Community /

IDG 7 Cups Community Hub

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Evolution of Values: Embracing Change
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
September 11th
...See more Values are fundamental beliefs and principles that guide our attitudes, behaviors, and decision-making. They play a crucial role in shaping our identities and influencing the way we interact with the world. It's fascinating how these values can transform throughout our lives due to a variety of factors. Life experiences often serve as catalysts for changes in our values. These experiences can be both positive and negative. For instance, personal achievements, such as landing a dream job or achieving a long-term goal, can lead to a greater emphasis on values like ambition or perseverance. On the other hand, facing adversity, loss, or hardship can prompt a reevaluation of values, placing greater importance on qualities like resilience, empathy, or compassion. Cultural exposure and diversity also contribute to the evolution of our values. Interacting with people from different backgrounds and belief systems can broaden our perspectives and lead to a deeper appreciation for values like tolerance, inclusivity, and cultural sensitivity. Moreover, as we progress through various life stages, such as adolescence, adulthood, or parenthood, our priorities and values often shift to align with our evolving responsibilities and personal growth. Think of a value that you have now that you did not used to have, or one that has become more important to you. What life experiences led to this value changing? How does this change affect you now? Please share your thoughts and experiences on how your values have evolved. Reflecting on the evolution of our values can help us embrace change while cultivating the Being (Relationship to Self) Dimension of the Inner Developmental Goals.
Cognitive Skills Activity: Future Mental Health Scenario Analysis
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
September 2nd
...See more Ready to develop critical thinking, complexity awareness, perspective skills, and long-term orientation? We have an interesting activity for you! Scenario: Imagine a future where the prevalence of mental health challenges continues to rise due to various societal factors, such as increased stress, social isolation, and economic uncertainty. Instructions: 1. Research the Scenario: Gather information from credible sources on the factors contributing to the projected increase in mental health challenges. Explore different viewpoints and expert opinions on this issue. 2. Identify Key Factors: Identify the key factors and driving forces that contribute to the complexity of the scenario. Consider both short-term and long-term factors, such as the impact of technology, healthcare policies, and social support systems. 3. Create A Scenario: Develop 1 more future scenario that envisions how mental health challenges might evolve over the next 5 years. The scenario should cover a range of possibilities, from optimistic to pessimistic. 4. Analyze and Evaluate: Apply critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate each scenario. Assess the credibility of the evidence and assumptions underlying each scenario. 5. Complexity Mapping: Create a visual representation (e.g., a mind map or diagram) that illustrates the interconnectedness of factors and causes within each scenario. Highlight potential cause-and-effect relationships. 6. Perspective Consideration: During your analysis, actively seek and incorporate insights from diverse and contrasting viewpoints. Consider how different stakeholders, including individuals, healthcare providers, and policymakers, might perceive and respond to each scenario. 7. Long-Term Vision: For each scenario, explore the long-term implications and potential outcomes for mental health and society as a whole. Formulate a vision or commitment that aligns with the broader context and takes into account the extended future. 8. Compare and Reflect: Compare and contrast the different scenarios, considering their complexity, credibility, and long-term implications. Reflect on what you've learned about the future of mental health and your ability to think critically and anticipate future developments. Share your brainstorming, analysis, or reflections in the comments to this post!
Change in life with more openness
by Feelfree667
Last post
1 day ago
...See more ------------------------- Helloo, I want to tell something about myself. When I joined 7 cups I thought it was only work like a messaging app. But now I able to understand it is more Than that. I always want to work on myself but I wasn't knew how do work on myself  but its help me. So I always being an introvert person. I don't know why but I was not like to talk with other people maybe because of fear. I want to share it here which I never been share with anyone I have always a fear if I share my problems people will judge me like see how she is stupid or how she is foolish even sometimes I know the answer in the class I thought everyone will laugh. But all this is past. And I past is always past it never comes back. Now i want to be more open and more courage ful in my life. Because with out being  courageous we can't do anything in life. We need to be courageous at every step. So I can share anything what I want to share. I always want some guide always want to get some people who understand me.  Iam trying to work on me every step so I will be a more better person and there something good come in life which is holding by future. Now I got it I need to work on myself and be more try new things. I hope so someone want to share something with me about this ? And tell how they are working on themselves for be a better person? 
