Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I had gastric bypass three weeks ago and it's going well so far.

Menoeceus February 1st, 2023

I had gastric bypass surgery three weeks ago, on January 10th. So far, everything is going well. I still can't eat normal food again, but I am slowly starting to introduce solid foods into my diet again. It's going slowly and I have to be careful. My weight had gotten out of control, and it started to get hard to get around. I was worried about my health, and I wanted to feel good again. My weight has been limiting my life for too long. I got up to a high weight of 375 pounds on December 21st of last year. I started watching my diet then and have been losing weight since then. Since 12/21, I have lost 42 pounds and I already feel better. I am looking forward to being able to buy clothes off the rack again. I am looking forward to being able to sit in a chair without worrying that I won't fit. At my heaviest weight, I couldn't fit into a chair if it had arm rests. I look forward to going to ball games again. I would like to share this journey with y'all, so I will make updates here. Wish me luck!

sunnyWriting4806 February 2nd, 2023

@Menoeceus

Your journey sounds inspiring and it's very inspiring to see the commitment and progress you're making on achieving your goals. Bypass surgery isn't easy to recover from and adjusting to your new lifestyle and appetite can be very challenging. It seems that you're going through this very well and already seeing the changes you desire to see in your life! Keep working towards it, we're sending encouragement and positivity your way :)

toughTiger6481 February 2nd, 2023

@Menoeceus

Very brave and helpful to share your story ......

i think when people can get a truthful account on something they they do not understand ........many get a better picture of situations.

PoliteOcean February 2nd, 2023

@Menoeceus

Wow... thanks for sharing your journey. You will certainly have to keep us updated on how you continue to do going forwards.

PoliteOcean February 2nd, 2023

@Menoeceus

Wow... thanks for sharing your journey. You will certainly have to keep us updated on how you continue to do going forwards.

Menoeceus OP February 12th, 2023

I really appreciate the kind words, y'all. It's now been 50 days and I have lost 50 pounds in that time. I started at 375 pounds, and I am now at 325. I already feel better, and I can walk so much without my back starting to hurt. Before I lost this weight, my back would start to hurt if I stood or walked for just a few minutes. I look forward to losing more weight! :)

toughTiger6481 February 12th, 2023

@Menoeceus

great news as it goes it is the little things that you will notice feeling more comfortable and find things easy to to do.

luvjjong February 12th, 2023

@Menoeceus i just saw this post, have never met u before, yet i feel so proud of you??? and i believe u can do it :D

Menoeceus OP May 8th, 2023

@luvjjong Thank you!

I have an update! It is day 138 of my diet (118 days since the surgery) and I have lost 102 pounds! I have now lost over 100 pounds and I feel better than I have in years. I started at 375 and I now weight 273. I am working to get under 200 pounds and I believe I can do it!

toughTiger6481 May 8th, 2023

@Menoeceus

wonderful news and i am glad you shared this positive update.

i know it is very hard but glad you are feeling great.

@toughTiger6481 Thanks!

KarenMom42 May 8th, 2023

way to go! its not easy to make a huge lifestyle change like that, especially after years of momentum down a certain path. so proud of you and so glad you are feeling so much better! thank you for sharing your story. its also not easy to put yourself out there but im happy that you did because you are very inspiring. your story helped me remember that i never have to give up or think that things have gone too far to fix

@KarenMom42 Thank you! <3