Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcing our New Leadership Development Program!

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Hi all!

Hope you all are well! I'm writing today with an exciting update. As many of you know, we have long had two tracks of volunteer roles on 7 Cups: listeners and leaders. At present, we have 411,000 volunteer trained listeners and over 1,000 community leaders.

We have spent years building out our listener training program. If you go to our training tab (https://www.7cups.com/listener/training.php), you'll see that we have 66 courses that you can take to strengthen core listener skills as well as learn how to better help people facing specific issues or challenges. These courses are really good too. We just had our Psychological First Aid course audited by a third party and it came off as strong and meeting their requirements. I suspect most of our courses would pass any sort of third-party auditing process.

On that same page, you can click on the blue certification button at the top to look at the more in-depth Active Listening 1-10 certificate programs we provide as well. In addition to these programs, we also provide internship programs for many universities. I'm proud of our curriculum. What I love most about it is that we can provide it at no cost. It is 100% free. I think that is fantastic.

We are now starting the process of building out a leadership training program. We are hoping to train 160 new leaders and many more as new opportunities emerge (check out these slides for a list of roles and opportunities to serve). We are calling it the Leadership Development Program. If you scroll down on that same page, then you'll see a new Header and links to the overview and first few courses in this program. When we started 7 Cups (way back in 2013!) we only had the very first active listener course that you all take. Now we have 66 courses. The same will happen with the leadership domain and then eventually other domains as the needs and training opportunities arise.

I've included more information on the overall program below. Our goal is to recruit more leaders, provide more leadership training for current leaders, and launch new leadership programs to help us better scale up care for our community.

mail If you are interested in becoming a leader on 7 Cups, then please sign up here.

We will start the first cohort in July (the 7/10 Cohort) and will notify you when we are ready to go. Our goal is to complete one course per month. We encourage everyone interested to apply asap, the deadline for the course is 7/10. The application process will remain open even after however you will join the next cohort (8/1/2020) if you miss the deadline.
Thoughts and feedback welcome!

Glen

Leadership Development Program

The 7 Cups Leadership Development Program is designed to help you become a strong leader. The program takes a personal approach and starts with helping you identify and build upon your natural gifts and strengths. It then transitions to focusing on the core discipline of problem-solving. The next course focuses on specific interpersonal skills needed to be a strong leader on 7 Cups, including mastery of communication skills, time management, conflict resolution, and stress management. The fourth course helps you learn how to build community through group support and sub-community work on 7 Cups. The last course provides an overview of servant leadership and other foundational leadership principles.

The program includes content components (reading, watching videos, and passing quizzes to show mastery of knowledge) and practice components. There is a learning by doing practical component where you practice what you learn by serving in a community domain alongside other leaders in either the engagement or quality programs. The program utilizes a cohort model of learning. You will start the program with a group of leaders and work through the curriculum of 5 courses as a cohort. You will receive a badge for the completion of each course and Leadership Studies Certificate upon completion of the entire program.

Here's where you can read about the courses:

Course 1. Personal Leadership 101: Identify and Build Your Strengths

Course 2. Becoming a 7 Cups Leader: Best Practices

Course 3. Personal Leadership 102: The Problem is the Path

Course 4. Foundational Leadership Principles

Course 5. Community Building Course: Challenge

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020
iamvisveish June 29th, 2020

Thats really productive and great Mr.Glen. Hoping to start with the program soon, cheers ! @GlenM

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@iamvisveish awesome! looking forward to seeing you there :)

iamvisveish June 29th, 2020

Yeah me too thanks :) @GlenM

comfortableSummer2144 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

Looks good!

jordanneedscoffee June 29th, 2020

@GlenM thank you for this. It looks very helpful and it's a goldmine of resources.

marvelousBeauty23 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM I loved it! Can wait to take lessons and help the community 🌹

Sinceresebas21 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM Applying right now :)

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@Sinceresebas21 great!!

SoulfullyAButterfly June 29th, 2020

@GlenM this is superb - as someone who values growth and leadership skills - I am very excited

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@SoulfullyAButterfly awesome soulfully!!!

RarelyCharlie June 29th, 2020

@GlenM This is in a public area of the forum where members and guests can read it, but some of the links only work for listeners. This makes me think that perhaps the entire program is only for listeners, and a listener area of the forum might have been more appropriate.

Charlie

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@RarelyCharlie good call! updated!

Heather225 June 29th, 2020

@RarelyCharlie

Thanks for pointing this out, Charlie! We've moved this over to Listener Learning and Journey. For now, this program is geared toward listeners, and if it's successful, we'll create a module for members as well.

June 29th, 2020

@GlenM That sounds so amazing, thank you so much for introducing this yet another wonderful learning experience. I would love to join!

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@AnastasiaSmith looking forward to seeing you there!

Mankka June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

I wish I could take part in it too. this is a huge opportunityszív

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@Mankka it'll be great to have you join!

Mankka June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

thank you ❤️I look forward to☺️

bookworm274 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

Is this only for people who already have leadership roles or can anyone do it?

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@bookworm274 the training is open to all interested listeners :)

bookworm274 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

Okay, thank you very much, I'll make sure to apply and looking forward to it!

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@bookworm274 glad you will be there!

Erato June 29th, 2020

Woah, this looks amazing! ❤ Great work CMs and @GlenM! c: Looking forward to seeing more great leaders!

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@Erato thank you!

CheeryMango June 29th, 2020

Thank you for this Glen. Looking forward to joining

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@CheeryMango great to have you join!

CheeryMango June 29th, 2020

@GlenM is there a glitch on the site? Some rooms are not showing up when using the browser.

comfortableEyes5 June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

I'm really looking forward to take more leadership roles but I have one question !

The amount of time these leadership forms takes to correct is quite long and it can be discouraging to check Everytime whether you have got any response or not, so at the moment does 7cups have enough listeners which grade these forms ?

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@comfortableEyes5 part of what we are doing is comprehensively strengthening all aspects of training and leadership across our community. With regards to this leadership development program, yes there are people and systems in place to provide feedback on the course requirements (posts, tests etc)

Sandson June 29th, 2020

@GlenM

Glen, this looks wonderful. I am so grateful that there now is an opportunity to create even more strongly qualified leaders for our lovely community. It has always been an inspiration for me to be able to serve this community, and this Program looks like a great chance to develop fundamental self-awareness on how to apply personal strengths to leadership along with a structured and no doubt inspirational education.

Thank you for creating this, and I have sent in my application.

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@Aleks2 thank you for your kind words! Looking forward to having you in the program!

June 29th, 2020

@GlenM this sounds really interesting. I'm looking forward to it and learn new things along the way.

GlenM OP June 29th, 2020

@Magicallykermit58 always new things to learn!

tessie855 June 29th, 2020

This is such an amazing idea! Just applied! 😁

GlenM OP June 30th, 2020

@tessie855 awesome!

Gracie815 June 30th, 2020

@GlenM

This sounds great! Hoping to join soon!

GlenM OP June 30th, 2020

@Gracie815 wonderful!!

blissart June 30th, 2020

Thats wonderful insight to building a more stronger community. Happy to support in my capacities always heart

GlenM OP June 30th, 2020

@blissart awesome! We will welcome your help!