Be a new person with authenticity
by Feelfree667
Last post
1 day ago
...See more Integrity and authenticity have become central to my outlook on life. For a long time, I felt the pressure to fake things, to mold myself into something I wasn’t just to keep up in this race of life. It seemed like the only way to win was to fit into someone else's version of success, and I constantly found myself pretending, putting on a mask to meet expectations. But now, I've realized that none of this is necessary. I don’t need to compromise my values or who I am to get ahead. True integrity, to me, is staying committed to what I believe in, even when it's difficult or unpopular. It's about being honest, not just with others but with myself, too. Authenticity, on the other hand, is living in a way that reflects my true self, without fear of judgment or rejection. I'm learning that I can do things in my own way, at my own pace, and still achieve what I want in life. By being true to myself, I can face life’s challenges with confidence, knowing that I'm not sacrificing who I am just for temporary gains. Being authentic also means being willing to tell the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it might be. Whether it’s admitting my own vulnerabilities or being honest with others, I’ve come to see that honesty and openness lead to deeper, more meaningful connections. Integrity and authenticity now guide my actions and decisions, and it feels freeing to embrace my individuality. What do you all think is there is a importance of integrity and authenticity in life ? How you manage this in your life?
The Power of Self-awareness
by ChillingRain
Last post
Sunday
...See more Self-awareness is a skill that has greatly impacted my personal growth. According to the Inner Development Goals (IDG) framework, self-awareness is defined as the ability to reflect on one's thoughts, feelings, and desires while maintaining a realistic self-image. This has allowed me to understand my strengths and weaknesses and, more importantly, recognize my emotional triggers.  For me, becoming more self-aware was not an overnight transformation. It took intentional effort and regular reflection. I started by journaling daily and paying close attention to my reactions in certain situations. By doing this, I was able to identify patterns in my behavior—especially moments when I became defensive or anxious. Over time, this helped me regulate my emotions more effectively, helping create a sense of calm and better decision-making. I found that the more self-aware I became, the better I was at aligning my actions with my values.  One thing I learned along the way is that self-awareness isn't about being critical of yourself but about accepting yourself for who you are. It opens the door to self-acceptance, which lays a solid foundation for personal growth. Discussion Prompt:  - How has self-awareness influenced your relationships and decision-making? Do you have any specific practices that help you develop this skill? - How can we cultivate self-awareness without becoming overly critical of ourselves?
What I've learnt about the inner compass
by violetdreamer07
Last post
Thursday
...See more Hey Everyone! First of all I just want to say that I really enjoyed going through the IDG path. I think learning about the inner compass helped me realise that the things that really matter to you are what help to drive how you contribute to the world. I think this might determine the kind of career you choose because a specific career or vocation might correspond to a specific value/way of making a difference. I think the inner compass then is also what helps us to maintain integrity and authenticity because following values that we feel connected to allows us to live in a way that we feel is true to ourselves.  I feel that this really links to the significance of diversity. I've found that the different people in my live have different things that guide their inner compasses. Some enjoy helping people while other might want to spread a love for music and creativity. Because people have different things driving them and different purposes they are drawn towards doing different things. I think this is really important in a growing and developing world because we have people with different purposes contributing towards different forms of growth which makes development more holistic.  I hope that made sense but anyways here are the questions: 1) What do you think your purpose is/what drives you? 2) How important do you find the inner compass in your life?
"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks"
by Ivy229
Last post
Thursday
...See more Hi fellow IDG members, In this post I would like to discussion one of my favorite music quotes and how it relates to inner development growth. Music is truly one of the most universal languages in the world and has the power to transcend across all barriers of communication.  The famous quote by Hans Christian Andersen, "Where Words Fail, Music Speaks" does just that in a simple yet powerful quote.                                                   Some of the ways music connects with inner development growth includes music can help express thoughts, feelings, emotions, bridges the gap where one person can connect with a person deep down in the most vulnerable parts of your soul, it can stimulate the mind, and even alter our mood. All these aspects can lead to increased self-awareness and personal growth.  Additionally, it makes sense why music therapy is a specialized form of treatment apart from the traditional method of talk therapy. Some of the reasons behind this is because it provides comfort during good moments just as well as the most challenging and darkest moments a person can go through. It motivates you to work out, to relax, to feel better when you are down, inspire and help contempt life decisions.  In essence, music can speak to us in ways that words sometimes cannot. ------------------------- Discussion Questions: Can you share a personal experience where music helped you express or understand your emotions when words fell short? How do you think music contributes to personal development and growth? Can you provide examples from your own life or observations? I look forward to seeing your answers and learning how this post and music helps you connect and your inner development growth. 
