Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Coworkers Suck

reallyoverallofit August 7th

I've been at my job for six years and the job stinks. The first two years were good. Then the pandemic hit. Then I got chronically sick. My bosses started retaliating against me because I was sick all the time. I found out my main partner/coworker was being paid significantly less than me and found that outrageous and unfair so I told him to ask for a raise. He not only got a raise, a year down the road he got promoted. I asked for a raise and promotion and got told I wasn't qualified... despite the fact that I trained my promoted coworker and am much more competent than my bosses. I have another coworker who would call off all the time and receive zero retaliation. In fact, she would leave a week's worth of work for my promoted coworker to have to do - her work on top of his. These two coworkers, the promoted one and the always calling off one have been friends and confidants for a long time. But in the last year they've both gotten to be fairly *** people. My promoted coworker heard the bosses taking my ideas for themselves and didn't speak up for me. He never speaks up for me. My bosses *** on me and plot to make my life suck and my promoted coworker will just tell me afterwards but won't speak up for me. The always calling in coworker treats me like I'm a side friend now. I am 14 years older than her and now, I guess, she thinks I'm due for a retirement home. Really sucks because she was so much fun for so long. This place isn't what it was when we were all starting and happy. I hate it here. I want out. I've been looking for nine months. I am tired of looking. Now, I hear my promoted coworker had a job specifically written for him at a university that one of my bosses who quit left to. Would be great if my promoted coworker ever spoke up for me so that boss didn't think what all the toxic bosses say about me. Guess that's asking too much. Guess meeting people with ethics and supportive personalities just isn't a thing. I am grumpy and mad today. 

slowdecline48 August 10th

Keep looking. Pay attention to what HR people & recruiters (if you're dealing with recruiters) say, especially when it's about the company they work for. Pay attention to what they don't say, as well. If you ask a question & the answer does not satisfy you or if (s)he/it refuses to answer directly, move on.

Once a workplace goes to s***, there's no saving it ot making it good again.

reallyoverallofit OP August 10th

@slowdecline48 Honestly, yea. It's sad but yea. Our place used to be so fun and it's just getting worse and worse now. Everyone seems miserable.