they sounded so good and i’d definitely want to try these. question thou, is the yogurt in the Biryani like a small amount? like can you taste it in the meal? thank you for sharinggg 🤗🫶🏽

freshMango7388 November 25th, 2023

@chyni

Lomo saltado, arroz chaufa, seco con frejoles

chyni OP November 26th, 2023

@freshMango7388

thank you for sharing 🫶🏽 the Lomo saltado looks really good 🤤