Identifying and Remembering Self
by BeesOnFlowers
Last post
September 11th
...See more Self acceptance has always been such a difficult subject for me. I tend to get into relationships where I'm the fixer, whether it's romantic, platonic, or just peer. I want to help someone and I often don the white scrubs of a clinical therapist and sit with one knee hooked over the other (even if it hurts after an hour). That's all to say that I often meet problems with being stifled. It's easy to nod and accept others, but recognizing your own boundaries can be difficult. My values and beliefs take such a back seat, I don't even look at them half the time! But it's not healthy to forget yourself so often. To ignore your feelings for the sake of others.  It comes as second nature to so many of us, but sometimes we treat ourselves so dismissively. This is a behavior I had to recognize and actively dwell over. After a long day of listening to my family's struggles and woes, I sit down and journal. I made myself a rule to never journal about any one else's problems- to leave that for their own journals. Mine is for me. How do I feel? What are my goals? Did I have fun today? What did I succeed at? What are my plans tomorrow?     That's a form of mindfulness! It helps strengthen your relationship with yourself. It's not selfish to say 'I'.    That's a hard fact to learn.  When you put your feelings on the back burner, we run the risk of it boiling over out of eyesight.    Don't forget to tend to them too. 🌼 What ways have you found to help you stay mindful and accepting of your own feelings?
Evolution of Values: Embracing Change
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
September 11th
...See more Values are fundamental beliefs and principles that guide our attitudes, behaviors, and decision-making. They play a crucial role in shaping our identities and influencing the way we interact with the world. It's fascinating how these values can transform throughout our lives due to a variety of factors. Life experiences often serve as catalysts for changes in our values. These experiences can be both positive and negative. For instance, personal achievements, such as landing a dream job or achieving a long-term goal, can lead to a greater emphasis on values like ambition or perseverance. On the other hand, facing adversity, loss, or hardship can prompt a reevaluation of values, placing greater importance on qualities like resilience, empathy, or compassion. Cultural exposure and diversity also contribute to the evolution of our values. Interacting with people from different backgrounds and belief systems can broaden our perspectives and lead to a deeper appreciation for values like tolerance, inclusivity, and cultural sensitivity. Moreover, as we progress through various life stages, such as adolescence, adulthood, or parenthood, our priorities and values often shift to align with our evolving responsibilities and personal growth. Think of a value that you have now that you did not used to have, or one that has become more important to you. What life experiences led to this value changing? How does this change affect you now? Please share your thoughts and experiences on how your values have evolved. Reflecting on the evolution of our values can help us embrace change while cultivating the Being (Relationship to Self) Dimension of the Inner Developmental Goals.
👓 Beyond the surface: Journey of “Being” and ‘self-awareness”
by sky2Ocean20
Last post
September 11th
...See more Being- simply living and existing. But is it in autopilot mode ?  Socrates told us - "To be is to do." In my opinion, it is about how consciously we choose what and how we want to do things and there comes self-awareness in the picture. I ask myself- "how do I know that I am self-aware??" Well, I thought about it only a couple of years ago. And certainly, we have some indications to measure our self-awareness. Here are some questions that I used to determine how I am becoming self-aware for the betterment of my life : * Reflection: I have a journal where I do reflect on my thoughts and emotions. * Awareness of Your Strengths and Weaknesses: Taking assessments and eventually we will be able to figure it out. * Accepting myself: accepting that whatever situation I am in right now and if that is not serving me, I have the ability to change that. And no matter how hard I try, there will be some discomfort in life because of my actual self and we can co-exist. * Open to feedback: we are not perfect. Sometimes we do have to adjust if our actions hurt someone unintentionally. Keeping a healthy boundary is possible without making genuine people around us unhappy. So my question to you is : 🔖 Do you think you are self-aware? Tell me on a 1-10 scale ( 1 being No, 10 being I have a complete awareness of my surroundings) 🔖 What do you think you need to do to maintain your current self-awareness or improve if it’s below your expectations? I would love to read your comments and suggestions and greatly appreciate your participation in the discussion. Have a lovely day/night ahead. 💛✨    
Self awareness
by Meenakshi29
Last post
September 11th
...See more Self awareness  This term self awareness which simple means being aware of your own self....  Self which is you... So how well we are aware of ourselves.....  Our behavior  Our thoughts  Our needs and desires  Our strength and weakness  Our triggers and coping method  These are just few aspects of ourselves.... And many of us are so unaware of these.. We don't know actually ourselves completely and sad part is we don't try and even if we somehow got  little aware of our own self we avoid it.... Because being aware of your own self comes with accepting and improving and it's difficult for many us to do that.....  But being aware of your own self can actually help us in our life because we know what works for us and what's not..... So we should include things which helps us to know ourselves....  So i would love to know how many of you are actually aware of your own true self and there are few activities which can help us to know oneself in a better way.. For me journaling works best 😌 ...  Let me know yours 😁 Have a great week 😌
