Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

caringHope1976 September 4th, 2021

@Crystaldancer
Hey Ambar. So glad to have you here.

caringHope1976 September 4th, 2021

@GlenM
Hi. It's Aditi. I am from India. I recently watched a musical film of singer Billie Eilish titled "Happier than Ever: A love letter to Los Angeles". It's superb.

JoyfulMovement September 8th, 2021

@caringHope1976
Hi Aditi, I saw it promo'd and was thinking of checking it out, I might have to now!

LavenderFlower September 10th, 2021

@caringHope1976
Here there, Aditi! It's super nice to meet you. I know of Billie Eilish, and I always find her music thought-provoking and creative. I might just go check it out later!

September 7th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello! My name is Nerdtastic, and I'm from the United States. I recently finished a book called 1984, and it was very well written!

@Nerdtastic
Hello Nerdtastic! Nice to meet you. George Orwell is amazing in his writing. His purposes and messages, I find, are always portrayed in such an engaging way. I especially enjoyed Animal Farm.

Jish07541 September 8th, 2021

@GlenM
Hi Everyone, I am Jish from India. The latest book I enjoyed was the autobigraphy of Helen Keller, My Life

@Jish07541
Hi Jish! I'm pleased to meet you. Though I haven't read Helen Keller's books, I find her a very fascinating and inspiring lady. I really hope I will find the time to read that book soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

JoyfulMovement September 8th, 2021

Hi there! I go by Jo or Joy, I am really looking forward to this program and I just finished watching Cruella (and it was super good).

Izzy274 September 12th, 2021

@JoyfulMovement

Hi Jo! It's nice to be on this programme with you :)
Cruella sounds awesome, I'm glad you liked it! I've been meaning to watch it for ages but haven't got around to it yet, hopefully I can soon! Thanks for the recommendation.

courageousheart96 September 27th, 2021

@JoyfulMovement

I enjoyed Cruella too. it was beautifully filmed with many great actors ❤️

@GlenM
Hi there everyone! I'm Lav, and I'm from the Caribbean. I recently finished a book called the Beyonders. It's a fantasy novel full of colourful and vivid imagery, with stress placed on character relationships and development. It's definitely worth the read.

@LavenderFlower

Hi Lav! Nice to meet you :) The beyonders sounds really great, it's always nice to see character development throughout a book! I'll definitely give it a try.

Hey Everyone!
I'm Izzy, from England :).
I'm currently reading a book called the code breaker, which is all about genetics. It seems super interesting so far, and is written in a way that combines the story as well as science and history of genetics. I don't usually read non-fiction but this is nice to try and I'm enjoying it so far!

September 13th, 2021

Hello! My name is Nerdtastic, and I'm from the United States. I recently finished a book called 1984, and it was very well written!

AzraelAlpha404 September 20th, 2021

@GlenM

Hey! My name is Azrael, and I’m from the USA. The most recent (and favorite) book I’m reading is The Winter Ghosts. I really don’t know who it’s by 😅. Hope you all have a great day!

Banjothebudgie September 21st, 2021

@GlenM

Hello, I am Banjo. I am originally from the USA and I don't really read books or watch movies:(

kindFish9215 September 22nd, 2021

@GlenM

Hi there! I'm Sophie and I'm from Canada. Lately, I've been watching The Purge movie series and really enjoyed it.

@kindFish9215

oh, I saw the purge movies, a lot of themes are discussed in the movie.

MindReader798 September 26th, 2021

Hi I am Umar from Pakistan. I like talking, watching movies, playing music, reading, playing cricket and travel. Last book I read was "King of the World" by David Remnick.

@GlenM

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all. I live in Ireland🍀. I am so happy to be part of this program. My favourite book is The Secret Garden 💐🌷🌹🌺🌻🌼 is a novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Recently, I watched Schindler's List, such a memorable, beautiful and heartbreaking movie with exceptional actors and actresses❤️.

wonderfulMermaid5801 September 27th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello everyone! I’m Spanella. I enjoy reading books on psychology, painting, watching movies and long park walks! I’m so excited to be part of this program! :)

jersey123456 October 1st, 2021

Hi! I'm Jersey! I'm from India.

Textingpals October 5th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello, everyone! I am Textingpals aka the "bunny" of 7 cups (and I am very proud of my title :D)

JoyHappyNess October 8th, 2021

Hello there. Joy here. I find it a privilege to be chosen to do this course. This is because it's better to find a trained leader than to find a leader who gambles as they go. Thank you for the opportunity.

JoyHappyNess October 8th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello there. Joy here. I find it a privilege to be chosen to do this course. This is because it's better to find a trained leader than to find a leader who gambles as they go. Thank you for the opportunity.

yourfriend5 October 8th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello all. I am from Mumbai. Glad to be here

lyricalSea85 October 14th, 2021

@GlenM

Hey there! lyricalSea on the other side. A movie i've recently watched and loved is 'The Shack'. My reason for liking this movie is because it's spiritual and teaches why forgiving is important.

IsayUncle October 14th, 2021

Hello, I'm Tom and a Newbie. Does anyone know about 7 cups PREMIUM subscription plans and how to find them. I cant find a link to them.

RationalMe7 October 17th, 2021

@GlenM

I'm Rational from India.

I just watched Pursuit of Happyness and the last book I read was 7 Cups for the Searching Soul.

Moonlemon48 October 19th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello Glen! I'm moon!

I live in India and the recent book I enjoyed was 'the silent patient'

TrickyRicky October 22nd, 2021

Hello everyone! My name is Ricky i'm from Sydney Australia I have been on Cups for a few years now and am starting to get back into it. :)

xinyii11 October 28th, 2021

Hey everyone! I'm Xin Yi from Malaysia! I'm super excited to be here and I can't wait to go through the rest of the course materials. PM me anytime if you want to talk <3

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello, my name is HereToHelp135 and I from the United States. I have recently watched squid game and I am looking forward to season 2. Also, I finished Jujutsu Kaisen and I am almost done with Attack on Titan season 4.

LoveBeautySpirit October 31st, 2021

Hi. I am Love. I am from Canada. I've been reading self help books.

Darius08 November 3rd, 2021

@GlenM

Heyo! My name is Darius and I'm from Romania. Isn't really a book, but a musical I watched in the past, "Hamilton". I just loved it, I recommended it to anyone who wants to learn a bit of history and at the same time to stay with the family.

Love220 November 7th, 2021

Hello. Nice to meet you all :). I'm samar and glad to be a student in LDP program.

Zahraa000 November 9th, 2021

Hi, iam Zahraa from Iraq, I’ve been here for two months and iam so happy to be among you. I love reading self-development and psychology books, I love everyone without borders . And since I’ve been on this wonderful site I’ve been following courses and information of great value here🌱Thank you to every generous person like you💜

Zahraa000 November 9th, 2021

Hi,iam zahraa from Iraq, I’ve been here for 2months and iam so happy to be among you.I love reading self-development and psychology books, i love everyone without borders and since I’ve been on this wonderful site I’ve been following courses and information of great value here🌱Thank you to every generous person like you💜My dear leaders💜

Zahraa000 November 10th, 2021

Hi,Glean and everyone💜Iam Zahraa from Iraq .I studied psychology and I want to learn new skills.I love leadership in all aspectes of my life and i desire it here also in this wonderful Academy. Iam really happy to be among you💜Thank you💜