Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

LostinTranslation's One Line a Day Thread ❤

LostinTranslation90 April 4th, 2023

❤ Starting date: Tuesday 4/4/2023

❤ I'm OK with responses, I think! Might be subject to change?

I'm not sure why but I feel kind of embarrassed to be posting on here, I'm always afraid I'll look back and be embarrassed or something?

It's going to rain today so I'm very excited for that! I was outside and it got really cloudy and I heard thunder so I am so ready for it. I had no motivation to do any homework earlier but now I really want to finish up my homework for one of my classes and get an exam done for another class and then I can enjoy the rain. I might watch a movie later, I think that would be nice ❤

I'm kind of sad that I haven't really done anything creative since spring break. I was so happy and unburdened by classes, I had all these ideas and I got really into making charms and stuff, and I think classes are just stealing my soul again. I really don't like business and why I even went into it is a very long complicated story (This field is just not for me but it's too late for me to change and honestly I don't think its really even up to me), and I'm trying my best to hold on to my dream of going back to college and going into the degree I want but it feels like it's getting harder and harder. I still don't want to give up on it though. It's got to be possible, it's just that sometimes it feels so far away and so hard to achieve.

Take care and stay safe everyone ❤

LostinTranslation90 OP April 5th, 2023

Homework took up way more time than I thought it would and it didn't rain very much at all :( disappointing. but my kitty was asleep on the chair in my room and was all cuddled up in a blanket ❤ he was just so cozy and fast asleep, it's what he deserves ❤❤❤

I'm kind of down right now cause i have work and class tomorrow, and i really don't want to go to class...instructors this semester just do not seem to want us to pass their classes and I'm really not sure why. I'm kind of disheartened too because there's a volunteer activity going on after my class where people are going to walk dogs at a local animal shelter and I thought it would be really fun and a good way to meet people but i won't be able to go :( i think it might be different if i was living on my own but unfortunately i am not. my parents said i could volunteer at another animal shelter in the summer so I'm just hoping they hold to that and allow me to when summer comes around. oh man but i have summer classes. i feel like i tell myself this every semester but i really hope i can actually make an effort to enjoy summer instead of letting work and class take up all my time.

I think tomorrow I might call and schedule a counseling appointment at my college. it would be good to talk to them about my degree and stress and about getting an ADHD evaluation, I think, among other stuff. i'll do my best 👍

and spring is my favorite season so having just remembered that it's now April and springtime, i've got to try to make an effort to enjoy it. i don't know what i can do though? (does anyone have any ideas for things they like to do in spring/summer?)

I'm going to go get cozy and maybe watch a movie a little bit before i have to go to sleep.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day/night and good dreams ❤ take care of yourselves

RoxyFantastic May 20th, 2023

I like to make giant bubbles in the spring! A slight breeze on a spring day and giant bubbles will surely turn a good day into a great one, not just for you, but for all who see you make them ! 🫧🫧🫧

SoulfullyAButterfly April 5th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90 thanks for joining in! I usually think looking back at writing does feel a bit odd but helps sooo much with things we forget. So I'm trying to also write about better things as well. It feels nice that way to have somethings to look back to.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 6th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I really like that! It sounds really nice to have a collection of good memories to look back on ❤ Take care!

What a day. Yikes. I'm relieved it's over. It started off really good, but right now I'm just glad to have survived relatively unscathed. I want this semester over with and I want to actually start living my life again. Like I literally can't even find my student ID, I had to report it as lost, and my hands keep shaking really badly when i start writing on paper and I have no idea why.

Anyway why does my cat have to be so cute?????? He's just got these big shiny eyes and this tiny pink nose and little white feet with pink beans. And i love when he gives kisses ❤ He always looks like he's smiling when he's sleeping

Also I did it!! I did schedule a counseling intake appointment today!! I really really hope this will help but I'm feeling pretty optimistic!

