Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tragic Comedy or Comic Tragedy? My Daily One-Liner

adaptableOcean4193 April 2nd, 2023

First Day, My Way.

That means, I make my own rules...more than one line to begin. Just reminding myself that I am allowed to be less than perfectly positive every minute of everyday. I have more emotions than just joyful all the time.

Last line for today...I am grateful that I do experience joy, and that by experiencing hardships, I am able to recognize true joys.

innateJoy9602 April 2nd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193

Love this. As humans, we experience more than just positive emotions. 💜

image_1680455490.png

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 2nd, 2023

@innateJoy9602

thank you so much for that! just what I needed. now if i could just figure out how to talk to type!

SoulfullyAButterfly April 2nd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 love this! I sense gratitude in your reflection

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 2nd, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

you are so sweet. i try but sometimes dont quite get there

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 3rd, 2023

Day 2: Blessed to be feeling much better than the last week and to be outdoors on the deck, in the sunshine with my dog.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 4th, 2023

Day 3 (4/3) so tired but cant sleep---I will pet the cats instead.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 5th, 2023

4/4 ... I want to feel free, so I hope I dream of flying like a swallow or hawk, maybe a kingfisher so I can dip down in the water too.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 5th, 2023

4/5. I woke up feeling refreshed this morning for the first time in so long I can't remember😃

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 8th, 2023

4/6 felt anxious about upcoming procedures, really about not being able to get the preps right in my head. I cant read them myself or get the things i need to follow them.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 8th, 2023

4/7 i feel stupid... Mixed up provedure dates with appointments but now have more time to get correct prep directions and what I need.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 10th, 2023

4/8 I got my deck furniture out today, yay!

4/9 enjoying the deck with family and food and fun!

4/10 another beautiful day doing mindfulness exercises along with PTOT exercises

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 12th, 2023

4/11 fantastic disability support room chat today. I have been crying a lot when I've been in 7cups community. I don't think that's a bad thing. I think I am finally mourning what was lost so I can continue finding what I have. Seems like I've been fighting so long I never gave myself a chance to grieve after losing all of my faculties and one single day. I am so blessed that many of them have come back and are still continuing to get better after all this time. Grateful for understanding and helpful people at home, online, and other places I go.

compassionateOak202 April 13th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 im proud of you ❤️. Hope you continue to stay strong and god bless.

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 14th, 2023

@compassionateOak202

Thank you. That is very sweet as well as very helpful. I'm going to have to remember that one day at a time thing a little better. I have a tendency to be future-oriented. I guess I want everything right now. I should be spending my time appreciating that unlike so many others I don't have to get up for work. hooray! I would have been calling off anyway... I can't even imagine trying to work, while navigating all this physical and emotional illness But I know plenty here do. I say a prayer for all of you.

compassionateOak202 April 14th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 As a constant worrier and overthinker, I would agree that we need to appreciate what we have now instead of trying to think about the past or the future. I also have so much going in my mind but my heart tells me I'm not ready or fully recovered yet. So it's going to take some time before I can make amends with those I've hurt unintentionally and move on. 💙

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 14th, 2023

@compassionateOak202

I see you working to find the authentic you, the one you recognize as good and loving and sometimes angry and hurt. I'm no expert but I expect allowing yourself to actually feel them instead of numbing them allows us to actually empathize with ourselves and others, and learn to be of comfort to ourselves and others. I bet you have already done some making amends and the rest will follow at the right time. You don't seem like kind of person who deliberately goes around hurting others, But it does happen when we can't think clearly due to our own pains. I think you're pretty amazing, And I have read quite a bit of your posts and threads. I know you have been very helpful to me. I hope there are people who are as helpful to you.

compassionateOak202 April 14th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 I'm very touched by your words, Ocean. It means a lot to me. It's been a slow and steady progress, but I feel like I'm getting there. I'm grateful that I've managed to reach out and find myself a support group as well as people here like you. So it feels like I've gained something new after losing what I had. Anyway, thank you. 💖

adaptableOcean4193 OP April 25th, 2023

I have forgotten to come here to post a line per day. That's maybe a good thing. I haven't been in the best of spirits but I think I'm coming back around. I am beginning to accept that this might be the best it's going to get physically. I don't really want to accept that because I'm afraid I will give up too soon, but I'm tired And maybe accepting will give me a reprieve.

compassionateOak202 April 27th, 2023
@adaptableOcean4193 I’m still glad you’re here! 💖 And it’s also okay. I hope you’ll be well soon. ❤️‍🩹❤️
adaptableOcean4193 OP May 9th, 2023

I was upset earlier today at a reminder of what I cannot do for myself, a couple of people here helped me remember what is important, and encouraged me to both ask for help, and possibly accommodations, as well as to stay calm. I am collecting myself now...In the past week, I have done 3 loads of laundry completely, slept as needed, made progress with my eyes, and was able to go to the hospital cafeteria by myself and carry my coffee to a table without aid. I went back for a salad, then again for cheesecake. A silly way to get lunch, but I did it!!! Oh, I also found out that cheesecake tastes the same whether it is right side up or upside down!

compassionateOak202 May 12th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 Apologies for few days late response!

I love plain cheesecake! I would always prefer it as my birthday cake. Anyway, I'm proud of you for being able to get things done. It's a good reminder to pause and reflect before we choose how we want to react when facing the same usual challenges that affect us.

adaptableOcean4193 OP May 12th, 2023

I love the way you think about your replies and give the people you are speaking with a sincere but positive reply. I hope when you are talking to yourself, you are doing the same. You truly are your own best friend, or should be. I wish I had known that a long time ago. I knew I liked spending time with me, doing my own things, but was so mean to myself in my frustrations at any minor mistake or lack of ability. So much wasted time, except for learning. Always seems like I learn the hard way. I suppose it is true, we best learn from our mistakes.

@adaptableOcean4193 thank you Ocean. It's taking me a while now to be able to forgive and accept myself for what I've done in the past, but getting immense support from you and all others I've met has significantly improved my recovery. It really feels good to know that I'm not alone in this journey. And I'm also truly grateful that meeting and talking to you is part of it. 💖😊

adaptableOcean4193 OP May 12th, 2023

prior comment was for CompassionateOak202

Today was an excellent day. I 'graduated' Occupational Therapy. I will assess and likely move forward to Physical Therapy for Vestibular (balance) Manipulation, then if approved, for strength and stamina.

I was able to turn corners with my walker without having to step backward to keep from falling most of the day. I did not stress my messed up rides today, and figured out a way to get home, even though it took a few hours. I visited Walmart and purchased my own groceries, and made it through that big store on my own without knocking things over, getting too tired, or running over anyone. Thank goodness they actually had one human checking out groceries. Self scan does not work for me. I can't see the bar codes.

@adaptableOcean4193 I'm so proud of you, Ocean! Hopefully everything continues to work well for you. I live in the city so I haven't been to Walmart physically in years. But I do have a local Target store that also has self checkouts the last time I visited. I never got to try one myself, maybe someday. Although doing things alone sounds great, I would honestly stress out if something goes wrong on my end hahaha.