Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths â things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Â

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

November 1st, 2022

@yourbuddy30

It been really good getting to know you on cups and seee how far you have gone so far on cups.

pinkpineapple123 November 15th, 2022

@yourbuddy30

you learned a lot about yourself

that is so good

good job

chocolatebunnyy November 17th, 2022

@yourbuddy30

im happy that you're so motivated to be a leader that's a really good thing

CosmicMiracle October 24th, 2022

1. What is your personality type? CosmicMiracle is an INFJ-A: The Assertive Advocate :)

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself? I've always known I'm INFJ; I was profiled during my uni days and it's always been this personality type. More than half of what was written about INFJs is on point, especially about finding fulfilment in intangible things like helping people and doing good. At least I try.

There's this great and inspiring speech by Wentworth Miller years ago at a Human Rights event. The statement that struck a chord and pulled on my heartstrings at that time became a mantra for me to this day. "Let me be to someone what no one was for me."

I've always aimed to be someone for everyone I come across. I guess that's on point for an INFJ. :)

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them. Apparently, I'm creative, insightful, and principled.

Creative, I agree, because it is very important to me that I am given the space and opportunity to express myself. My thoughts and emotions are usually non-conforming and it is easier for me to see the bigger picture outside the box than the finer details. Give me data, give me technology, give me anything non-art and I can turn that into something creative and unusual lol. What can I say? I spread weirdness.

Insightful, I agree, because I'm a very sensual person and all my senses are present when I communicate and connect with people and situations. A conversation with me goes like this: I don't just hear the words you're saying, I also hear the ones you don't say. I read your gestures, aura, energies, breathing, posture, reactions to what I say, and facial expressions. I stare at you, inhale your presence, reach out and offer a human touch if I feel it's welcome, and listen with my mind and heart. I think it also helps that I'm a highly intuitive empath.

Principled, I agree, because my beliefs aren't just a by-product of how I was raised or what I learned in school. It's a culmination of life experiences, all of it went through a very personal and intense process of trial and error, and just an overall journey to self-discovery and self-identity. I am very open-minded about how other people think and feel and how they perceive things in general. I respect everyone by default. But my principles took decades to form and I stand by them regardless.

Rehan1 December 6th, 2022

@CosmicMiracle

good to learn about INFJ-A personality type.

October 31st, 2022

1 ESFJ-A / ESFJ-T consul

2 i knew most of things already but the strong but the Strong Practical Skills surprise me.

3 a

Strong Sense of Duty. I am really good at getting things done on time.

B

Good at Connecting with Others . I am really good around people.

C Strong Practical Skills

I am really good at keeping track of things I need to do.

Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall November 4th, 2022

@GlenM

My personality type is the logician INTP-A

I learned that I’m actually a person who has a more logical thinking than I thought XD, but before this one i used to be an infp, then an istp and now an intp. Is interesting how people change over time.

Some of my strengths based in my personality type is being open-minded, original and analytical.

This was really fun to do 🌿🌱

@Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall

it's cool you found which personality type described you the best

good job :)

artemis2223 November 4th, 2022

INFP-J because I'm turbulent, easily stressed

I learned that I do my best in understanding other points of view and include them in my overall view.

I learned that I am empathetic.

I learned that others happiness is making me happy.

I learned that I often meet deadlines and I don't plan things and follow impulses and work on energy outbursts.

I am high in self expression. Can express myself really easily in a flowing natural loving way.

The gift of being really vulnerable with people in connections.

The striving to make the world a better, more connected and caring world.

Josh3889 December 1st, 2022

@artemis2223

Thank you for posting & I can relate!

zareya November 7th, 2022

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

My personality type is ENFP

I learned that I am friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, and introspective.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

My top 3 strengths according to this test are curiosity, perceptive, and excellent communication. I am fascinated by things, sensitive to feelings and needs, and a caring listener with the ability to have good conversations with others.

@zareya

that is so fun to learn those things about youself

BenittaJ November 14th, 2022

@GlenM

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

Ans: INTP - T logician

Ans: fewer social circle with deeper meanings.

Ans:

1. I Do prospecting than judging.

2. Thinking.

3. Intuitive.

Adventurer
ISFP-T
i am mostly observant, i feel a lot oof peaple emotions
Charming i can strick up a good converstantion at first ,Sensitive to Others- easily relate to others’ emotions, ,Passionate-quiet shyness beats an intensely feeling heart.

@GlenM

1. I am an INFP (meditator)

2.I learned that I was a really empathetic person and thought more about life in a meaningful way. I also realized that I had strong morals/beliefs.

3. I am idealistic, empathetic, and self-expressive. Idealistic means that I have an ideal way of looking at people. Empathetic means that I put myself in other people's shoes and understand them. Self-expressive means I express myself in different ways like art, writing, and music.

@chocolatebunnyy

Thank you for teaching me about INFP! : )

Immakindlistener22 November 28th, 2022

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters, please.

INTJ - Architect

i have a rare personality type, I like to do things on my own

3. Top 3 Strengths

independent: creative and self motivated. Strive to do things on their own

Curious: opened to new ideas, rational and skeptical.

Determined: ambitious and goal oriented

@Immakindlistener22

Yes Architects are rare, you are one of a kind : )

@Immakindlistener22

you have a such a great personality, its good to be on our own as in this world we cant depend on anyone.

@GlenM

Hello everyone,

1. I am a Consul (ESJF) not a surprise at all!

2. I did not learn much about myself besides the fact that I have a really caring heart & a want to help others. Some of the questions I could not relate to like the one about viewing art museums & that is okay.

