Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to The Hobby Zone Community in September 2022? What's your favorite Hobby?

September 3rd, 2022

hi.gif

Welcome Everyone! Let's say hello and meet others that joined this month!

Questions

1. What is your favorite Hobby?

2. Why do you like it?

3. How long have you done it?

Hobby Zone Forum areas:

๐Ÿถ Pets and Animals

โœ Writing

๐ŸŽˆ Fun, and Relaxation

๐ŸŽต Music

๐Ÿ“ Using Hobbies As Therapy

๐Ÿ“ธ Photography

๐Ÿšข Traveling

๐ŸŒ Your Hobbies & Interests

๐Ÿ“œ Poetry

๐ŸŒฟ Gardening and other Outdoor Hobbies

๐ŸŽฌ Movies & Television

๐Ÿˆ Sports

๐ŸŽจ Arts & Crafts

๐Ÿ“– Reading

๐ŸŽค Welcomes, Introductions & Check-ins!

โญ Anime and Manga

๐Ÿ“ข Hobby Zone Events, and Announcements!

๐ŸŽฎ Gaming

โ“ Would you rather threads

๐Ÿ’ป Graphic Design & Online Media

๐ŸŽ‚ Cooking, Baking, Barbequing or Eating!

If youโ€™re interested in joining the Hobby Zone team, apply here. We would love to have you on the team!

Please feel free to check out our featured thread for a fun activity!

@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Merliah001 @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @SmileSravani @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @thandocilo @theboymoana @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie @jamsxxx, @lizziebug,
@plushSalamander4074, @Jamiemore2803, @braveNectarine9452, @beanieowl, @SomethingPoetic, @discreetCircle5727,
@confusedRaven6140, @Valorem, @millipede03, @kindozzy27, @thoughtfulwinter, @TheOnlySentientCoffeeMugThatWeKnowOf,
@ForestPiano027, @dudemanlee, @braveWheel2685, @littleKiwi9399, @pineapplepeanut, @FrankieExpired

Check this post if you want to be added to the tag list!

confusedRaven6140 September 3rd, 2022

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹

1. Hard to choose a favourite... but if I had to probably reading.

2. I like it because I love stories and I love being taken away to new and interesting places.

3. Been doing it pretty much my entire life. Or at least for as long as I've been able to read.

September 6th, 2022

@confusedRaven6140

This is a great hobby๐Ÿ‘Œ I also like to read because it's one of those hobbies that I do effortlessly. In fact, I have made it a point to read every day. I usually read news, random articles I come across on the internet, research papers, and Nat Geo magazines. And on days when Iโ€™m feeling extremely stressed, I treat myself to a good book... Just like you, sometimes I want to escape reality through books, and it's nice to put myself in different scenarios every time I read a new chapter or book. It's also fun to travel through stories, and I love that reading helps with that.๐Ÿ˜Š

Writing.

I love creating a world through a few basic ideas and seeing what I end up with.

Only been doing it for a few years now.

Second favorite hobby ain't too far behind, so I may as well mention it, videogames.

I love a challenge, games like Elden Ring stress me out in the best of ways. It's fun to see myself improve, when once I couldn't defeat the Tree Sentinel outside of the cave of knowledge, now I'm defeating Starscourge Radahn on my third attempt.

September 6th, 2022

@TheOnlySentientCoffeeMugThatWeKnowOf

I haven't played Elden Ring yet, but I know people who do. The graphics look great and the soundtrack is fantastic. I don't know why, but the game kind of reminds me of LOTR, Dark Souls, and Prince of Persia combined. I'll definitely give it a try soon. By the way, good luck with your writing. I read the post you shared the other day + today, pretty good work I must say ๐Ÿ’› Do video games ever inspire you to write stories?

kindozzy27 September 3rd, 2022

1. What is your favourite Hobby? Probably Poetry, writing it and analysing other's poetry <3

2. Why do you like it? It's such an effective way to express random, deep or personal thoughts!

3. How long have you done it? I've only started writing recently, and I'm hoping to join the poetry club soon, but I've done lots of analysing in school.

kindozzy27 September 3rd, 2022

@kindozzy27

https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/Writing_839/MyPoems_2850

^ That's a link to my poems if ya wanna have a look

September 6th, 2022

@kindozzy27

This is a leisurely hobby. I don't write, but I love to read poetry, and lately I've been reading a lot of Lang Leav and Michael Faudet, and it's always been difficult to decide which of these wonderful poets is my favorite: Maya Angelou, Homer, Rumi, Pablo Neruda, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, and Slyvia Plath. Who's on your favorite list?

