Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dinner With Our Alumni: Moonlemon48

FrenchToast February 8th, 2022

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are staying phenomenal and safe heart For this week, we have a very special LDP graduate with us for dinner. For all those that are new, the dinner series is a series of small interviews that I do with the Leadership Development Program (LDP) alumni to spread more awareness about the program and to hopefully help out our current trainees.

Let me present, @Moonlemon48! Moonlemon48 goes by either Moon or also a duck on demand! (Safe to say, I will be calling you duck from here on :p) Duck loves to travel and pasta, alongside taking pictures. She’s passionate about taking picture of quite literally everything, because she proudly says, "Different eyes see different things, right?" (Rightfully so!) She believes that we all have stories to share and he strongly believes that there's no story too small for photography. That being said, Moon has been a listener with our teen community since June 2021! If you know her, she is a bright presence in the rooms and are always encouraging and supporting others. Moon is also a Teen Quality Star, Listener Verifier, Project Agent for many teams, Safety Patrol member, Listener Coach and a group moderator. She is also a part of the Writers Guild team - in short, Duck is a superstar!

What was on the menu? Lots and lots of pasta! Different kinds of pasta!

And it went like:

What made you join the LDP?

So one day, I was just exploring cups and I think I got to know about LDP through the forums, I read about it and it was some thing that I was instantly interested in. When I was in school I was told that I was a 'Natural Leader' So when I came across LDP I was sure that I was going to join and learn about leadership.

How was your experience doing the coursework?

My experience was magnificent, there were so many things that I learned and I am thankful that I got to experience this wonderful program.

Did you find it easy to navigate through the forums for each course?

Navigating through the forums was super easy. When I started I didn't really know much about the forums but all the courses had accessible links. It was easy also because I knew my mentor had my back, they were really helpful and made things go super smoothly.

How did you dedicate your time to doing the coursework?

I used to sit down for 15 to 30 minutes everyday and get as much as I could done. Timers, I realized are really important xD

Which course did you like the most? And why?

I really liked the first course, the introduction and course description was amazing.

What role did you get into after the program? How are you liking the role you got into for the LDP?

I am now a room supporter, safety patrol member, peer support, care team guide, discussion host, discussion writer, listener verifier. I am truly enjoying my roles, it's great to be able to support my peers and members through my roles.

If you had to give one tip to the current trainees, what would that be?

I would probably say find your own voice at your own pace. Take breaks, this is not something that you should stress on. Make sure you're having fun!

What can we do to make the program better?

Maybe we could add more quizzes and maybe we could have mentors reach out to the listeners because many listeners who are in the program do not know that we have mentors.

...And that's Duck for you! Thank you for reading till here everyone! And, thank you so much for doing this, @Moonlemon48, please give her a big shoutout! heart

I would love to hear any suggestions/question ideas that I can add to this series. If you are an LDP graduate and would love to contribute, please PM me so we can set up our dinner!

If you want to apply for the LDP, please click here.

WarmLightXO February 8th, 2022

Yay! This was super informing, thanks @anotherfrenchtoastclub and @moonlemon48 💜

Moonlemon48 February 9th, 2022
@WarmLightXO of course❤
rrretsuko February 9th, 2022

@anotherfrenchtoastclub and @Moonlemon48, this is an amazing interview ! <3 moon, you are absolutely awesome and i do agree that you are a natural leader ! thank you for being here with us and being so involved with the community as well as everything else that you do !

great questions, toast ! thank you so much for hosting this interview and for all that you do for LDP as well ! you are such a great leader :)

@rrretsuko aww suko! that really means alot to me! thank you for the endless support! I appreciate you deeply! *sends love*
rrretsuko February 9th, 2022

@Moonlemon48 absolutely !! you deserve it <3 *sending love as well !* :)

lovelyWaterfall2170 February 9th, 2022

@anotherfrenchtoastclub

@moonlemon48

Thanks for sharing such valueable post !!

Truly appreciate your efforts 😊

@lovelyWaterfall2170 Thank you! ♡♡
Blakefss111 February 9th, 2022
Thank you Duck (@moonlemon48) for sharing your experience with the LDP, it sounds like it was a great fit for you and you were a great fit for it! Also, thank you @anotherfrenchtoastclub for conducting the dinner and interview, looking forward to reading through future ones!
@Blakefss111 "duck" hahah! absolutely! ♡
Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 9th, 2022

"pasta"- *is lured in* :P

Moonduckyyy, you're a fantabulous being. I love how someone "called" on you being a natural leader, you truly are an amazing one, supporting our community in so many ways, but most of all, by being your bright and cheery self, that i absolutely adore! 🤗

Super great to hear you had an enjoyable experience with LDP, agreed also, it is not something to be stressed upon at all lol, just exploring and having fun while learning and growing as a listener and a leader is the best way to go about it!

Thanks for being ever so wonderful, Moonling!

- Your proud friend (and sibling xD ), Sun! ❤️

FrenchToast OP February 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou sibling 😂😂

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Hold on let me laugh on the "sibling" first xD

Awee sun *hugs* you're soooo sweet! Thank you for the endless love and support! I have no words to describe how much I genuinely appreciate you!

What would this moon sibling do without sun? xD

Thank you loads and loads!!!

GoldenRuleJG February 9th, 2022

Fab interview @anotherfrenchtoastclub with @Moonlemon48 😊😊😊😊😊

You are a wonderful addition to the community Moon as are you Toast ❤️😊

Moonlemon48 February 10th, 2022
@GoldenRuleJG aww thank you so much for your kind words golden! ❤
GoldenRuleJG February 10th, 2022

@Moonlemon48 💛💛💛

joyfulSea41 February 10th, 2022

Nice👍🏻

Moonlemon48 February 11th, 2022

@joyfulSea41 ❤❤

soulsings February 10th, 2022

Thanks for sharing Duck aks @Moonlemon48

@FrenchToastClub

@soulsings Thank you♡

higherselfhealing999 February 11th, 2022

This was genuinely helpful and informative. Thank you for this post and your insights @Moonlemon48 and @Frenchtoastclub ! 🙏💗

@higherselfhealing999 absolutely ❤

shy12346 February 12th, 2022

Hello