Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is it relatable for anyone?

raspberryyyy March 12th, 2022

Hi everyone 🤗

I'm a 29 years old lesbian. I am mostly asexual. I don't need sex. I don't feel a desire even if I date someone. All of the girls I've met wanted to have sex a few times a week. And I feel like I'm okay to have sex maybe once a year which always sounds funny to people. The compromise from my side could be having sex once in 3 months, but this is not the "schedule" I prefer, it's something I feel like I could deal with. So either they leave me because I don't have sex with them, or we have sex, continue dating but I feel very stressed and unhappy...That's why I have never had a serious relationship. And it's a problem for me because I want to be in relationships, I want to love and be loved but it never works out because every girl I meet wants sex. I understand them, but I can do nothing about it now. I was thinking about going to a sexologist and taking medications but I'm currently on medications for OCD, and these medications don't work together.

I've never met an asexual/graysexual or demisexual ppl, so I would love to talk to someone... if this is relatable for anyone.

KatePersephone March 13th, 2022

@raspberryyyy hi there. thank you for sharing your story with us! i am hoping you manage to get the support you deserve on the matter<3

friendlyCircle9419 March 13th, 2022

@raspberryyyy I know how you feel. I have pretty infrequent sexual urges, maybe a few times a year. I've tried explaining my situation to my partners but they always seem to take it personally. I don't feel anyone should do anything that makes them uncomfortable to please others. That is not a compromise. Someone understanding will come along.

raspberryyyy OP March 13th, 2022

Thanks so much !

blitheSun94 March 20th, 2022

@raspberryyyy

Hi there, finding someone with the same sexual appetite as you is key. My wife and I go through fluctuations like most couples and can go extended periods of time without it. It sounds like your asexuality is a firm part of your foundation. Trying to date people with dissimilar levels of interest will be very hard for you, especially because many people equate sex with intimacy - which isn't necessarily true.

I hope you meet someone soon who more closely aligns with your needs.

-Blithe

raspberryyyy OP March 23rd, 2022

Thank you Blithe