Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Development Program - FAQ

FrenchToast November 20th, 2022

What is the Leadership Development Program?
The 7 Cups Leadership Development Program is designed to help you become a strong leader. The program includes content components (reading, watching videos, and passing quizzes to show mastery of knowledge) and practice components. There is a learning by doing practical component where you practice what you learn by serving in a community domain alongside other leaders in either the engagement or quality programs. You will receive a badge for the completion of each course and Leadership Studies Certificate upon completion of the entire program.

What can I expect to learn?
The program takes a personal approach and starts with helping you identify and build upon your natural gifts and strengths. It then transitions to focusing on the core discipline of problem-solving. The next course focuses on specific interpersonal skills needed to be a strong leader on 7 Cups, including mastery of communication skills, time management, conflict resolution, and stress management. The fourth course helps you learn how to build community through group support and sub-community work on 7 Cups. The last course provides an overview of servant leadership and other foundational leadership principles.

What is the goal of the program?
Our goals: 1. recruit more leaders 2. provide more leadership training for current leaders to help us better scale-up care for our community.

Who can apply?
The program is open to listeners AND members! If you're interested in becoming a 7 Cups leader, we want to empower you!

How does it work?
This program doubles as an introduction to leadership and your road to leadership experience.

There are two components:

>The Courses

There are 4 different courses in this program and an elective you can choose. They are hosted in the LDP forum as discussions, and assignments to complete in each one.

There is usually reading or a video, followed by questions and activities to demonstrate your understanding of the material. We ask you to do your best here and please be as descriptive and thoughtful as you can with your response.

A badge is awarded for passing each course after you fill out a Course Evaluation.

>Leadership Roles

The other goal of this program is to introduce you to 7 Cups leadership and help you find the right role (or roles) for you!

We offer mentoring to those of you who would like guidance from an experienced leader. If you are an established leader here entering this program, this component is not required. This is mandatory for newbies.

What do I need to do to graduate?
In order to complete the Leadership Development Program, you must have 1. finished the coursework AND 2. moved into at least one leadership role, if you don't already hold one. This means you must be in at least an entry-level role, examples being Peer Supporter, Forum Supporter, Room Supporter, Sharing Circle Host, or Discussion Leader. (Note: ATL does not count as a leadership role.) This is to ensure that you come out of the program a strong and well-prepared leader!

7 Cups roles? Where can I read about them?
Please see this masterpost that breaks down the domains (Engagement, Quality, Safety etc).

Why is there a 2-week trial before I get my badge?
This program is comprehensive, and we want you to be sure you are able to put in the time and effort to go through it so you can get the most out of it. To complete the trial, you must pass the first course a if you're a listener, you will also need to be verified! For your reference, here is the LDP Trial Submission Form.

I need to drop out/enroll at another time:
If you need to drop out for any reason, that's okay! Please use this form: LDP Drop form

I am having trouble meeting my deadline. Can I request an extension?
Yes, we give extensions! Please contact @DreamTouch to discuss.

The courses: how does it work?
In each course, there are discussions that you will read through, and assignments in each one. You must complete everything asked within each assignment for it to count. Failure to do so will result in delays. Please read through all of the content in the discussion to know what you need to do.

Where do I find the actual courses?
In order:

Course 1. Personal Leadership 101: MBTI Personality Types

Course 2. Foundational Leadership Principles: Understanding your Leadership Style

Course 3. Becoming a 7 Cups Leader: Service Leadership at 7 Cups

Course 4. Community Builder Course

List of Electives offered

Do we complete tasks on our own schedule or are there benchmark deadlines?
The exact deadline for completing all the requirements to graduate will be in your orientation email, but it is either 6 or 8 weeks, depending on what you choose.

How will we receive announcements?
All important announcements will be communicated via email and alerts using the Leadership Trainee and Trainee badge. If you are not receiving our emails, please check your SPAM folder, and/or contact @
DreamTouch to confirm the right email is on file.

Who can I contact with questions along the way?
Here is the Mentor Team.

-

Ready to apply? Enroll here!

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 21st, 2022

@FrenchToastClub

Thankyou for this FAQ, Toast, helpful to trainees for sure.

Just mentioning here that the links to the courses (4 and 5) take us to the LDP home page instead of the individual sub-forum(topic) and Course 3 has the hyperlink for the forum post for course 5. :O

FrenchToast OP November 21st, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Updated! Thank you!

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 25th, 2023

@FrenchToastClub

Thank you! I will be doing this one after I finish the quality listening program ….💕💕

starryCandy6123 December 13th, 2023

When i do become a leader, I would keep my team fully informed, of any plans, that I needed time off