Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Empathy and compassion

Catmomj99 May 31st

I think to me empathy and compassion is something that really stood out for me. We live in a world where we are so engrossed by the hustle and bustle that we completely forget treating not only others but also ourselves with love and respect. To be part of a community in which you can relate, talk to without being judged is something I feel is very important for a community to thrive. To feel heard when you feel alone I something that really helped me and I know how important it is. Just an act of kindness can give you hope and sometimes hope is the only thing one needs when they are at the lowest. 

We should not forget that we all need each other and this compassion should not only be restricted to humans but to other beings too that are co existing in the ecosystem together.

I remember my mother and I used to place water bowls outside our houses so that the stray animals whenever they felt thirsty could drink from it. Just to give in a context we live in  a society where people have individual houses as it is a mountainous region so we don’t have apartments as such. So we started it and we noticed how everyone around us started practising the same thing. Also the kids in our locality became more compassionate and instead of hurting them or being afraid started taking care of them. And we received that compassion back from those animals too. Not even a single case of attack by any stray animal has been reported till date.(if it concerns you)

To empathise is to let yourself in their position and feel what they are going through right now. compassion and kindness is something this cruel world needs to make it a better place to live. 

Have you ever anytime in your life felt empathy and compassion from anyone maybe a stranger that left an impact on you? Do share your stories! 

Tinywhisper11 May 31st

@Catmomj99 awww what a great thing you and your mum started ❤❤ I've had a few instances of a stranger's compassion that really helped me, the nurse at the hospital when I was rescued, she would sit with me for hours and try to keep me calm. My carers just go above and beyond to look after me ❤and then 7 cups, I've made so many friends here, received a lot of kindness and on my last birthday the posts and things people said and done for me, I felt loved for the first time ever ❤

now I try my hardest to be a friend to all, and spread as much love and kindness as possible ❤

we are all here changing the world, one kind deed at a time ❤

Catmomj99 OP May 31st

❤️❤️❤️That’s really nice. I am glad you have such beautiful people around you and you have found friends here. You get what you project and I think you totally deserve all the love in the world. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Also I would take this moment to appreciate you for your kindness and love you give to everyone.

You truly are a gem! 💎 ❤️😇

Tinywhisper11 July 28th

@Catmomj99 awwww thanks sweetie ❤❤ your so kind ❤❤ hugs you tightly

Hollytail June 2nd

@Catmomj99 That's so cute to hear about how you and your mom cared about the animals!!! To answer your question: I once got help from a stranger in the subway. Once we were traveling in another country that the prevalance of English was low and spoke a language we didn't know. We unfortunately got lost. To our surprise, the people in that country were so kind, even it was not that easy for us to communicate with each other, a lots of them came and helped me and I was like really touched by them and definitely want to travel back again. 

Catmomj99 OP June 3rd

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing such a beautiful experience of yours! I am glad there are people who make this cruel world a little bit better, kinder and hopeful. I am happy that you got to experience such kindness in a foreign land! 😇🥰

CreativeKombucha July 22nd

@Catmomj99

Over the weekend, due to a global network glitch, thousands of flights got cancelled at our airport. In fact, a very close friend of mine had plans to take a trip to another city by plane and attend an event. He really looked forward to the event.   However, when I learned that his flight had been cancelled twice, I was very angry because he looked forward to that trip.    So I checked up on him on Saturday to see if he was ok. 

Feelfree667 July 27th

@Catmomj99

It is really a great thing which you and your mother did for the stray animals. Yes you are completely right. Now a days I thing being compassionate towards other people is very necessary.  Even in this bustle lives we didn't even care ourselves and forget that there is so many things which er need to be care them. 

Maslow July 27th

@Catmomj99 Saw a women fall, thought about how it could have been me

Angelanj July 29th

@Catmomj99 I can recall a moment where I received empathy from someone. Really, it was a quite simple thing. I was about to give up trying to carry this extremely heavy backpack up a flight of stairs when he popped out of nowhere and offered help. It seemed as though they could sense my struggle. It was not necessary for them to help but they did, and it was extremely helpful. Even though it was a tiny gesture of compassion, it meant a lot to me. It let me realize that people may express their concern even in the smallest things.

seaturtle54 July 31st

@Catmomj99

Haha I have a kind of silly story about this! One time I was really stressed out because in P.E. my lock broke and I was really stressed out because I wasn't dressed and class was about to start, so I went to tell my teacher who I expected to be really mad, but she was actually really nice and accommodating and she even stayed with me to help me get the lock open, then gave me a new lock at the end! I felt like she really recognized how stressed I was and helped calm me down and fix the problem.