Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Past - 2022, the Present, and the Future - 2023!

MistyMagic December 28th, 2022

_1672246321.one.jpg

2022 was a great year for Hobby Zone!

We have grown so much and the activity and participation has been so wonderful that we have grown a wonderful team of active and supportive leaders. Each has contributed in their own way.

We now have our very own Hobby Zone group support rooms,
one for adults and one for teens!

⭐️ We have had some spooktacular events such as 'Spooky Week!" find out all about it here

⭐️ We learnt about Cat Cafes here

⭐️ Perhaps you want to improve your drawing then look no further than Here

⭐️ And then we had the fantastic 12 days of HobbyMas Here

⭐️ So far we have 15 Hobby Journals that are regularly added to and updated so please take a look and consider journalling your hobbies too!

⭐️ Here is the Hobby Adventures master post https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/HobbyJournals_2468/HobbyAdventuresYourJournalsMasterThread_283831/

Q. What was your favourite post from Hobby Zone in 2022?
Q. What was your favourite Hobby in 2022
Q. What topics would you like to see discussed in the Hobby Zone rooms?

You can also give feedback and ideas here https://forms.gle/vmiJ1tvxK3hGgDec8

⭐️ Wishing you all the very best for 2023! ⭐️

Looking forward to 2023 we have lots of exciting events and posts planned for you!

Among them, we have coming soon :-

How About A Hobby!

New Year! New Hobby!

Find A Free Hobby!

So please come and join the Hobby one Team now!
https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/HobbyZoneEventsandAnnouncements_1349/WantedHobbyZoneTeam_280109/

Special thanks to @ASilentObserver for group support, and to @CheeryMango for sub-community support.

Hobby Zone Team- @mistymagic, @paprika001 @lou73 @emotionslistener @worriedmagpie @Embstitcher33 @SleepyShyCat @ThadSterling @DipityEnigma @Liv125

Hobby Zone taglist- @Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @confidentrabbit7311 @CosmicMiracle @DipityEnigma @EmotionsListener @FallandWinterPlease00 @HealingTalk @hiraxx @Interestingkiwi @interlligentshawzk @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Liv125 @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @NicholasW @NixiePixieStick @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @theboymoana @tidyHickory3283 @Walker7957 @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

To join or leave our taglist please see this thread here

SleepyShyCat December 28th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Almost the new year so soon :0

I've loved @EmotionsListener Hobby-mas and I've also loved seeing all the artwork and poetry that's been posted! 🎨😸

Definitely gardening and plant care this year, I've just brought some new cacti seeds to grow in the new year, and I recently got a new Maranta that I'm in love with 🌿

Looking forward to 2023 - hopefully a better year for me, and if things start out ok then keep a look out for a sleepyshycat hobby journal 😮

🐈🐈🐈

Thanks everyone for a good end of year <3

adorable-cat.gif

MistyMagic OP December 28th, 2022

@SleepyShyCat I love that Happy Mew Year lol!❤️

Listening - One Step At A Time!

calmMango9611 December 28th, 2022

@MistyMagic Happy New Year, my friend.

Cannot wait to see the new posts, in 2023.

You really have a talented crew.

MistyMagic OP December 31st, 2022

@calmMango9611 you too Mangoooo Happy New Year!

slowdecline48 December 31st, 2022

I don't have a favorite for the first two questions, though the "farm fresh" patch by @Embstitcher33 is hilarious. 😆 If I had a fqve post, that one would be it.

As a lifelong artist, the things I do on paper are not a "hobby"--they are the outcome of my way of life. But if my art were a hobby then it would be my favorite one.

My only other question is how to limit one's hobbies to a reasonable number.... I have too many interests & enough talent in most directions to become fairly good at whatever creative medium I use. Am not saying this to brag, as being multitalented is maybe more of a curse than a gift. Working in too many media at once means never attaining any great skill or achievement in any one of them--there are only so many hours & days, & no one has an infinite amount of energy (especially when you're chronic). As an achievement-oriented person, being average is not acceptable to me.

MistyMagic OP December 31st, 2022

@slowdecline48 Yes I agree re Embs! So many interesting posts there. https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/HobbyJournals_2468/EmbStitcher33sHobbyJournal_283837/

EmbStitcher33 December 31st, 2022

@MistyMagic

What was your favourite post from Hobby Zone in 2022?
I can't pick a favorite. But I do have a type of post that I really like and appreciate so much. I love all the hobby threads. It's so nice to see what y'all are up to.
😘 (Takes a bit of courage to share a piece of your soul and I want y'all to know that I appreciate your sharing ❤️).

What was your favourite Hobby in 2022
Really have to ask? 😅 Yes, it's still machine embroidery. BUT next year I intend to pick up my guitar (one or more of them...have a wall full to choose from - D's and mine).

What topics would you like to see discussed in the Hobby Zone rooms?
Does your family have a hobby that you do together? Does a sibling or cousin have a hobby that you admire. OR...does anyone in your family have a 'crazy' hobby. So maybe a sort of 'family affair hobby' idea. Just a thought...

MistyMagic OP January 3rd, 2023

@EmbStitcher33 love the ideas Emb! Happy New Year!

EmotionsListener January 1st, 2023

I'm not fond of picking favourites, there are so many great posts to choose from, but if I had to choose a favourite, maybe I would have to pick my first post in the Hobby Zone as it was what led to me joining the Hobby Zone team! 🥰

Oh no, another favourite question, I think my favourite hobby is probably "learning" in general, new hobbies, new techniques, new information, it feeds my creativity and my love of learning!

Q. What topics would you like to see discussed in the Hobby Zone rooms?

I'd love to have "recipe potluck party" - where we set a theme/type of food or dish we are bringing to a potluck and share some of our favourite recipes or even ideas for creative presentation. But I have lots of other ideas too, as you know! 🤣

MistyMagic OP January 3rd, 2023

@EmotionsListener Happy New Year!

What was your favourite . .. . oooops and I know how much you dislike questions like that too, I promise to use different words next time lol!