Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

🌈 LGBTQ+ Awareness - Pride Month: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself! 🌈

CheeryMango June 3rd

Hello everyone, and welcome to our special Pride Month thread! This is a space where we can all come together to celebrate our diverse LGBTQ+ community, share our stories, and support one another.

pride-is-for-everyone-pride.gif

Whether you identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, or any other identity under the rainbow, you are welcome here with open arms. This is a safe and inclusive space where everyone's identities and experiences are respected and celebrated.

To kick things off, why not introduce yourself? Share your name, pronouns, and a little bit about yourself. You can also let us know what Pride Month means to you and how you're celebrating this special time of the year.

Say hi, introduce yourself, and let's make this Pride Month one to remember! πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ’–

Heather225 June 3rd

yaaaaaaay it's the best month!

flag-lgbt.gif

Heather225 June 3rd

My name is Heather but I go by H because it aligns with my identity as nonbinary. I prefer they/them, and I am demiromantic/sexual. It took a while to settle into these identities but the journey has been so fun. I hope that wherever you all are on your journey of self-expression and discovery that you're gentle with yourself and really give yourself time and space to explore and try everything on in life to see what fits you best. Whatever part of the spectrum you're on, be yourself unapologetically. Happy Pride, everybirdy!

🌈 Happy pride everyone ✨

My name's Rain, I'm a non-binary creature, I'm okay with any pronouns, I'm panromantic and also maybe asexual or greysexual ^^

I'd be happy to meet new people of the community and become friends with amazing queer persons 🐸 cause' I feel a bit lonely and misunderstood by my entourage (they're all cisgender and straight people sadly)...

PaulaUp June 6th

@brokenartlostmind

Hello Rain,Β 

Fellow ace/gray ace hereπŸŽ‰ reach out if you want to chat :)

Warmly, PaulaΒ 

Hello Paula!

Hehe nice to meet ya, well I'd be glad to! ✨

VictoriaLove7 June 3rd

@CheeryMangoΒ 

Hello γƒΎ(⁠◍⁠‒⁠ᴗ⁠‒⁠◍⁠)⁠ノ” my name is Vic (a version of me name given by someone (γ……Β΄ ˘ `)

My pronoun is she/her/hers. A bit about me, I enjoy watching mystery movies in utube (..β—œα΄—β—..)

Pride month πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ to me means the time where we celebrate the freedom to love & to be ourselves ୧⍒⃝୨

KatePersephone June 3rd

@CheeryMango
hi guys! i'm kate :3 i'm a queer cis woman going by she/her pronouns! to me, pride month means celebrating being who we are and embracing the equality we deserve with people who are not part of the community. 🌸❀

TransAyMo June 3rd

@CheeryMango I am Ayman assigned male at birth, but prefer to be called Staci as a proud transwoman

CaringSub June 3rd

@CheeryMango

name, pronouns, and a little bit about yourself. You can also let us know what Pride Month means to you and how you're celebrating this special time of the year.

Hi all! My name, here on 7 Cups, is CaringSub - and I reply to either Caring or Sub! I mostly identify as lesbian (in my earlier days), but prefer LGBTQ these days. My pronouns are she/her/they/them.

Pride Month, to me, is something of enduring recognition, not only for LGBTQ+/MOGII persons, but recognition for the work & endurance of LGBTQ+ communities still do, to either uphold rights or continue to fight for rights. Rightly or wrongly, I feel I am a living 'historian' of 1990s Pride, rights, etc.

Some places have come such a long way. However, there is much more work to do. Especially with the resurgence of 'anti-LGBTQ+" .Β Β 

For these reasons, Pride (no matter the month) is such more important.

bestKite8488 June 4th

@CaringSubΒ  I believe that things have changed a lot in the last 50 years but some things have not changed at all.Β  Let me explain what I mean.Β  I find that people are much more open now about a gay relationship that they are in and usually do not try to hide it (unless they don't want to be out to some people they know).Β  But what hasn't changed is that lesbians who are not in a relationship tend to act like they are closeted.Β  They do not approach other women as often as they should and act like they are not motivated at all to meet anyone.Β  The result is that most lesbians are NOT in a relationship at any given time.Β  It is a sad situation.Β  Does anyone else notice this?Β Β 

Pandorachess1137 June 4th

@CheeryMango Hello! I go by Lo and pretty much any of the big three English pronouns, because I am gnc. I am an avid chess player and this is my last summer (and my last June) living in a small town that is rather old-fashioned. To me, Pride is all about finding community and comfort, not only through interpersonal relationships but through recognizing the efforts of the past liberators from shame and continuing their work.

