Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Any Consistency Tips?

navyCurrent2303 September 7th, 2023

I have recently started working on my health. But whenever I am trying to do some exercises, the very next day I get some or other health problems. Like I recently thought of starting with simple walking exercise and then very next day i got back sprain. Last time I started with some jump rope and then i got severe stomachache and list goes now. I am not sure on how do I stay consistent with my health goals?

toughTiger6481 September 7th, 2023

@navyCurrent2303

Are you over doing it? or doing it because others want you to?

I did horrible when exercising because others wanted me to or outside messages of lose weight etc. i resented it and fought doing it ........ when i made it MY thing / my plan......i stayed with it.

I have a friend who says they want to do things like start an exercise program ( need it for health reasons) but before they start .......they develop reasons or issues to kick the can down the road.

my friend over does it sometimes and then has an injury or something and says "well i can not do that again"

I feel they are afraid of failure and not starting keeps it safe. Starting a habit is HARD and some days you do not want to do it ....... but each day here or there of "oh i will do it tomorrow " leads to just NOT doing it.

you are accountable to yourself some people make marks on calendar or those fitness watches etc record how many days in a row/ or minutes in a cardio zone etc so you cannot tell yourself yeah i did enough today even if you have not .

navyCurrent2303 OP September 7th, 2023

I ain’t overdoing for sure. I started by simple walking and then I got severe back strain. Then before that I started skipping and I got severe stomachache. All these pains were at the point where I was not able to get up. I am just afraid of exercising now because Idk what’s next for me. 😒

toughTiger6481 September 7th, 2023

@navyCurrent2303

overdoing it is different for everyone

i know my friend could not walk like i do even a small amount would help them

have you considered using resistance bands or simple stretching movements starting very small...

in walking sometimes I have ankle issues when out on a trail or uneven ground but find doing items in place at home in living room works.

it takes time a core exercises can be done while sitting in chair and a strong core helps a lot with back items.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful October 17th, 2023

@navyCurrent2303

So glad you are working on moving more. I hope the health issues are resolved … start slow and build time and distance. 

I walk slow but I am now up to one hour 4km. Walking is fantastic way to add movement to your life. 

Pace yourself … how are you doing now ?? How are you feeling ???