Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’ve never dated a girl before

MetaphysicalGrace November 8th, 2021

So pretty much all of my life I have pushed aside the fact I like girls, being as I am one. I didn’t shame myself or anything, I just grew up in a religious house where that wasn’t a thing. And I’ve just turned 20, so I’m on this whole self exploration and finally exploring being with a girl and if that really is something I’m interested it. Here’s the only problem, I am COMPLETELY clueless! And I have a lot of questions but no one to really ask, so I’m going to spill them on here haha. So first one, how is dating a girl different from a guy? Like when it comes to flirting and how fast or slow you take things? I’ve been seeing this girl for a small bit now and we get along amazing, better than I have with any man. But we dont flirt all the time like I’m used to with males and like we didn’t kiss or anything on the first few dates. Is this okay? I know she’s told her mom about me and she’s told me she’s interested, so how do I move further with her (nothing huge just like holding her hand lol) without being too forward or pushy?

halcyonCloud2036 November 9th, 2021

@MetaphysicalGrace

Love that you are following your heart and figuring out what is best for you! Just be sure to keep communicating about how you feel and what you are uncertain about...she is the best person to tell you what she wants. All the best to you!

SadLGBTQGenderqueer18 November 10th, 2021

@MetaphysicalGrace

dating a girl is sooooooooooooooo much more fun than dating boys

iwantacoffee2009 March 10th, 2023

@SadLGBTQGenderqueer18AMEN!, NOBODY TOLD MORE TRULY WORDS!....without trying to offense those boys who read this....😁

blitheSun94 March 8th, 2023

There’s so much I want to say!

Dating a girl is different in every way. There is something to be said for the bond two women can share. As great as that passion is, it can also lead to conflict. Finding a slow burn is a good place to be.

Having been with both men and women I will say the gay community has their own culture, and so too their own displays of interest. In general, matching energy worked for me. Lesbians move infamously quickly. That said, I met my wife 3 years ago: exclusive at six weeks, moved in at four months (at the beginning of Covid quarantine), engaged at six months, married at one year - and here we are two years later, lol. We had explosive chemistry, the kind I didn’t think existed in real life. We did kiss on the first date. When you know, you know.

You will have to find out if she’s reciprocating your affection. If you’re unsure, just ask. :)

✨💕✨