Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi everyone

It's nice to meet you! My name is Rain, I'm non-binary and panromantic (also probably asexual) creature 🐸 I'd be glad to meet some queer people to talk to, I've been feeling quite lonely and misunderstood (like I'm mostly surrounded by cisgender and straight people my whole life)...

There's so few people I've made my coming out so far, only my two sisters and some friends. But most of them still misgendering me or calling me by my old name... Also I still haven't the guts to tell my parents, they can be open minded on some things but what I'm afraid of is judgement like they could say things like "what is that again" "it's just a phase" ...

But I hate my birth name so much, and I'd like to be seen as I truly am... But idk, do you have maybe any tips?

@brokenartlostmind heyyy i'm queer as well!! if you need to chat about anything I'd love to hear about it!! i'm glad you're here with us hshshshs i'm hazel and genderfluid

@brokenartlostmind About coming out, I absolutely get the feeling!! if you're feeling like you're not safe or able to come out yet, I'm sorry to hear, no one deserves to feel like that. if I can somehow make the feeling slightly better, let me know :'} I'm sure whatever name you come up with it's going to represent the great individual you are!!

brokenartlostmind OP May 30th

Thank you, I appreciate your support that means a lot ✨

Well aha I love my nickname 'Rain' better, I never use my birth name online and I'm trying so bad to avoid it, it really doesn't suit me and I've always hated it, but IRL my family and people calling me by it... I haven't and idk how to change my name officially (I mean on my papers u know...), and I'm so scared to tell my parents, I'm scared they might take it badly if I told them that I hate the name they gave me... ://

i think rain is a beautiful name omg (its raining here rn as im typing it) !!!!!! i get wym tho about the name thing, its most certainly understandable 😭😭😭😭 id say if u dont feel safe dont make urself do it, i hope it gets better :( have u considered telling them youd prefer a nickname or smth like so?

Aha thanks 🌧️

It's also that I don't find the right moment to tell them you know... For know only two of my friends knows about my nickname and they've been comprehensive about it which I'm grateful for :3

yeah i get it :’]] im here if u need anything, but i truly hope it turns out well!! it will be okay :3

Thank youuu so much again 🌞✨

AshtynLuv97 June 2nd

hii rain!

im not in your boat personally, im bisexual but if you do ever need a friend to just talk to or vent, im here! i get the feeling of not wanting to feel judgement sometimes that's not avoidable. but i can be a friend if you need one.

p.s. i think the name rain is beautiful 😁

brokenartlostmind OP June 2nd

Hi, thanks ashtyn!

I'd really like some friends to talk to, so yes with pleasure 😊

@brokenartlostmind

Hey, am questioning still and exploring but it seems I'm maybe Androgyne, AFAB (assigned female at birth), maybe asexual, maybe autistic, yet there so much learn, so many labels.

When I was young I tried exploring but there was a lot of eye rolling and "it's just a phase" and either pushback or no sort of encouragement or nurturing at all around it.

This made me super mixed up and unable to know who to trust, even with years of counseling, therapy, workshops, workbooks, meditation, and a decade of medication.

The medication side effects became too toxic, and they switched one of my pills to a generic brand and I just hated it so I went off in some cold turkey/taper cycle that took a decade.

Now I'm pretty over the whole system and it's gaps and have a hard time holding my tongue about anything and everything these days. So mostly I heal at home unless it's urgent.

There's a pride walk today and I'm also mixed up around that. For so long who I was wasn't given any sort of recognition I basically don't even know if I exist, who I am.

If I spend time around people who were supported and know more than me, will I snap at the injustice? Will I be jealous and resentful? Or will I find joy and confidence in the process?

My own issues seem to get in the way of everything. Even changing my name seems like a faded memory now, because I've always hated it too or just didn't relate.

It's hard to know that who I am effects my parents so much, or so little. I was told by my granny that it was my fault they divorced. I seem so normal, yet also so coldly abnormal.

@communicativePond1728 I mean obviously autistic isn't a gender identity. There's just so many labels not just when it comes to gender to explore. And I can barely exist.

brokenartlostmind OP June 2nd

You don't need labels or any recognition from anyone to exist.

Btw, for me labels are just words that can be here to get better understanding of yourself and others, to put words on some description you can relate to, to find communities, but the idea is not to put people in boxes...

