Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Spooky Week! Scary Movies!

MistyMagic October 29th, 2022

Oh the horror! May contain spoilers!

Today’s post is all about the horror movies that scare us or make us smile or laugh. Has anyone ever seen the film ‘The Blob’? It is a super scary but hysterical films with enormous red jello as a monster (it’s supposed to be from outer space lol) made in 1958 in black and white starring Steve McQueen in his very first role.

Of course there is the series of ‘Halloween’ movies but those are too scary to mention here!
What about the old ‘Dracula’ movie and ‘Noseferatu’? All about vampires in black and white. I find that anything in black and white is more frightening especially as old movies seem to use music to create an atmosphere of suspense.

Suspenseful music reminds me of ‘Jaws’ every time the durn durn, durrn dun, is played I look for the shark.

amqjGKwkBF7blux2y6AQtqDLp8J1wrC9iCJPhmLjdtsqJil9OhdXk7wGE-472hiJyaA7LJBh0spAMXnXHJAqQZ7dl3SThKMgixpmK3HVKsj2qHRtLqZSkBLFMAhbGaq6xTFNZG6MBziE9AXShmHNGnArYzzvsEb3eqBp66CALVwtg9LrzkS-6OszYw

I love the ‘Twilight Saga’ all about wonderful present-day vampires that can walk in the light and who garlic doesn’t scare, they show up in mirrors too or Alice would be freaked out having nowhere to check her fine fashion in.

Whether it is mind-reading Edward or emotion-calming Jasper there is someone for everyone. Romance, love triangles, and a happy ending!

NfosgtQ6FDDjr64qIH1SyKqfGUmBv28iqedyrlY9pRrOo3HkMSof2gqoD8LJN8yqamwshuPF_zbsvfMiIjcPZDFWiQzFM73PfSp-0vEQiLM9p4MJHbBtIs5UdjfP3n--CFDg0xSl6SfOPYIVa0U6P2DIboyy00o1ZKFGB9VPTnHW7c3C_O5l_qMq0g

Of course there is the wizard of Hogwarts School! Harry and his friends with what can only be described as the best banquets ever seen! Sitting at the enormous table in the Great Hall, food magically appears and then new dishes appear with no cooking or washing up needed! Sounds like bliss to me! Add in the odd ghost and it sounds perfect fun!

1 What is your favourite scary movie and why?
2 Can you recommend any good fun scary movies?
3 Tag some of your friends to join in the fun!

https://forms.gle/tSRzfxpQJvvYpZXh6 Feedback & Ideas Form, Share your ideas!

@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @corinnajoyhenryluv @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @independentFig7852 @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @thandocilo @theboymoana @tidyHickory3283 @Walker7957 @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

Tagging the Hobby Zone subcommunity tag list

(If you want to be added/removed click here!)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 29th, 2022

@MistyMagic Spooky vibes hehe, thanks for this post, Misty. ❤

I don't have any recommendations but I know some people who'll have lots of recommendations for us about this particular genre. XD

👻 @TheAutumnWitch @lyricalAngel70 @sia1325 👻

tidyHickory3283 October 29th, 2022

@MistyMagic

I love the Twilight Saga and Harry Potter Series

Unfortunately I never saw the whole Saga, only clips on YouTube because I can't find the movies anywhere :')

MistyMagic OP October 30th, 2022

@tidyHickory3283 have you read the books? In many ways the books are far better :)

Listening - One Step At A Time!

tidyHickory3283 October 30th, 2022

@MistyMagic

really? 😮 I have their pdfs but thought first want to watch the movies xD I will read them then 😀 but after exams are over in March xD 😜

Yep exams are important! Let me know how you like the books!

ThadSterling October 29th, 2022

They Live and Big Trouble in Little China are two of my favorite fun spooky movies? My all time favorite is the Shining but that one is pretty horrifying and not sure i would call it fun! Also got even more fun and less scary but still spooky, Hocus Pocus is a classic :)

@ThadSterling have you seen Hocus Pocus 2 yet? I haven't

conscientiousSpring8273 October 30th, 2022

@MistyMagic

🎃I don't have a favorite horror movie because it's not really my preferred genre to watch. However, if you're looking for something a little bit spooky but fun, I think Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands are good recommendations.🦇

@conscientiousSpring8273 Bettlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice! Have you tried saying that to any of the smart speakers like 'Alexa'?

conscientiousSpring8273 October 30th, 2022

@MistyMagic

I have not. But it sounds fun so I'll probably do it today since it's Halloween~

conscientiousSpring8273 October 31st, 2022

@conscientiousSpring8273

My mistake. TODAY is Halloween😅

So I did try it on my Google Assistant and she said "It's showtime!"

MistyMagic OP October 31st, 2022

@conscientiousSpring8273 👻🎃 hehehehe fun!

SmileSravani December 2nd, 2022

@MistyMagic

hey hey misty, I have read the summary of the blob somewhere, and I watched part of the twilight saga and it was amazing, and I want to continue watching! I cant quite recall spooky movies from the back of my hand, so maybe you could try out the podcast Baking A Murder by Stephanie Soo, and she talks about books and movies that are spooky and thrilling :))

SmileSravani December 2nd, 2022

I am kinda late by a month but lets not talk about that

MistyMagic OP December 2nd, 2022

@SmileSravani yes the blob was so funny-scary lol and its fine to post anytime here :)

SmileSravani December 3rd, 2022

@MistyMagic

yes, the blob was funny and scary at the same time, and was kinda cool!! hahah thanks!

sunshine8491 December 2nd, 2022

@MistyMagic I am a huge fan of conjuring and insidious. They are the only movies I could rewatch without feeling bored. The plot and the devils are straight fun and scarry

MistyMagic OP December 2nd, 2022

@sunshine8491 I will look them out and see what I think

I need a good scare

GloriousTargaryen December 3rd, 2022

I also love the Twilight Saga as well as Harry Potter.

And if u wanna see any vampire related horror movie I may suggest you Interview with The Vampire and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter recently I saw these two nd these were good according to me

MistyMagic OP December 3rd, 2022

@GloriousTargaryen thanks! What about Vampire Diaries if we are talking vampire?

GloriousTargaryen December 3rd, 2022

Thinking to watch that after my exams heard it’s really awesome

okeyyyy December 13th, 2022

@MistyMagic There is another the blob movie made in 1988, which i find horror movies from the 70s to the 90s usually to be more in point in terms of psychological horror and graphic horror. Other movies like (the stuff) similar theme to the blob, other movie which is really good is (the thing ) from jhon carpenter, although this movies are quite graphic in horror they use the psychological part of horror quite a lot. Other good ones are, in the mountains of madness, and i can think in many others as well. Sometimes a good scare is good for forgetting about our problems for a bit and for sure for me its quite important how good the plot is and how solid the movie feels. There are many movies especially nowadays that focus too much on visuals and especial effects and jump scares and leave the plot quite poor in my opinion such as the movie (it) or rely too much on nostalgia. Yet a good movie can make you forget about things for a bit. ^^

akers December 14th, 2022

I don't like really scary movies. Harry Potter is the best movie ever. I rewatch it every year in December. This year I'm already a little late because I try to watch all of the parts before Christmas. I usually have a problem with where to stream movies, [link removed]

[post edited by MistyMagic Dec 15 2022]