Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciation

Paul07 August 19th

Appreciation stands out as a core value in my life. Appreciation, in my opinion, is a way to show gratitude for not just the actions of others but also inclusive of self-appreciation. Reflecting on myself, I see how crucial this value has become to my personal growth.

Self-appreciation is a really important aspect of my life, as to recognise that my efforts have had an effect is a great way to brighten my day on days, I feel like I haven’t done enough 😊

Appreciation also helps build connections, as it helps bridge people together as they feel valued. It  isn’t just a passive feeling but an active practice that shapes our interactions with others and helps us see the world in a different light.

My life transformed as I began embracing appreciation. Here’s how:

• Each day, I woke up with a mindset of gratitude by setting my day’s intentions, “Today I am willing to appreciate…

• I made it a routine to recognize and appreciate the positive aspects of my life, which helped me to stay happy and at ease.

This daily practice eventually made appreciation a natural part of who I am. Now, it’s second nature for me to express gratitude and recognise that there is always a sliver of good in every bad situation I find myself in.

What core values do you integrate into your daily life, and how do they shape your interactions with the world?

Hermionetps August 25th

@Paul07 I think you hit a honest nerve

Hermionetps August 25th

@Paul07 my fourth one on appreciation but still taught me so much more, thanks for this

Paul07 OP August 30th

@Hermionetps Thank you so much for taking the time to read it, I can get a bit wordy at times haha

mineofroses September 1st

@Paul07

Thanks Paul for sharing your Idea of Appreciation. I appreciate that. I agree to the point that Appreciation makes feel others valued. And Self-appreciation is important as well.

-The foremost core value for me is Empathy, Sometimes all the circumstances are against, everything is odd, all we can do is to empathize and try to understand their situation. It isn't important to reach conclusion but acknowledging each one's feeling is magical.

FirmWind September 2nd

@Paul07

Your routine sounds like a really great idea. I'm going to give this a try. 

To reply to your question about core values, the number one value I have is love and affection. The society I live in seems to accept hate and violence far more easily than love, and I make it my daily mission to change that for the better by caring, and by appreciating others in my life.

Ashen4 September 6th

@Paul07

It's awesome to hear how appreciation has changed your life! Personally, I think that I integrate kindness into my daily life in that I always try to treat others with patience and give them grace in our interactions—and generally they are kind to me in return, which has improved my life.