And I think I might do something nice for myself and order Redwall from the bookstore. I don't really know a whole lot about it, someone in a youtube comment i saw a little while ago mentioned it and i looked into it, and today I read through the whole sample available and it just seems so cute?? They are just little creatures and (tw for mild food talk) the food descriptions sound so good?? And i think it would be nice to have something to read again!

And there was a new episode of my TV show on today, always nice to look forward to!

Take care everyone ❤ Have a good day/night, and good dreams!

Today has been a pretty good day! I painted my nails and I went for a walk outside. I found some rocks that I really want to paint! And I bought Redwall for myself! It should be arriving in a few weeks ❤ It's arriving on a Monday though (not gonna lie I do wish that in the future I can have a job that interests me and that I might even enjoy or get excited about so Mondays are no longer Mondays. I think it's possible, I really do, I know it's gotta be)

And today was so beautiful and sunny, and all the trees and flowers are starting to bloom, there are a few flowers and dandelions already out! And there are some tiny purple flowers at the edge of the woods that are blooming ❤ I really want to plant something again this year, but I'm kind of hesitating because I know my dad will make fun of me and I'll be so discouraged if nothing happens again this year (although, of course I made mistakes, but I do feel that a lot of the trouble from last year was not actually caused by me, and it's a long story, but I do believe that if it had been up to me it might have gone a lot better.)

But every year I learn something new. And last year I was so close to success. I did get four tomatoes from the tomato plants I grew myself last year. 🍅 I'll succeed someday, I know I will, I haven't learned all of this from scratch for nothing

Every day the urge to leave everything behind and travel hundreds of miles away to go live on a farm grows stronger, I'm telling you (today was a good day so this isn't out of dissatisfaction! It's just that I want my farm)

I really do want to get into doll making - there's a lady I watch on youtube that makes dolls, like actual dragons and mythical creatures, and I really want to do what she does! I think it would be so cool to make a bunch of creatures from Subnautica because that's one of my favorite games. I think that might be a little ambitious, though, so I have some other ideas that might be easier to start with but that I still am excited about making! ❤

I hope you all are doing well, having a great day/night, and that any struggles you're going through pass quickly and easily ❤ Take care of yourselves!!

LostinTranslation90 OP April 8th, 2023

Well, today didn't go exactly how I imagined, but it wasn't bad. I spent some time outside and I made some bread today. And I had good dreams last night, which I always love having ❤ I'm very glad I'm not dreaming about homework or anything like that. I'd really miss it if I stopped having really good, fantastical dreams.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 9th, 2023

Someone stop me before i order one of those super expensive but unbelievably beautiful fantasy fairytale dresses

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it ❤

adaptableOcean4193 April 9th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Happy Easter to you! You sound like one of the coolest people and that you look for the good and you do so any fun and interesting hobbies. You are a good writer.

@adaptableOcean4193 That's so kind of you to say!!! Thank you so much! 😊❤ You sound like a very kind person and I hope good things happen to you! Take care!!

LostinTranslation90 OP April 12th, 2023

Oh darn! I missed a couple of days!

Today I decided to spend the day taking care of myself instead of struggling with homework all day. This was the best choice I've made in a long time. I got a lot done that I just kept putting off, I actually read a couple of chapters in one of my favorite books, I went outside, I did a lot of healthy stuff for myself - It wasn't so much self-care as in face masks and stuff, although I love doing those things, it was more self-care as in, what do I need to do for myself, what do I need to do beyond the bare minimum to take care of myself (exercise, laundry, getting vitamin D, etc.). I'm not sure if that makes sense? I still did some homework just to stay on top of it, but I was really careful in that I chose one specific class to work on that I knew I could get done, and when I finished the assignment, I was done, I didn't try to start anything else.

But it's spring, like fully spring now, like it was 70 degrees F outside today. So I'm excited! But it's already the 11th of April! And I'm kind of freaking out because this is my favorite season and I don't want to waste it! I don't want to spend entire days on school, I really need to be more mindful about setting a time for homework and a time for everything else. Like, "okay, I'll work on school from (time) to (time) and then spend the rest of the day doing xyz." And if I'm not finished, that's just too bad, it's not about grades anymore it's about 💐🌼❤✨me✨❤🌼💐 /j

But I went on a walk and there are these tiny little white flowers with yellow centers that have popped up next to the tiny purple ones and they're so cute! ❤❤❤ And today was an absolutely gorgeous day out! This was a good day. I'm glad to have taken it kind of slow and just focused on what I needed to do for myself.