HealingTalk September 4th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Photography

2. Why do you like it?
It captures great instants in your life, and lets you compose bice pictures

Since childhood. With very cheap discarded cameras at first

September 6th, 2022

@HealingTalk

I too love photography!!! I have developed this hobby since middle school when my brother had his first "hand me down" camera that I was allowed to borrow for school activities. Can you remember the first camera model you started with? The first camera I used was a Nikon and I think it was an AF220, but the first camera I bought myself was a Canon 600D in 2011, a week before Christmas ๐Ÿ˜„

HealingTalk September 7th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Oh, how nice!

The first camera I used was an old and battered Olympus pocket camera, whose model I don't remember.

The first I bought (2012 I guess), after much research, was a Sony HX5V, a pocket-size camera with professional quality capabilities, so great for travel.

Also for not getting much attention and the concomitant fear of being mugged. So I could use it more in not too safe places.

I have now a Sony mirrorless with APS-C sensor. While having a big sensor (almost full frame) and interchangeable lenses, it's also less bulky than a reflex, so same advantages ๐Ÿ˜€.

leannescarlett September 6th, 2022

Goodnessโ€ฆ well, Geocaching has been my NEWEST FAVORITE HOBBY since June 2022. Thing is now, canโ€™t drive, due to mental health not being the greatestโ€ฆ taking at least a three month break. Geocaches are anywhere and everywhere around the world. In my mind people know about them or donโ€™t . I even did some when I was younger, and got re-introduced to geocaching at 25 y/o , which is current.

September 6th, 2022

@leannescarlett

Believe me, I'm also one of those people who only recently heard about this hobby, it reminds me a bit of Pokemon GO and treasure hunting combined. I plan on trying it out at a picnic, sounds like a fun outdoor activity that anyone would enjoy.

emotionalMachine September 8th, 2022

Ohh this is so difficult! Well, I guess I will have to answer.. Art. I love drawing and pixel art, and do some painting too. It's very fun to create things and make creative desicions. Visual art is the most immersive to me, followed by reading, so it's the best way to convey my many ideas I have. I've been drawing my entire life, making pixel art since r/place and painting since one year ago, but I do all of these quite rarely because I'm lazy and have so many hobbies!

September 8th, 2022

@emotionalMachine

This is really cool! I have not had time to draw anything lately. I think having lots of hobbies is a good thing, especially if you have creative blocks, then you can move on to the next hobby.

jasishereforallofu September 8th, 2022

My hobby is graffiti sketching

I find it so relaxing and creative. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ive been doing it for like 2 years or so, i started it and had pretty much no idea what i was doing, but with a lot of practice i became more inspired and better at it โค๏ธ

September 8th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu

I saw some of your artwork in a thread. Really cool stuff. Keep up the good work, you're really good at it - practice makes perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Alkina September 12th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Hello!

My favorite hobbies include reading, photography and writing.

I like them because they allow me to shape reality how i want to and kind of be immersed in the world

I've been reading since 2nd grade, writing since 4th, and taking photos all my life.

September 12th, 2022

@Alkina

Hello๐Ÿ˜Š

These are some of my favorite hobbies as well. You seem to be an all-rounder, Alkina. I like that you have a variety of hobbies, and I also like your perspective on how you use those hobbies to shape reality to your liking.

amicableSkies4381 September 12th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

I love writing poems. I really really like it...

September 12th, 2022

@amicableSkies4381

That's nice ๐Ÿ‘ who is your favorite poet? and how long have you been writing poetry?

amicableSkies4381 September 12th, 2022

I've been writing for like about 5 to 6 years now? One of my fav poets is Renna biddy and Miles Carter. I honestly don't really read alot but these r from the few tht I do..

What r your hobbies? If I may ask. I'd love to know:)

September 30th, 2022

@amicableSkies4381

5 to 6 years is quite a long time *hands trophy* ๐Ÿ† I've come across Reyna Biddy's poems before, and if I'm not mistaken, they're a lot about mental health- a really good choice ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜Š

What're your hobbies? If you don't mind me asking. I'd like to know:) I've a lot of hobbies. My hobby for this week is meditation, walking, journaling, and baking bread. Next week I'll focus on music and send a friend a song I composed with piano + kalimba to use as background music for his singing competition.

chaiteeeeeeeaaaaaaa September 28th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

I like to draw and paint.

2. Why do you like it?

It is relaxing and calms me down when I feel overwhelmed.

Ever since I was 5 or 6 years old

September 30th, 2022

@chaiteeeeeeeaaaaaaa

1. I like to draw and paint.

That's nice, what do you usually draw/paint?

2. It is relaxing and calms me down when I feel overwhelmed.

I'm glad you have a healthy coping strategy. I think engaging in any form of art helps a lot when we feel overwhelmed.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’›

3. Ever since I was 5 or 6 years old

Wow, you must be really good at ๐ŸŽจ especially if you have practiced a lot over the years.