Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips for using the new format!

MistyMagic October 5th, 2022

The new community forum pages are up and running and they look fantastic!

A few changes make it easier to use.

First, a few terms explained:-

'Thread' is the term used for each new group of posts that follow and continue on from one that started that group. The 'original post' is the first post made in a thread and the 'original poster' or 'op' is the user that posted that first post. A bit like words and sentences. The posts are words and they are joined together to make sentences, with the OP being the start.

A new post can be created from the main page and then the most suitable 'topic' is chosen rather than having to scroll and find the sub-forum that is wanted and then starting a new post there.

_1664957119.Community 1.jpg

Click on the 'Create a New Thread' then click on 'Select Topic' which then shows a dropdown menu of all the topics you can choose from. (Each sub-community has its own list of topics, this picture shows the top part of Hobby Zone's).

_1664957355.HZ2.jpg

Now . . . Write your post!

Then press the blue button bottom left to ' Add Thread'.

There is also the option to Subscribe to this Thread, it is checked already

_1664957513.HZ3.jpg

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 5th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Nice briefing, Misty, thankyou!❤

MistyMagic OP October 5th, 2022

Also, use the following to change the view that you see

Underneath the option to 'Create a new Thread' you should see this.

haSW8b3.jpg

To the right, there should be a few options such as 'Popular'

icMFXRt.jpg

Click on the tiny arrow on the right of the word and a dropdown menu will appear

Vn9g4L4.jpg

These are the options that can be chosen to sort the threads. They can also be used when in an actual topic or community.

Next there is a small icon shaped like a funnel or a wine glass, which is a filter icon.

Rx9EJw0.jpg

This gives the option to choose which specific topic you want to look at.

MDinQYB.jpg

and then another icon that has dots on the left side and dashes on the right side.

4jh7fuB.jpg

This collapses the threads so that you only see the headline/title and not a preview of each post. It is a toggle click, so click on the icon to change the view that you see.

_1664960595.HZ10.jpg

then toggle and only the title and poster name is shown.

_1664960677.HZ11.jpg

This is very helpful if there are gifs or flashing images, toggle to close or collapse the posts just to the headings.

hobbies-gif-13.gif

Listening - One Step At A Time!

theriverissinging October 5th, 2022

@MistyMagic thank you so much for posting this Misty! appreciate all the help you have been offering ❤️

regarding the GIF point, the site now has an in-built feature to disable GIFs. but it seems the one you used is not from the available GIF inserting function so the disabling feature is not working on that - would help to use the in-built function to help with those who would prefer it to be more static for a variety of reasons.

MistyMagic OP October 5th, 2022

Tagging the Hobby Zoners!

@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @thandocilo @theboymoana @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

Want to join the Zoners list? https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/HobbyZoneEventsandAnnouncements_1349/TheHobbyZoneTaglist_280107/

ThadSterling October 6th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Woohoo! Thank you for the breakdown ^.^ and for keeping me up to date! I am trying to get more into my hobbies again, so hopefully, I can share some work soon! Need to go check out the forum and see where to do that, as I'm sure there must be a "share your art" thread, I know there was a while back...glad I'm getting more and more familiar with the many communities within 7 cups <3

MistyMagic OP October 7th, 2022

@ThadSterling

I hope you choose to start your own Hobby Journal with us!

From the main Hobby Zone page you can choose to 'filter' posts so you can only see the Hobby Journals that are already made. Then click on the Create New thread at the top and choose the topic to be 'Hobby Journals!'

8DLpx7j.png

SleepyShyCat October 5th, 2022

@MistyMagic

This is helpful while getting used to the new changes, thanks 😸

October 5th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Thank you, Misty! 💛

MistyMagic OP February 18th, 2023

Bumping this up sop it is easier to find as many are asking about how to find posts. Scroll through this thread :)

slowdecline48 March 3rd, 2023

@MistyMagic I'll have to get used to the format...