Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@Danslanuit

oh! haha, well it made your message unqiue :D

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@Danslanuit welcome! I'm not familiar, but great titles!

glisteningEyes July 10th, 2020

@Danslanuit

Nice to meet you Dans!

I hadn't heard of those films, I will give them a watch, thank you.

I love the light gray font that used too! :D

Ruchira September 12th, 2020

Both great movies. I have seen Moonlight and I have will watch Just Mercy. Infact there is a more details covered by "60 minute" based on this true story. A definte must watch

JennMarie2 July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi there! I'm Jenn Marie I live in New York in the Albany area! I just watched the Hamilton musical as well and I loved it!

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@JennMarie2 so good right?

JennMarie2 July 7th, 2020

@GlenM

I was amazing! I love that you are from Mass! I spend A LOT of time there as that is where most of my family lives!

mamtasha22 March 18th, 2021

@GlenM Hi there I am mamtasha and I am 15 and I love cats

@JennMarie2

Nice to meet you Jenn! I haven't seen that musical yet, I will have to watch it :D

smolecho July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

Hey! I'm smolecho, I'm from Utah and a book I've read recently would be Girl in Pieces! Super good book and I think it talks best about the bad or ugly parts of mental illnesses, rather than romanticizes them!

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@smolecho will check that out!

dancingStrawberry34 July 4th, 2021

Hi Im Stephanie from the U.S.and love to sing!

TheGoodHeartedBuddy September 5th, 2021

@dancingStrawberry34
Nice to meet you and welcome! :)

@smolecho

I hadn't heard of that book but I'm defiently going to look out for it! thanks :D

fireyseastar97 October 2nd, 2020

@smolecho

fireyseastar97 October 2nd, 2020

@smolecho

I am currently reading that book. I find it triggering at times, but definitely worth the read. I have to say that I agree with you that it doesn't romanticize mental illness.

Ines1229 December 8th, 2020

@smolecho

Actually read that book, really awesome!

MyNameIsNicole December 17th, 2020

@smolecho

That sounds like a lovely book. Can I get it online as well?

SweetDreamer69 April 13th, 2021

Will definitely read that book. Thanks for the suggestion! 😁❀

friendlytalk July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

My name is Mayank and i am from India.

I am here from 2 years and this journey was one of the best. It makes you learn and also help people from all aspects of life.

Feels good to be a part of this community

GlenM OP July 6th, 2020

@friendlytalk great to have you here! Thank you for joining us on the journey!

@friendlytalk

Nice to meet you mayank! I love this journey too :)

Ruchira September 12th, 2020

@friendlytalk

Hi Mayank. Good to meet with you. My parents are from India too.

Starry1Listener September 26th, 2020

@friendlytalk

It is so cool how this leadership course is connecting everyone around the world.

UnicornsCottonCandy March 25th, 2021

@Starry1Listener

Yes it really is. I'm fascinated right now!

@Starry1Listener
Definitely! It's amazing that 7 Cups is having a global impact!

SirenSymphony21 January 21st, 2021

@friendlytalk

I am from India too?

blindHeart12 March 9th, 2021

@Kindstar45

Hey nice to know someone from India too.

@friendlytalk
It's nice to meet you! Hope you go far on your journey!

ChillWithJordan July 6th, 2020

@GlenM Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well! My name is Jordan and I live in Florida! I am super excited to be starting this learning and growing experience with all of you guys! A book I've enjoyed a lot is The Grace Year by Kim Liggett, 10/10 recommend if you are into romance, thriller, oraor universe genres! I wish everyone the best and thank you for taking the time to read this!

- Jordan β™₯️

@ChillWithJordan

Thank you for the book reccomadation! :D glad to be on this journey with you!

Starry1Listener September 26th, 2020

@ChillWithJordan

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm really into the Universe genre.

MyNameIsNicole December 17th, 2020

@ChillWithJordan

Thank you! Goodluck to you as well.

And that book seems perfect for me.

LozzaLou July 6th, 2020

@GlenM

Im Laura! I'm from Ireland but I moved to England on my own to follow my dream of being a nurse for the deaf! I learnt to sign in Ireland and soon realised that sign language has accents much like us and varies by regions so I had to learn all over again! Haha.

My favourite book of all time is Love, Rosie closely followed by me before you. I think it's because it's set in Ireland where I grew up that I love it so much.

But, as this is a self help website I would like to recommend Matt Haig, Reasons to stay alive. It's a truly beautiful book! 😊

@LauraBee22

That's so awesome that you moved to follow your dreams!

I've read those books too and I've also read matt haig's book and I agree it is really helpful!

The film 'p.s i love you' was set in ireland, have you seen it?

LozzaLou July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes yessss! I love ps I love you and all of the soppy films! GOT was filmed behind my house 😁 I had to go through film crew to get to work I've never seen so much traffic in my life 🀣

@LauraBee22

:D so.. you also love the notebook?

and wow, what are the odds of that happening!!

LozzaLou July 10th, 2020

@glisteningEyes YES! Love Rosie is definitely my favourite film though, I think I've watched it way too many times 🀣

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@LauraBee22

haha. I think I've watched the notebook way too many times!

have you seen bride wars or the vow? If you haven't seen those you should give them a watch :)

LozzaLou July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes yep yep! Love them too! 😁 the vow is so sad 😞