Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

12-22-2k23

Modal0154 December 23rd, 2023

https://www.7cups.com/forum/journal/General_2520/8292023_311904/

December 12th

It's not b/c of an imaginary pressure I'm putting on myself to review things before my nephew arrives..

on the basis of 'chronological distance' of ~+a decade, I've earned the right to revisit earlier online journalling stuff I did..

https://www.psychforums.com/blog/xod_s/how_i_can%CA%B9t_understand_the_good_of_selffulfilling_prophecies_b-3449.html

___

https://www.psychforums.com/blog/xod_s/a_list_of_findings_so_far_b-9172_sid-18ba4c1aef82388f25c054d1e8672109.html

5. Don't be afraid of how far back you have to go to embrace something to your identity from before you were as messed up. 

The events of reality, in the historical sense etc, of that which happened while you were between age's 7-17, that span of 10 years or "a decade, the wide network of impacts it had, can become the ones which very much wind up embedded in your core

i.e.2029 or 2030 to 2036 or 2037 for my 'Gen Alpha' nephew

The blessing of a personal journalling track which covers more than a decade + perspectives like can help mitigate/give a firm resistant to thinking you'll succumb to senescence in terms of life/worldview and attitude instead of prevailing in the face of it.

'New batch' same vulnerabilities or insecurities..

[the last entry on my previous journal seems good enough to be the starter for this one]

Modal0154 OP December 23rd, 2023

Being a productively active 'night owl' goes hand-in-hand with being competent in winter. Being a productively active 'night owl' goes hand-in-hand with being embracing winter.

Modal0154 OP December 23rd, 2023

Siestare

Modal0154 OP December 25th, 2023

Jejeje, the new difference of the risk of running in the red since my future in-law's b-day is in early January and my expectant nephew might be later this month.

Modal0154 OP January 1st
Feliz Nuevo ano al 2024 !
Modal0154 OP January 3rd

This applies to where we currently are chronologically ?: 

1000004472_1704264939.png

Modal0154 OP January 4th

It now makes sense to me how someone who's entering Blur after Gorillaz can more likely accept 'The balled of Darren' and 'The magic whip' than someone who'd been listening to them since their early years .

I can very much imagine Jamie Hewlett directed Gorillaz music videos for a fair amount of 'The magic whip'.

Modal0154 OP January 6th

My uncle era presumably begins before Valentine's Day.

Modal0154 OP January 11th

When it comes to imagining alternate timelines scenarios, I suppose I can still imagine a timeline wherein my sibling meets their partner at the very least on a different date if not different circumstances and yet in some while that title still emerges for me 

When I saw the trailer for 'My love lies bleeding' earlier this week, I was so gracious for the music in the trailer since it reminded me of a certain tune I'd've heard on the radio 10+ yrs ago which I've remembered as calling 'The techno scream' in my mind, since pinning down (what seemed like) vocal but lyrical-less electronica based music in that pre-Shazam app era is difficult.

For a long time I've imagined (before the upcoming animated version or barely pre-COVID CW/Arrow-verse specials) that if the DC 'Crisis on infinite earth's ' special event of the 80's were to be adapted and have a trailer that, 'the techno scream' song would be the trailer music in a steadily suspense building and exciting trailer (https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1254385423/alex-ross-signed-crisis-on-infinite).

I pinned the song in that trailer as being some take of 'Smalltown boy' by Bronski boy maybe more particularly 'Tell me why' by 'Supermode' released in '06 ,which I can seeing adding up as probable for being the one which was cemented in my mind all these years.

I do think that, the 

Modal0154 OP February 21st

https://youtu.be/w6jtfmXziNQ?si=Gk--oIlxHKWcPOQc&t=105

got my attention for it's mere mention of 'look for it on digital' and not even 'and DVD'

Hay un diferencia entre mi 'periodisimo' y mis comentarios. Hay un diferencia entre el 'periodismo que comparto' con los comentarios que hago acerca de entrenamiento o lo que sea.

___

Cogent and appreciated point: https://www.reddit.com/r/HeyArnold/comments/192ntmz/comment/kh4i9hd/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

`_` Keen of ppl to point out how contention of non-pc elements aside, how much of 'Hey Arnold !' wouldn't really work out nowadays with smartphone yielding prepubescents.

Er, what points of 'Hey Arnold !' wouldn't work out [since..]

Tom Scott's left, Game Theorist has announced how he's dipping out come March..

and already takes like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiumkWOGp3A and on a more joke-y basis

https://youtu.be/a47De7vVDB4?si=DaQj5EjNcemvbBWX

are setting off..

hmm, maybe me semi-drifting off to certain streaming platforms isn't too bad an idea..