Hello! I'm Branch. I'm a bisexual cis man. I enjoy TTRPGs, reading, writing, and art. Sadly Pride for me doesn't mean much of anything since I haven't come out yet to my parents and there isn't really a lot of pride events in my country.Β 

Online I do change all of my pfps to represent my flag and such, and occasionally I draw art for it but nothing much tbh

SosiMiller June 4th

Hi, Im Sosi. Im bisexual, in a hetero passing relationship.Β 
Wish you all healthy relationships not just ith your partners but with your friends, family and coworkers <3Β 
remember_1717509583.jpg

bestKite8488 June 4th

@SosiMillerΒ  I think we need to give a shout out too to all the gay people who are NOT in a relationship.Β  Some of them are very loving, affectionate, caring people who have just not found a partner and it is not their fault.Β  Most gay people are still hidden in our society even now in 2024.Β Β 

bestKite8488 June 4th

@CheeryMangoΒ  Hi.Β  I'm Lorrie (she).Β  I came out about three years ago and have not found my special person yet.Β  I find that lesbians act like they are closeted.Β  Has anyone else noticed that?Β  When they are in relationships they show their ability to love, otherwise they are very cold until they choose someone they think they like.Β  I am so different from them - I am warm and friendly to everyone, but I think I will soon give up on lesbians.Β  Only about 10% of them ever want to have a girlfriend!Β  That makes it very hard for other women to meet them.Β  Lesbians are just not motivated enough for me.Β  I am currently living with a man.Β  It is not ideal obviously but men are much easier to understand and deal with.Β Β 

@CheeryMango Hello! I'm a part of the lesbian community! Shout out to my fellow lesbians and other supporters. ✊

placidSea8181 June 5th

@CheeryMango

hey! My name is Millie and my pronouns are she/her. I am bisexual but may be demiromantic bisexual. I am closeted to all but one person being my sister. I truly identify myself as bi or questioning. But as a teen in a unsupporting house I haven’t told anyone besides my sis. I had crushes on boys all my life but then I started having a crush on this girl. And I started researching. I can’t buy anything having to do with pride and I can’t go to any parades but when I think about pride I think about the joy, the community, the happiness.Β 

placidSea8181 June 5th

@placidSea8181

i am a cis woman btw

WarmLightXO June 5th

Yay!! Happy Pride everyone!!

I'm Elliot *waves* and I use he/him pronouns on 7Cups :p I tend to go by different names and pronouns in different corners of my life haha

I'm aromantic, asexual, non-binary, and queer! I love you all and am wishing you a joyous and safe pride <3

@CheeryMango

Hi everyone!!! I hope y'all have a fun month!!!

@reservedTangerine9348

I'm Shannon btw!!!!Β 

busiebee June 5th

@CheeryMango

Hi. I'm bee! I really don't know what I am at the moment. Aro/ace for sure. I'm just glad I'm going on this journey in a time where I can find accepting communities like 7 cups!

happylittletree5 June 6th

Hi, im happytree5. I just joined this site as a listener right after I had a sort of meltdown about my sexuality and gender identity and was looking for someone to talk to. I found this site and was talking to a listener when they started asking me inappropriate questions regarding the things I was confiding in them about, and asking for my personal accounts.

I decided I wanted to be someone who can offer a listening ear and provide a safe environment for those looking for some solace.

kissu June 6th

@CheeryMango i'm hetero

ReganL June 6th

@CheeryMango

Happy pride month everyone! 🌈

My name is Regan and i'm non-binary, I'm also Bisexual! I'm still exploring these things myself, and that's alright. For all of you who are reading this this are "labels" things you give yourself to come to terms of who you are, they don't define you, you are wonderful and amazing just the way you are! Don't worry about finding the right one, as it takes time, and that's alright! We will be here to cheer you on and support you no matter what!

- Regan

TheTypingBeast September 15th

@ReganL do you use they/them pronouns?

Iamwhoiamwhoami June 6th

trans female, the rest of the modern terminology I am not familiar with. Not in any relationship. Not officially out. Probably never will be.

Retropink June 8th

@CheeryMango Kia ora, I am Jay (they/them).Β 

kindbubbles3420 June 16th

@CheeryMango

Hello, luvliess. my name is Mia, I'm non-binary, and my pronouns are She/Her. a little about myself, well... I guess that I like K-pop so much and I listen to most groupsΒ πŸ₯°πŸ˜ I love Pride Month so much, it's actually my favorite month. happy Pride, everyone, and keep shining. you're amazing, keep being you.Β πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

CaringSub June 28th

@CheeryMango

Hope everyone had a good Pride Month.