Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Would You Add to a Warm Bowl of Rice? 🍚🍛🍙

sweetnutella June 2nd

unnamed_1717302535.jpg

Picture a steaming bowl of fluffy white rice waiting for you 🍚🍙

What's the move? Toss on a couple of sunny-side-up eggs? 🥚🍳 Couple it with sizzling Spam? 🍖 Or go green with a bunch of veggies? 🥔🥕🥦 I'm in desperate need for some new ways to spice up the ol' rice routine, so I'm all ears! 🔥💪

Got any quirky combos or flavor-packed suggestions?

sweetnutella OP July 23rd
@FlamingRain Nori Kome Furikake? And chicken adobo flakes? Wow, I've never heard of any of these before! Is it like a seaweed brand? And what is chicken adobo? A local cuisine, maybe? 🤔
slowdecline48 September 2nd

@sweetnutella Dunno about "chicken adobo" but adobo itself is the Mexican equivalent of seasoned salt...basically an all-purpose seasoning. I've heard that some of our Latin American emigres sprinkle it in/on practically everything they cook.

lasirenadelsol July 16th

For breakfast, I like doing rice, eggs and chopped bacon or ham :)

sweetnutella OP July 23rd

@lasirenadelsol ahh you can never go wrong with a classic, indeed!

@sweetnutella the hello kitty soy sauce is wild 🙏

1maginaryfriend July 22nd

I like to break eggs into my rice and toss it in a pan with butter. I add some soy and a generous squirt of wasabi and mix it up as well as I can. The wasabi can be tough to break up, so you may get a bite that shoots up your nose! I’ve tried powdered wasabi, but it’s not the same. 

This is a quick meal that may fall a little short on nutrition, but really makes you feel alive!

Sweet and sour chicken, and orange chicken <3

redGrapes2412 July 23rd

@sweetnutella I like mine sweet. A little milk and honey.

rachel0707 July 23rd

i love a good over medium egg and maybe some chilli sauce, and vegetables for extra nutrients?

mangoboba2020 July 23rd

@sweetnutella lemon juiceee

Umiboshi July 25th

tsukimono or butter/salt/pepper 😊

hopefulDew435 July 27th

@sweetnutella rice with butter chicken and cucumbers, lettuce and avocado on the side. 

Pelai July 27th

@sweetnutella I like tofu, spinach, and nutritional yeast

orangeMoon007 July 28th
Ohh don’t forget about mango sticky rice too!

@sweetnutella
Mystpheonix July 29th

@sweetnutella yess!!

tallNickel2966 August 1st

@sweetnutella there are so many options but me personally I would do fried shrimp with some soy sauce along with an egg on it.

juliak1968 August 1st

@sweetnutella

I just had eaten rice with boneless chicken cooked perfectly!

The side of cauliflower was nice with the rice.

Blessings, Day

BelovedMe August 1st

@sweetnutella

How about a savory Hawaiian-inspired rice bowl? 🍚🌺 

1. Sunny-Side-Up Eggs: Top your rice with a couple of perfectly cooked sunny-side-up eggs. 🥚🍳

2. Spam: Slice and fry up some Spam until it’s crispy and golden. 🍖

3. Pineapple and Veggies: Add some pineapple chunks, bell peppers, and green onions for a burst of sweetness and crunch. 🍍🌶️🥬

4. Teriyaki Sauce: Drizzle everything with teriyaki sauce for that umami kick. 🍶

5. Sriracha Mayo: Finish with a swirl of sriracha mayo for some heat and creaminess. 🌶️

It’s a quirky combo that’s bursting with flavor and will definitely spice up your rice routine! 🔥👨‍🍳

versatileLemon9181 August 2nd

@sweetnutella just put salt on 

MangoGelatoinWinter August 4th

@sweetnutella Katsu curry is incredibly delicious!!! It's high effort, but totally worth it.  :)

@sweetnutella 

save money: runny egg and kimchi... breakfast of champions

spend money: shrimp and veggie tempura <3 

KaylaBella August 5th

@sweetnutella

Cream of chicken soup! It tastes sooooooo good!!!!

teacherchel August 6th

Yummy!

theycallmenerd August 6th

Malaxinaguo, the best 😝

whimsicalSummer6500 August 6th

Maybe some spicy sauce, mushrooms, broccoli, bokchoy, garlic

radiantDreamer August 6th

@sweetnutella

Definitely rice, fried potato and curry yummy

TU100OT August 6th

@sweetnutella

Any vegetarian curry :p

teacherchel August 6th

Hello! I know it may seem strange, but I tried this a couple months ago and it wasn’t that bad. I added a little bit of beef stew on top of rice. I mostly had the gravy and potatoes from it, but it was pretty good :)

Soy sauce 😍

timetravelingJedi August 19th

@youronlinesafespacewithamy

Classic combo. Can't go wrong there.

fruityCherry7666 August 7th

@sweetnutella

My favorite easy way to spice up rice is to add scrambled eggs and scallions cooked in soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil sauce. It is divine!

jonghyunnie August 19th

@sweetnutella gochujang, kimchi, or making bibimbap! ~ 

timetravelingJedi August 19th

@sweetnutella

Most often I like rice just by itself. Boring, I know, but so good. I do like steamed veggies in it too.

Umiboshi August 22nd

Hi! If you haven’t tried this yet. Google “Chazuke”, it’s a staple dish in Japanese cuisine. Very simple to make and there’s various easy ways to make it. A very simple one Ochazuke, is made by pouring hot Japanese green or brown tea in a small bowl of rice, and topped often with an umeboshi plum, Japanese pickles and perhaps some sesame seeds or furikake. It’s often served as a last dish, or simply on it’s own for a warm snack. 😊

Miku2007 August 22nd

Butter to make oily rice ^^

filodilo August 22nd

@sweetnutella one of those packets of frozen mixed vegetables and tumeric 

HopefulOne81 August 22nd

@sweetnutella  Organic Raw Sugar and Butter!