Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Before June

reservedSkies9743 August 22nd, 2022

I hate June. For whatever reason that "bad anniversaries" for me are all clustered together in June, and this last June was especially awful. I am trying to do something every day to make sure next June isn't as bad as last June.

Today I'm meeting with a nurse practitioner for a psych evaluation. I can't express how much I do not want to do this, but not doing it for years doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere, so...

Happy900 August 22nd, 2022

@reservedSkies9743 Glad to hear this.

I hope things get better for you.

reservedSkies9743 OP August 23rd, 2022

Today was hard to do something useful and forward-thinking because it was my first day of a new commute from a new home to a new office. But I did finally send out the mass email about my new address. I'd been putting it off, partly because I knew it would mean leaving out a formerly close friend. (Friendship didn't end over anything dramatic... or maybe it did, if her sister "got" me in their sisterly falling out. But it's still sad.)

reservedSkies9743 OP August 24th, 2022

@reservedSkies9743

And today's task was easy to find since there's a neighborhood meeting tonight. The kind of thing that used to make me anxious back when I could feel things. Yesterday the first of my new neighbors I've met banged on my door to say he had a notary waiting at his place and could I come over and sign the neighborhood petition about this-and-that. He was dressed business casual like he'd stepped out of the office... I was wearing yoga pants and a glittery souvenir t-shirt, and walked barefoot across the parking lot to his place. Oh and I may or may not have finished off the bottle of wine the realtor gave me just before he came over.

So that went well what with me making a first impression in the new neighborhood and all.

reservedSkies9743 OP August 26th, 2022

Checking the box for yesterday and today... I now have flowers planted at my front door. And I got it done instead of working through lunch trying to fix work related-issues that it is not in my power to fix.

reservedSkies9743 OP August 28th, 2022

All boxes are unpacked as of this weekend, which is something, anyway. It's odd how many sentimental things you find when you move... that you should have thrown out five moves ago.

brightPenguin4569 August 29th, 2022

@reservedSkies9743 Hi there. I hope you'll enjoy your new home! I know how hard moving to a new place is. (I moved home 4 times in just 6 years).

I actually found it helpful to hold on to "sentimental things that should have been thrown off 5 moves ago". It brings familiarity to a new place and can help ease the adaptation. Best wishes to you!