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that you exist no matter what. And I and others can be there to support you! I'm sorry to hear your family wasn't. I get that you feel lost, I do too, but I'm sure you'll find out who you are, that you'll learn to discover and accept yourself.

Remember that normality isn't real, we all have similarities but everyone is unique and that makes the beauty of diversity and we should all be proud of that 🌈✨

Anyway I be here if you want to talk ^^

Hey rain! I'm on the same boat here and would love to talk about it with someone who going hrough the same :)

brokenartlostmind OP June 5th

Hey! I'd be glad to!

thatweirdfallkid June 5th

@brokenartlostmind

um hI fhahfzjfz sorry um so i'm queer too and i've been dealing with a lot of mental *** lately, i just got dumped by my three best friends and can't hang out w my other two close friends bc i'm 17 and they're YAs... anyway i've been really lonely and wanting to talk to people too but i can't bc of all my ***.

i'm not supposed to be on social media really but i've been thinking about forums bc i'm isolated (i'm also homeschooled so i don't meet many ppl irl).  anyway sorry didn't mean to talk so much about my *** just thought i'd fill you in i guess?  sorry hope that's not super presumptious and counter intuitively rude or somethin jfzfjxjgx

i decided to respond to this thread on a gut instinct tbh haha, i actually had the same pfp as you a few months ago and also i recently made up an oc named rain so my brain was like *** WHAT- sorry maybe that seems like a silly reason to respond but idk gxghfxjj

anyway i really get what you're going through, my mom's asked me three times this past year if i'm gay and 2/3 times thought i was "just confused" so i'm not really counting on the third time getting through to her.  my parents are kind of a little bit okay with people being gay but have said some offensive ***.... and it's hard bc i'm also under the nonbinary umbrella (i'm aphorian) and they're kinda transphobes, but the way i identify my orientation (ace greyro neptunic) has a lot to do with my gender identity, so i still can't really come out to them yk?  and ofc i can't tell them my chosen name and it's just so *** exhausting being misgendered and deadnamed all the time....

anyway i'm sorry again for talking sm about my own ***, if you want someone to talk to i'm here dude (:

@thatweirdfallkid

oh hahaha didn't realize swears were censored here jxjgxgkc sorry if my context is confusing

Hehe yeah I was trying to guess the swearing words it was fun 𤣠no but more seriously I'm sorry for what you're going through... I can understand each other as you says, between the loneliness, misgendering and deadnaming aha ð¥²

And I'd be glad to talk more with you if you want too ^^

@brokenartlostmind

morning (depending on your timezone haha)

thanks for understanding i'd love to talk too (: hope you're having a good day

Morning to you too! (For me it's more the end of afternoon)

I had a 'okay' day let's say; it wasn't as bad as usual but it wasn't as good as I used to be either aha X))

I actually tried to draw again (it was a looong time I didn't) even if I didn't like what I did, I'm trying to be proud of me for once, as it's been a loooong time i haven't finished one thing... that's the story of my life: I'm not able to finish anything, thousands of projects taking the dust at every corner of my house 🤣 Damn I hope there's no afterlife cause I don't want to be a wandering ghost stuck with unfinished business 👻 (sorry for that joke XD)

Anyway I hope you'll have a good day too 🌞

@brokenartlostmind

i get that haha, i used to draw a lot but stopped a few years ago bc of mental health stuff, and i paint sometimes but lack a lot of ideas.  i drew again a bit a few months ago, made pictures for my gf, but they broke up with me so i don't really feel like drawing anything.

ha i get the ghost joke.  if it makes you feel any better the way i think about the afterlife is that it isn't really conscious, that it's kind of timeless and peaceful and everyone just exists subconsciously.

You draw too? Yeah that's hard having an art block, feeling uninspired, ...

Hope you're right 👻

@brokenartlostmind

yeah, i liked drawing dragons a lot when i was younger, the most recent stuff were more random, i drew some bridge goblins and then an iris.  a few months ago i tried drawing skeletons and stuff to get out my negative emotions but it didn't really help enough.

i like drawing in black and white and shading a lot.  what style do you like to draw?

That's nice, love dragons and goblins hehe 🐉

Sad that it didn't helped you... Drawing used to help me for a time...

Idk if I do have a style... But I love drawing characters, weird creatures, and stuff, I use lots of colours, mostly with watercolour and coloured pencils ^^