Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I learn to accept myself

Moon171 July 20th, 2021

I have no idea how to accept who I am, I want to but I think I've been in denial since I first questioned my gender up until finding out I'm not cis. I just want to be accepting of who I am, how do so many people do that/learn to accept yourself overtime (especially with not being able to tell some family members about it)

Optimisticempath July 20th, 2021

Hey @Moon171
I can imagine how difficult it would be for you to accept yourself but also if you don't accept yourself first how could you expect from others to do the same ? ❤
It will be hard because we are wired to think of some things as good , acceptable , worthy of acceptance and others not so much . So maybe a good step is to begin changing this wiring and conditioning?
try and list things you feel you are unable to accept or don't seem good to you , then list why it doesn't feel acceptable to you . 9 out of 10 things would be something from outside conditioning what others , the people around have told you . Let these go and try and to rediscover yourself from the start, your likes, dislikes, your personality . Eventually someday you will be proud of keeping on going in this journey of self love and acceptance . And just believe in yourself, you're worthy of accepting and loving yourself as how you are . ☺

Moon171 OP July 20th, 2021

@Optimisticempath

That's true, I really should've been working on that right away heart
I'll try that, since I do really wanna work on it, especially since I'm able to accept my friends, so I should be trying my best to fix that. I'll do that, I might write that in a journal. That was a really good idea, thank you so much for this, I'll try my hardest to believe in myself. You are too, thanks again smiley

Optimisticempath August 6th, 2021

You're most welcome ❤ @Moon171 How is it going for you since?

Moon171 OP August 6th, 2021

@Optimisticempath

I think pretty decent so far, thanks again heart

Optimisticempath August 6th, 2021

Proud of you ❤ @Moon171

Moon171 OP August 7th, 2021

@Optimisticempath

Aw, thank you so much heart :)

kingkierantyler July 21st, 2021

it was really difficult when i started to question my gender but the friends i had at the time were very acceptable so i practiced with them first. i tried to tell teachers i trusted but when i put my name on class work, they wouldn’t even grade it cos it wasn’t my legal name. i eventually came out to my dad and he literally said ‘maybe you just like dick again’ and that destroyed me. i dropped out of school and went back into the closet but i knew i wasn’t a girl and refused to be called one, so identified as non-binary until i knew for sure that i was a boy. i had sit and talk to myself about it for a while. i realised it was very much getting in the way of my mental health and if i chose to accept it and believe what my brain was telling me that i would some how feel better. so i came out again to my whole family and it’s taken them time to learn and some of them think they get it due to absurd reasoning but everyone respects my name and pronouns. my grandma still calls me she sometimes even though i’ve been out since i was 16 but my dad keeps blaming it on her being old. i’m on testosterone and that has also changed my way of thinking. i was never physically able to picture a future where i had a flat chest but i knew i needed it and my life changed after top surgery. i’m currently trying to get my hysterectomy rescheduled cos i missed it, but i have never contemplated phalloplasty until recently and my brain is so confused. i’ve never felt like you need a penis to be a boy, but i never thought i’d want one this badly until like last year. if you’re able, maybe watch some videos on youtube made by other trans people to see if you maybe relate to what you’re going through. if you don’t, at least you’re educated and you know.

Moon171 OP July 21st, 2021

@kingkierantyler

I am out to at least one friend, so I can check with them. Maybe I should also see if I can somehow work to possibly getting testosterone. I'll do that, I've watched some before. Thank you for the help, I'm also sorry about all that happening with your family. And congratulations to you you for being able to get the hysterectomy, and you are valid!