Take care all of you! Have a great day, or a good night, and good dreams!

GP2695 April 12th, 2023

Thank you for sharing! I just want to encourage you, it’s never too late for change. Especially if you know now what you do/don’t want to do. I got my undergrad degree about 5 years ago in a field I wasn’t interested in, tried to make it work with various jobs but that all fell through. Now applying for grad school for a different field and I am SO excited about it. For whatever reason life took me on this winding path to get me where I was supposed to go, but I have no regrets. Be brave and go for your dream!

LostinTranslation90 OP April 16th, 2023

@GP2695 Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this - this means so much to me. This is so encouraging to read! Sometimes, at least in my college, it feels like I'm the only one who has ever been in this situation, or that I'm chasing an illusion, and it gets hard to hold onto the hope that I'll go back and get into my dream field - so seeing this really means a lot to me. I really hope you get into your grad school and that it works out really really well for you! Take care! 😊

LostinTranslation90 OP April 16th, 2023

🌻 🍓⭐

At some point this spring/summer, I really want to drive to the beach town (city?) a little over half an hour away. I tell myself I'll go every year, and so far I haven't, but I really want to go on a nice day. There's a long sidewalk against the channel, and the grass is always so green and people are always walking their dogs, and it leads right to the beach. I always want to just walk along that sidewalk and take in the view. I really want to volunteer at the animal shelter, too!

Also my book is here! ❤❤❤ I'm excited because so far my impression is that they're just tiny mouse knights and I just love that so much

Take care everyone!!! ❤

LostinTranslation90 OP April 17th, 2023

I love days when it rains and you don't have to go anywhere or do anything, so you can just relax and enjoy it!

I hope today's a good day tomorrow - not looking forward to work or class, but the semester is almost over, just got to hang in there a little bit longer

Take care everyone! Have a great day/night and good dreams! ❤

LostinTranslation90 OP April 17th, 2023

⭐🍎 🌻💐💌

Sometimes I consider getting a Nintendo Switch, but it's a little bit of an investment and I'm not sure how much I'd use it? But I've heard so much about Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda, and you can play Stardew Valley and Minecraft on it. It just seems so cool 😊 I'm not sure what other games there are for it? I really like cozy, peaceful games - but action based games are really fun too!

Also I think sometime when the weather is nice, I really want to go to a Michael's or a Joann's Fabrics and get some jewelry findings and charms and make some charm bracelets. I have some ideas in mind that I'd really like to make, and I think it would be fun to see what they have and go from there - I just have all these ideas for so many different things all the time. I think it's okay to try new things though - sometimes I feel bad because I still have sticker paper and shrink plastic left, but I know I'll get back to them soon, and I don't think it would be good to just use them all up in a hurry and have nothing left. I mean, back during spring break, when I kind of had the time/energy/not sure what exactly but everything seemed better, I made a ton of stickers and that wasn't even when I first bought the sticker paper. And I still have ideas for stickers! 😉😊 So I think other factors definitely might play a role. And I don't think it would be good to hold myself back from trying new things that bring me joy because I haven't run out of other things yet

And I'm almost done with my classes!!!! I'm gonna try to finish up a lot of the last assignments and exams quickly, so I can get a little bit longer of a break in between semesters!