3. Some of my super-powers according to the test could be the following:

1. Caring: I care so much about peoples feelings if they are strangers or life long friends.
  2. Social: I am a very social person, I have the power to strike a conversation with anyone & everyone.
  3. Making Things Better: I can take any disaster & make it a positive for others. Lol yes I still have feelings but I do my best to take any situation & really make the best of it.
iStarlight December 2nd, 2022

@GlenM

I love the questions honestly !!
1. My Personality type is Protagonist ENFJ-T

2. The main thing I learnt about myself is that I try to give myself time to feel secure, and fluctuating self esteem, and somtimes i have moodswings which requires time to maintain with the help of people whom i trust. I do admit im sensitive and emotional too.

3. My main strength of mine is that Im smart, good hearted, nature leader, creative, selfless, patient, outwardly enthusiastic, Imaginative, open minded, social harmony, tolerant, sportwoman and supportive.

@GlenM

1- My personality type : Advocate (INFJ-T)

2- Main things i learned about myself is that i trust people too easily and get attached to people, i feel like i am too kind, sensitive but also hard working if required. and love to help people in need.

3- 3 main things as per the tests

a) INTROVERTED: You’re mostly Introverted. You likely prefer fewer, yet deep and meaningful, social interactions and feel drawn to calmer environments.

b) INTUITIVE: You’re mostly Intuitive. You’re likely very imaginative and open-minded, focusing on hidden meanings and distant possibilities.

c) FEELING : You’re mostly Feeling. You likely value emotional expression and sensitivity, prioritizing empathy, social harmony, and cooperation.

CosmicMiracle December 6th, 2022
@Rehan1 we're the same except I'm INFJ-A and you're INFJ-T :D nice to meet another one of the rare! :D
claj333 December 7th, 2022

@GlenM INFJ-T Idealism, determination, envisioning a better future

Strengths: Creative, insightful, altruistic

Weaknesses: Perfectionistic, avoiding the ordinary, prone to burnout

sweetnutella December 8th, 2022

@GlenM

What is your personality type?

This is actually a confusing question to answer because my personally has changed over the years. When I was a little girl, I typed as an INTP. As I grow a little bit older, I typed as an INTJ. So I learned MBTI's cognitive function to fully understand the 'behind the scene' of how this personality typing works, and one thing that I know for sure is I'm an avid user of Extraverted Thinking (Te) which is the main function of ENTJ and ESTJ.

Upon further research, I have concluded that when I might now be fully extroverted, but I have a lot of things in common with ENTJ, so that's how I'm going to type myself in this case.

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

1. I learned that my personality can help me what type of career or even lifestyle that is the most suitable for me;
  2. I learned that despite categorising myself as an ENTJ, I might not appear extroverted because as it turned out ENTJs are known to be quite the ambivert as per this scale:images_1670487701.jpeg-8.jpg
  3. I learned that despite having "good" leadership skills (stereotypically speaking), I'm aware it still is a talent that needs to be exercised, hence my participation in this program.

What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

1. Strategic thinking;
  2. Efficient;
  3. Organised.

claj333 December 11th, 2022

@GlenM

My personality type is:
Advocate
INFJ-T

I am an introverted, intuitive, emotional and empathic person who loves helping others,

My top three strengths/gifts according to the test:

Creativity, Imagination and Sensitivity.

BrokenWingsThatFlew December 16th, 2022

@GlenM

What is your personality type?

I'm an Advocate! INFJ-T ! I do agree that I am a quiet visionary. It's people who have the plan and stick to that ambition that really gets the ball rolling!

Even amongst my peers and junior staff at work, they do find my accomplishments admirable!

What were the main things you learned about yourself?

1. Being an introvert, I learned that I tend to prefer fewer closer friends around me.
  2. As an intuitive, I learned that I am imaginative, open minded and curious!
  3. Being feeling, I am able to value emotional expression and sensitivity.

What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

1. Visionary
  2. Determined
  3. Ambitious
BenittaJ February 13th, 2023

@GlenM

Is this the updated thread ? I just completed my course but that was under Hope n now I'm redirected to this thread ! I'm confused now.

GlenM OP February 25th, 2023

@hope!

CurrySoup12 March 21st, 2023

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? ISTP-A

I am assertive and won't let other people's stress get me down.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test?

Optimism & Energetic - rarely get stressed out when working on a variety of projects

Creative & Practical - Very imaginative and love making ideas a reality

Spontaneous & Rational - Flexible when it comes to changing situations or developing dynamics.

RainbowRosie April 2nd, 2023

@Glen

1. What is your personality type?

🌹 Defender ISFJ-A / ISFJ-T

🌹I have a talent for noticing things as I pat attention to the smallest details.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test?

🌹 Supportive - I enjoy helping others

🌹 Reliable - I take a steady approach.

🌹 Observant - Gives me unexpected insights into other people’s lives and emotions.

eternalCloud4864 April 3rd, 2023

Commander

ENTJ-T

Laugh

2. That I am confident,bold and dreamy ,

3.I learnt that I’m energetic,self confident,strong willed

Heart4art April 12th, 2023

@GlenM I am an ENFJ (Protagonist). My top three strengths are - tolerance, reliability, and charisma. I think it is interesting how the different personality tests relate with each other. I took the Clifton Strengths test for school, and my top trait there said I was a Maximizer. So I think when you combine these two, it shows I'm adaptable and approach most things with a strengths based approach to figure out what the best solution is.