Modal0154 OP January 17th

Me thinking about how Ariana Grande kind of seems like a Caucasian presenting version of one of my cousins, finally happens when I see this thumbnail: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSIECvCLfI0

Modal0154 OP January 20th

This same cousin on my mind had her son earlier this evening and her birthday is on Sunday which I bring up with the confidence of knowing that she shares it with my sister.

___

I while watching a reaction video of a couple (~'YaBoyRoshi') to (I think) one of the earlier episodes of Netflix's 'Beef', how the title host YouTuber said for a scene that one thing they didn't like about art school was the museum scene, which I appreciate being mentioned in that I really think that a fair amount of people don't quite realize how deeply embedded a sort of subculture art museums scenes are, and the part of me would dare to speculate that this really caught on as much more of a thing with all the stereotypically low effort seeming art which came after the invention of photography gradually had a much more strongly relevant part in displacing academic teaching about painting with representational realism.. that's not to say that it wasn't already a 'hoity-toity' rich ppl leisure pursuit in one sense.

`_` `u` funny thing is for me is how at the one church which is the origin point for my relationship with Catholicism I already had 'an exposure' to the sort of exalted fancy representational realism of about 5 centuries ago in what art I saw on the ceiling and walls (I wouldn't be surprised if this came in part because of how it was kind of shared with the Italian worshiping community).

Modal0154 OP January 18th

I have seen AI art generators which will make your inputs look like anime characters, cubist art, certain painting styles but I've yet to see one which will 'Lego-fy' any inputs which is a pity since I've personally have found it to be one more consistent sources of fun when it comes to seeing outputs.

Modal0154 OP January 18th

One I've seen that'll do origami versions of inputs is cool even if I'm low on ideas for when it comes to things I'd fancy to see done in origami.

Modal0154 OP January 19th

A tie-in for my dance lessons

Pixel art,pixel art,pixel art, I'll remind you that for those dance lessons in salsa and the other Hispano-Carribean styles listen to piano or at least instrumental (lyric-less) takes.

Modal0154 OP January 20th

Comment from https://youtu.be/Otu39FUqlxQ?si=gsN0x6uN5xffxW-v

1000004781_1705785936.png

I expect to feel in a better headspace, come my sister's birthday tomorrow.

Modal0154 OP January 27th

Can't make a 'cleaner edit' of the transcript part which got my attention, right now but will say how the sources is ~9:04-10:00 from here https://youtu.be/5fiMBpdYi2I?si=-APua0KbUsbUCPLJ&t=544

Interestingly enough people self-report
9:10
their lives generally continuing to
9:12
improve as they become increasingly
9:14
wealthy but in actuality that's not the
9:17
case according to one study the
9:19
frequency and intensity of feelings
9:21
ranging from Joy to anger to sadness
9:24
actually stops changing much once you
9:27
make it to the ranks of the middle class
9:29
in the past estimates of that magic
9:32
number where wealth stops buying
9:34
happiness have ranged from 50 000 to 75
9:38
000 though this doesn't take into
9:39
account inflation or say the cost of
9:41
living in bigger cities like London and
9:43
San Francisco whatever the exact number
9:45
the bigger Point seems to be when people
9:48
have enough money to take care of their
9:50
primary needs and enjoy some amount of
9:52
material pleasure a big raise is

9:55
unlikely to make them that much happier
more *polished* edit is what I meant to say
Modal0154 OP January 21st

I will say that when it comes to being 'terminally online' there's an arguable risk in that sooner or later attributes you ascribe to yourself, you might later categorize as per stuff you come across online (and I don't only mean a new phrase or word for the personal vocabulary either). The key is to understand that ascribing yourself to it is only temporary, maybe very well only based on conditions even if it might mean your natural lifespan.

An addendum to recent (other) journal posting.

Modal0154 OP January 23rd

Warmth somehow comes to mind when I hear this faux vintage music: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXlsahEUNU&pp=ygUYc3ludGh3YXZlIHJvbWFudGljIHJhZGlv

Modal0154 OP January 23rd

Even if you always have the hair texture, a bowl cut and curtains are difficult to pull off into adulthood for the male presenting as pigtails might be the female presenting.

Modal0154 OP January 24th

In 2022 one of the biggest food-based mis-spendings I think I made was almost ~$20 on a large yogurt container worth of alfredo sauce powder (which is still there with the relevant receipt part still taped on it, as with the notably less costly mac & cheese powder similarly underused ). For last year, at more or less double that cost I think it was a big bag of protein powder I got from Costco which appeals to me less because of the utterly unnecessary vanilla tinged sweetness which comes with it.