Take care everyone! Have a great day/night!

adaptableOcean4193 April 18th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

sleep well! There are quite a few games to play on a phone for free. If you want to try the jewelry making but don't have the funds for it, ask around for jewelry people no longer want or keychains or purses, old magazines or clothing... Depending on what you 'see' in your mind to make you can pull apart old stuff to recycle into something new. Magazine beads can be pretty cool. I make playdough beads. My daughter does all kinds of jewelry and clothing remixes by recycling it into something else.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 19th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 Those are some really good ideas thank you so much!! Magazine beads would be great to do, I have some old magazines I haven't been sure what to do with so that would be perfect! Take care! 😊

compassionateOak202 April 18th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

The nintendo switch is definitely a good investment if you want games that are exclusively available on the switch! I invested on mine just for the Bayonetta series, but I also end up buying games that I also have on PC, because I truly love those games, including Night in the Woods, as well as the Life is Strange Remastered Collection. I frequently play my switch like once or twice a month depending on the mood now. But I do plan on spending time on those games again when my recovery has improved.

(^ー^)

LostinTranslation90 OP April 19th, 2023

@compassionateOak202 Thank you so much!! Oh gosh, Night in the Woods! It's been a while since I played it but I still remember some of the music!! ❤ I just looked at some of the games available, there are a lot that I recognize (I didn't know you could get Subnautica on the Switch!!) and some that I've never played but heard good reviews about, I might consider saving up for it! It might be nice to bring to places or on long trips! I hope your recovery goes well! Take care! 😊

compassionateOak202 April 19th, 2023

@LostinTranslation90 in case if you're on a budget on games, you can look up NT Deals website (also available as an ios app) that will notify any upcoming sales/ discounts for games that you want to play on your switch!

You might find even better discounts for the same games you want from japan e-shop, which would require a separate account for it so it won't interfere with your main one (you'll have to translate text as you navigate there to find out yourself and also make sure the games' offer english or any other preferred language you want). You can find a full guide through a google search if you're interested! I managed to buy 2 games from there at a better price compared to the US sale price.

And yes, some big titles seem to come over to the switch platform which is incredibly nice of them! Anyway, thank you! I hope you take care as well! 💖

LostinTranslation90 OP April 21st, 2023

@compassionateOak202 So sorry for the late response but thank you so much this is really helpful!!! Take care!! 😊

LostinTranslation90 OP April 21st, 2023

Lightning is so cool and I just forgot it exists??? There was a short storm a while ago and I was watching out of the window with my cat, and at that point it wasn't raining yet, there was thunder but very distant and soft, and a ton of lightning so the sky would suddenly light up and the whole yard was illuminated, and the air was really warm and mild - that was some good weather

Also I made a ton of magazine beads! 😊 They're so fun to make, I have a whole theme going - I'm trying to get a bunch of oranges and greens/blues! Something about that color scheme really speaks to me! 🍊🐳

Take care everyone! Have a great day/night! ❤

adaptableOcean4193 April 21st, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Wow! Who loves watching storms and rain and lightning. I always hope they are not destructive, But there is sheer magic in it! It's just beautiful. To watch it with the cat, even better! I'm so happy you got to enjoy that! And maybe next time will be a shower you can go play in. I love to just stand in it and twirl or run around in it. It feels good on my skin.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 22nd, 2023

I had my counseling appointment today - it went so good!!! Everyone was super nice, and the waiting room was so comfortable and cozy. I'm really hoping that the sessions will go really well! I spent the rest of the day finishing up some homework assignments. I'm relieved they're done and over with! I'm also very proud of myself for driving there and back! ⭐

And tomorrow I'm really hoping to make some strawberry brownies! I saw a pin about strawberry brownies a while ago and they looked gorgeous ✨ There's a recipe I found that uses strawberry cake mix and just changes the ingredients so it's more of a brownie texture, and there's a glaze to put on them, and the pictures are just beautiful ❤❤❤

Only a few more days and then classes are over with!

Take care and have a great day/night!

adaptableOcean4193 April 22nd, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

I am so glad things went well. I hope you have found the right place and right person to help. And of course, that you continue here as well. May I have a strawberry brownie, please? Or the recipe?