The Power of Self-Awareness in Personal Growth
by Anooshay
Last post
September 11th
...See more One important ability that I've been trying to hone over the years is self-awareness. It serves as the cornerstone for comprehending both our areas of strength and growth. Self-awareness aids in the recognition of our own feelings, behavioral patterns, and the effects they have on other people on the path of personal growth. For me, this has been essential to both my career and relationships. When I initially started practicing self-awareness, I had a hard time accepting responsibility for my errors. But as time went on, I understood that being truthful with myself helped me accept responsibility and learn from these mistakes. One instance that comes to mind is when I realized I was reacting out of annoyance and, rather than rationalizing my behavior, I thought back on why I felt that way.After giving it some thought, I was able to identify my triggers and am now more aware of them when I'm under pressure. Writing down my feelings and observations at the end of each day was one technique I found useful. I was able to analyze my feelings and draw conclusions from my behavior. How do you apply self-awareness in your day-to-day activities? What positive effects has this ability had on your career or personal development?  In what circumstance did you find that your level of self-awareness significantly affected how you handled the situation? How do you keep honing this ability?
Self Awareness — Who is the Self?
by Ashen4
Last post
September 8th
...See more For my first post, I want to focus on the IDG course skill of self-awareness, part of the “Being” Dimension of the IDGs. Even prior to taking the IDG growth path, there is a general cultural understanding that it's important for us to remain humble, and not become too arrogant of our own skills. Like in the case of the well-documented Dunning–Kruger effect, which points out that many people with comparatively low levels of ability at a given skill were likely to rate themselves highly precisely because they lacked the skill necessary to accurately judge their own talent, which is often used as a warning to remind us how we are often poor at viewing ourselves objectively.  However, the growth path emphasizes having a realistic self-image not only in our weaknesses but also in our strengths, which made me realize that it's equally unhealthy for us to ignore or downplay the skills we're good at. Often that's considered a virtue, and within reason remaining humble is good, but I know in my own life it sometimes gets to the degree that I genuinely forget my own strengths, and keeping the realistic self-image part of self-awareness in mind helps me remember all of my strengths, too, because that's also a critical part of maintaining a healthy self-awareness. So, for everyone in the community, I have two questions/prompts that I'd love to hear your opinions on: 1. Have you ever had any kind of "aha" moment where you realized something new about yourself/something that changed your opinion about yourself? What was that like? 2. What kinds of questions do you ask yourself to try and maintain a more realistic, more objective awareness of self? 
Conversations of the soul on ikigai
by FirmWind
Last post
September 6th
...See more I say the most difficult part of a relationship isn't getting to know each-other, its growing together. The person I was ten years ago is not the person I am today because as time goes by, we grow, and we change. So the journeys we have with others are limited, as are the journeys we have with ourselves.   As I get older, I realize that actioning professional plans for the future leads to an active conversation with one's self. A conversation that is ever shifting, like a continuous negotiation. Over time we adapt to new experiences and people, we integrate them into our being. So the future we had previously envisioned for ourselves for ends up changing like we are, but none-the-less we want it to align with our being as it is now, and not our self of the past. I hear the conversation during the day and night. My mind repeatedly asking, "What am I really good at?" While the soul often shouts back "What do I actually want?". We are urged to provide a service that the world needs yet provides us with enough fulfillment to satisfy both of these voices. It turns out the goal is ultimately the same, but over time the goalpost constantly moves as the conversation continues. We question our true intentions but we learn they are not static things.   The concept of ikigai is to find meaning through doing and being, and I believe it starts with how we interact with ourselves. A conversation needs to happen, and it needs to continue happening. Through this insight I've learned that ikigai has internal and external components; what we love and what our strengths are, those are internal. What the community is willing to do to support us in achieving our mission, that is the external. These components are inseparable.  So I ask two questions of you; - What do your inner conversations sound like? - What kind of work balances your strengths and passions?
Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader