Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Life's Changes

777Bre777 October 6th, 2021

I'm new here and wanted to first take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Bre and I'm a full-time student in Seminary (so yes, I'm a Christian and may talk about it sometimes). I have a chronic illness, mental health issues and deal with chronic pain from fibromyalgia. In my free time, I love to read, do crosswords, and do lots of crafts.

I'm going through some changes in my life right now. This is my first semester as a full-time student. It's been interesting and time-consuming so far.

I've also chosen to leave behind some chat groups that weren't really helpful - some were creating FOMO. That's one of the reasons I'm here, to chat with others since I'm home 90% of the time due to my health.

Just yesterday I found out that my insurance may not pay for my therapist anymore. I really liked her so this is hard to hear since I rarely like a therapist - but who does lol

I'm investing in myself because I know I'm worth it - you are too. I'm not letting these things get me down but instead, I'm using them to help me move forward. I look forward to making many new friends along this journey.

777Bre777 OP October 7th, 2021

It seems that things aren't going to improve anytime soon. My chronic pain is so bad it's almost unbearable. I can't get in to see a rheumatologist until April and my neurologist's office doesn't answer their phone/email. I set up an appointment with an online therapist for tomorrow but in the meantime, my night terrors are back with a vengeance - now I get stuck in them even after being awake for a bit.

hols99 October 7th, 2021

Am here if you ever need to talk

777Bre777 OP October 9th, 2021

Being told by a listener last night that I should just "stop being lazy" and my diagnosis is "fictional" really triggered me. My Mom use to tell me all the time to "stop acting."

Let's share some compassion people. We're all here for a reason. Being judgmental isn't one of them.

Sorry, I just needed to post this rant somewhere lol

RarelyCharlie October 9th, 2021

@777Bre777 You reported the listener, I hope. It's the only way these listeners can get help.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie October 9th, 2021

@777Bre777 Oh, sorry. I see in another thread that you did report the listener.

Charlie

777Bre777 OP October 15th, 2021

Learning that I need to be gentler to myself. I push and push even though I have multiple health issues. Finally got a disability accommodation for school so I can take longer to do the work but it means it'll take longer to get my degree so it's a win/lose situation. I can't keep going like this though. Thankfully now I don't have to.