LostinTranslation90 OP April 22nd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 Thank you so much!! Absolutely - here is the recipe I'm going to try! 😊 I really hope it turns out well!

https://www.southernmadesimple.com/strawberrybrownies/

These are two other ones I found - they're both very similar but with small changes (vanilla/strawberry extract added, butter instead of oil), and more of a frosting on top instead of a glaze!

https://fantabulosity.com/strawberry-brownies-recipe/

https://www.thecountrycook.net/strawberry-brownies/

Take care! I hope you have a great day!

adaptableOcean4193 April 22nd, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Thank you so much! Now I can have some too. Strawberries always brighten my day. Mine are growing very quickly, already flowering.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 23rd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 That's so incredible!! That must be so wonderful to see them growing and flowering, and it's all through your own efforts too!! 🍓 Do you mind if I pester you with questions? I'd love to grow strawberries one day, how much space and attention do they need?

Take care!!! 😊

adaptableOcean4193 April 23rd, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Mine took over my garden but I am fine with that as I have plenty of room to expand. The best I have ever gotten were in a hanging planter. They can also be planted in pots. I prefer ever-bearing type.

LostinTranslation90 OP April 23rd, 2023

I made the strawberry brownies! Unfortunately, I will have to wait until tomorrow to test them, because today went very strangely, but I hope they taste good! I know you shouldn't eat uncooked batter but it tasted like a sugar cookie! And it smelled really good! I added vanilla to mine, and I'm hoping it was a good choice!

Also birds are just so cool, like within the same group you have cranes, herons, pelicans, eagles, swans, hawks, owls...and then you have chickens and ducks ❤❤❤ And tiny little birds that hop around ❤

Take care!! Have a great day/night and good dreams!

adaptableOcean4193 April 23rd, 2023

@LostinTranslation90

Beautiful thoughts for a strange day! The brownies will be even better with anticipation! I will probably use almond extract rather than vanilla...i like the cherry-ish flavor of it. Sweet dreams...or good morning sunshine!

LostinTranslation90 OP April 24th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 Almond extract is a really good idea!!! I hope they turn out really well! 😊

LostinTranslation90 OP April 24th, 2023

I got to try the strawberry brownies 🍓❤ They're very good!! I would definitely make them again!!

Today has been a little bit of a tough day - I hope tomorrow will be better. I had the worst time trying to focus on my last few homework assignments, and the whole day felt pretty rushed and chaotic. But there's still plenty of things I'm looking forward to, and it's much calmer now, so that's good.

Take care everyone! I hope you all have a great day/night and good dreams! ❤❤❤

LostinTranslation90 OP April 25th, 2023

Today was pretty good! I'm glad work is over with, and I'm also really glad I went on a walk after I got home. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to try to work it into my day before dinner, but I got plenty of time and it was really nice to spend time outside.

I feel very grateful for kind people. It's pretty amazing to consider that there are people out there that decide to become therapists/counselors, healthcare workers, veterinarians, teachers, etc., because they want to help people. It's just incredible to me because these professions are not easy, but there are some truly kind, compassionate people out there doing them, and with seemingly endless patience. That's amazing to me. Sometimes I just really love people ❤

I am hoping to run to the store tomorrow to pick up some fruit! We'll see how it goes!

Take care everyone, and have a great day/night!

LostinTranslation90 OP April 27th, 2023

Tomorrow is a new day ❤

LostinTranslation90 OP May 1st, 2023

May 1st!!!

I'm done with today though, I'm so tired and today has been taxing

I'm glad to be able to relax now, and I hope tomorrow is better

LostinTranslation90 OP May 19th, 2023

Okay! Been a while!

So...things have been a little rough as of very recently. I'm trying to do things right now that bring me some joy to get through the rest of the day, and tomorrow I'm going to see if I can possibly set up an earlier appointment with my counselor. Right now, I'm just going to listen to some music or a movie and practice drawing pixel art.

Take care everybody :-) Have a great day/night!

LostinTranslation90 OP June 21st, 2023

trying not to dump way too much info but i am really, really struggling right now and i have no idea what to do, who to go to or how to ask for help, or even really how to put everything into words. if you feel comfortable sharing, what do you do to calm yourself down or bring comfort? especially when it feels like things are out of your control?