I kind of wonder how it would be despairingly ironic it'd be if someone were to become like pre-diabetic or such because of consistently using *sweetened* protein-based nutritional supplements.

Modal0154 OP January 25th

I'm saying this w/an interest in my health.

The 'eye[lid] twitch' which happens on it's own for (I think) a lack of a relaxed, unstrained eye 'give or take dryness' is somewhat alleviated by a morning application of eyedrops around the time in which I'd apply eardrops as well. Sometime ago whilst sleeping over at my family's I'd've sworn I brought both along in a baggy but I don't know where'd I put it afterwards.

It's a bleeding drag to not know there whereabouts what with the uncomfy compromised I've'd to make the past ~2 weeks with contractors doing work in my room after the wall humidity aftermath from the sprinklers going off a floor above me. Supposedly, on the morrow it'll be there final day working within my apartment at least even if they'll still be present on hallway work come next week.

More so than today, my one eye (maybe it was my left ?, that one still feels strained even currently) was kept closed for a fair amount of my morning washroom stuff which I'd reckon to think it wouldn't were the drops to be found.

Modal0154 OP January 26th

It is raining hard. The privilege of living here which was highlighted as relatives rough me off earlier rings from my mind all the more.

I've a mind to call dancing and dances, 'stepping puzzles' -- also bed cloth based laundry time.

___

When you constantly look into causation as to understand what's present (as w/looking into history to understand the present contemporary), you might add up an understanding as to the etiology of things, one branch as to how the mind works and sees things in narratives or something like that.

___

That part in 'Les Miserables' where Jean Valjean puts on a uniform to head despite having his own agenda out into the frenzy of the revolt Marius is involved with while worrying about what Cosette's to do ?..that'll be me, w/my own priorities and private chores, when I get update of being able to visit nephew before Valentine's/my dad's birthday we'd think.

I'd not've fought before seeing this that it was feasible nowadays to be a stowaway on an airplane: https://nypost.com/2024/01/27/news/russian-man-sergey-ochigava-found-guilty-of-being-a-stowaway-to-lax/

*the*ought not fought.

Lovely misty fog while leaving work. Making me wonder how how it might differ if I were on a more coastal area (a few blocks north into the city at the shore of Lake Ontario which we call Bayfront).

I'm glad for how when I was a toddler my parents told me things which deterred me from liking bullfighting, even though I don't think I ever got comments about how a fueling eye appealing, I found rodeos which definitely rely on an element of compromised animal welfare as well but not nearly as often, apparently to an extent as fatal (for the animal; I'd like to think that nowadays there are vets on the sidelines ?).

I remember also a handful of times when near grocery stores. I would go on a little mechanical vehicle for a bit.. watching this music video* and the smooth the song, I see a mechanical bull which I have heard of adults riding at country themed bars etc. I would think that those are more intense in their own ways than the sort of things I rode on when I was a toddler and I wonder if I had known of them back then that I would have understood all the better that the thrill of being on an agitated hoofed farm animal could be met without a compromise to a non-human's well-being.

* https://youtu.be/vR-4l5M_MQ8?si=zxNC4XwBq27cPFFc

Modal0154 OP January 28th

still on the topic of transportation..

`_` '_' D--n. Surely, to someone less ignorant in the ways of driving then I am this'll mean something..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Suburbanhell/comments/193zn2s/siena_compared_to_highway_interchange_in_houston/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Modal0154 OP January 29th

Hay un poema de Langston Hughes en que dice que la libertad tiene que ser luchado por cada generación..

me hace pensar como la libertad es igual un concepto abstracto como la fuerza pero no significa que haga cesar que la gente se asfixia tanto sobre eso. Con la fuerza esta fusionándolo con tamaño pero no soy corrientemente segur que seria el equivalente para la libertad..un equivalente que igual que fusionando la fuerza con el tamaño es/seria un fuente que desfortunadamente no hay escasez de los que sigirian ese concepto en un modo mal aconsejado y/o destructivo.

Modal0154 OP January 30th

You were a real one

Ese momento cuando decides que la memoria de la mama recientemente fallecida de un amiga es mas precioso que los sonidos de abusos tontos y banales igual en el 2007 como en el 2024 por nunca haberbiendo falta de p--d--j--s para quienes pensando afuera de horas pagados es un novedad. Ese momento cuando decides pensarles como amiga o amigo por tal del compulsion de teniendo que atender a dolor distinto...momento temporario antes del regreso al incomodez al concepto de confiar a quien y como contarlo como amigo o no.

QDP

Modal0154 OP January 30th

Context, later maybe